mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Anyway, they should be pleased. They’ll inevitably get to party like it’s 1999 every so often when we just miss out of the league, lose the occasional cup final and so on. That’s if they survive the trauma of the ones we win. 

:lol: This is so true. Remember what the SMB looked like when Shearer missed the penalty against Partisan? They're in for a great time. When we fuck up (which we probably will in the main), they can wank themselves unconscious. If we win something, it because we're all murderers. Win win for them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Speaking of which...

image.thumb.png.a3c1429b499eca26181971adc6c20d9e.png

:lol: :lol: :lol: what the fuck have I just read here? It sounds like a bampy submission to the surrealist manifesto. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: :lol: Fucking hell man. He should maybe knock that good luck charm on the head, doesn’t seem like it has been working since he started doing it. Had a whip around for a pack of crisps as well man, fucking mackems. 

Got to hand it to whoever wrote that for combining the bizarre with the utterly mundane. I’m not particularly convinced any of it happened either. 
Aye, I always bring a packed lunch. For luck though, not because I’m hungry. I eat it though, also for luck. The missus didn’t make one today though. For the first time ever. You see she was too upset about the situation in the Ukraine and geopolitical implications. 
I mean, what the actual fuck? Just to show how generous the fans are? Is that the point of the story? Or is it top bantz over the crisp looking like a lion’s mouth? And he overheard all this in the stands? :lol: 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Got to hand it to whoever wrote that for combining the bizarre with the utterly mundane. I’m not particularly convinced any of it happened either. 
Aye, I always bring a packed lunch. For luck though, not because I’m hungry. I eat it though, also for luck. The missus didn’t make one today though. For the first time ever. You see she was too upset about the situation in the Ukraine and geopolitical implications. 
I mean, what the actual fuck? Just to show how generous the fans are? Is that the point of the story? Or is it top bantz over the crisp looking like a lion’s mouth? And he overheard all this in the stands? :lol: 

When you put it like that..... :lol:

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

• Haha 3

I hope he remembered to release his used crisp packet at the flying of the refuse ceremony which traditionally takes place during each home game at the SoL 

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Speaking of which...

image.thumb.png.a3c1429b499eca26181971adc6c20d9e.png

What the FUCK is that even meant to be? No you fucking don't hear many stories like that on a match day because no one in their right mind would EVER think to recount it. Or even notice that it was happening. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

What the FUCK is that even meant to be? No you fucking don't hear many stories like that on a match day because no one in their right mind would EVER think to recount it. Or even notice that it was happening. 

High on spice, clearly.

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

So I did a little bit of investigation here. This the thread, notice it also has the image of the crisp.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/lovely-little-story-from-yesterday.1573054/

Looks like a pretty normal crisp to me, but anyway, I did a google lens on the image and it cropped up loads of times, like in this article (image number 13):

https://www.ranker.com/list/snack-chips-that-look-like-other-things/nathandavidson

So the story is entirely apocryphal, some odd mackem has made it up, posted it on SMB, and it has received 45 likes. Strange bunch.  

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

So I di a little bit of investigation here. This the thread, notice it also has the image of the crisp.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/lovely-little-story-from-yesterday.1573054/

Looks like a pretty normal crisp to me, but anyway, I did a google lens on the image and it cropped up loads of times, like in this article (image number 13):

https://www.ranker.com/list/snack-chips-that-look-like-other-things/nathandavidson

So the story is entirely apocryphal, some odd mackem has made it up, posted it on SMB, and it has received 45 likes. Strange bunch.  

It’s the little details that make it so bizarre :lol: 

Now I'm in a dilemma. Some of them are clearly quite emotional about this story (seriously). Was wondering if I should post a link here to show them they've been bull-shitted or let them live in blissful ignorance..... I think the latter is more kind. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Now I'm in a dilemma. Some of them are clearly quite emotional about this story (seriously). Was wondering if I should post a link here to show them they've been bull-shitted or let them live in blissful ignorance..... I think the latter is more kind. 

Just...what?

It's a fucking crisp. For fucks sake Sunderland...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Just...what?

:lol:

To quote Stang out the Police

”When the world is running down
You make the best of what's still around”

They’ve not got much, let them have the deformed crisp :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Just...what?

It's a symbol of hope. For isntance:

This is the first thing that’s made me smile on here for weeks. Thank you.

It's canny scary how empty your life must be for this to be true....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

To quote Stang out the Police

”When the world is running down
You make the best of what's still around”

They’ve not got much, let them have the deformed crisp :lol:

Rayvin's post also made me realise that "Fuck's sake Sunderland" scans nicely with the "Nice one Sunderland" song. They should adopt it as their anthem rather than that Ibiza dance shite Methven introduced. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Renton said:

So I did a little bit of investigation here. This the thread, notice it also has the image of the crisp.

:lol: That’s staggering, why on earth would you make a story like that up? He also should have went with the masturbating Cheeto which is the first listed, unless there’s some symbolism mackems have with lions mouths that I’m missing? Fucking hell what a bunch. 

• Haha 1