mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I like how it’s a made up story and it’s still fucking shit. 

Even their mythical, made up tales of legend are division three standard. Give it another few years and it'll morph into a Mag at work pinching the auld lads bait. :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Renton said:

So I did a little bit of investigation here. This the thread, notice it also has the image of the crisp.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/lovely-little-story-from-yesterday.1573054/

Looks like a pretty normal crisp to me, but anyway, I did a google lens on the image and it cropped up loads of times, like in this article (image number 13):

https://www.ranker.com/list/snack-chips-that-look-like-other-things/nathandavidson

So the story is entirely apocryphal, some odd mackem has made it up, posted it on SMB, and it has received 45 likes. Strange bunch.  

:lol:

Renton is fucking Stacey Dooley. 

• Haha 2

She’d be an interesting shag, earnestly describing and justifying all her actions.  

“next, because I learned about this during my research, I’m going to insert my pinky up your doo-dah. After a bit, I’ll be sticking another finger in, if that’s quite alright with you. Cor blimey”. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Rayvin's post also made me realise that "Fuck's sake Sunderland" scans nicely with the "Nice one Sunderland" song. They should adopt it as their anthem rather than that Ibiza dance shite Methven introduced. 

That would kinda win me over tbh.  Well a bit anyway, love a bit of self deprecation like 👍 

4 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: That’s staggering, why on earth would you make a story like that up? He also should have went with the masturbating Cheeto which is the first listed, unless there’s some symbolism mackems have with lions mouths that I’m missing? Fucking hell what a bunch. 

The bit about 100 people coming to see it, man :lol: like they’ve stopped what they were doing and have hot footed it down to some boozer to see a crisp their mate’s just messaged them about :lol: also how the packet of crisps was bought with a whip round :lol: after people noticed the fella couldn’t bring himself to look at the spot where his packed lunch would normally be :lol: wtaf? 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 4

Absolutely howling at the last few pages of this thread and the forensic deconstruction of that post.

We moved away from Newcastle when I was 8 years old so have never really encountered many Sunderland supporters. You’ll all know better than me but this RTG board surely can’t be representative?

It feels like some kind of care in the community outreach scheme. I almost feel guilty laughing at it.

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Absolutely howling at the last few pages of this thread and the forensic deconstruction of that post.

We moved away from Newcastle when I was 8 years old so have never really encountered many Sunderland supporters. You’ll all know better than me but this RTG board surely can’t be representative?

It feels like some kind of care in the community outreach scheme. I almost feel guilty laughing at it.

I lived there for 3 years.  You should feel no guilt, it’s a cesspit of misery, ignorance and bigots. I remember so much unecessary inconvenience, hassle and stress.  

A few doors down from us there was a refugees home - they were frequently abused and the house was eventually set afire. I think someone died.  

Some cunt broke into my shitty old car and because he failed to hotwire it he proceeded to write it off from the inside. 

Someone crashed into the back of my car and stalked me and my lass for MONTHS to try and prove we weren’t injured - we were.  He ended up making up all this bollocks he had video evidence of us at a company picnic.  Picnics in Sunderland man.  :lol: 

Some cunt broke into the empty house next door and evidently disappointed that the empty house had nothing to steal spent some time removing brickwork IN THE FUCKING ATTIC so they could access our loft and nicked my camping gear and Atari ST from up there.

I was set upon by about 15 teenagers for no reason. 

I was mugged at knifepoint for £5.

The fucking “responsible person” our landlord gave the key to STOLE OUR FUCKING MAIL. We found all my wife’s birthday cards in a fucking bush when we were walking the dog.  

Some MOUTHBREATHING amoeba from Ponshon drove clean through a STOP sign at 30 mph into my car and permanently fucked my spine. His daughter, who was sat in the back of his car, latterly launched a personal injury claim against me ffs. 😂 

These are the first few things off the top of my head.

They’d be utterly fucked without Nissan and of course collectively they couldn’t even see this.  

There are some decent mackems but almost all of them have got the fuck out.  At least to Washington.  

Fuck them marra.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, trophyshy said:

I lived there for 3 years.  You should feel no guilt, it’s a cesspit of misery, ignorance and bigots. I remember so much unecessary inconvenience, hassle and stress.  

A few doors down from us there was a refugees home - they were frequently abused and the house was eventually set afire. I think someone died.  

Some cunt broke into my shitty old car and because he failed to hotwire it he proceeded to write it off from the inside. 

Someone crashed into the back of my car and stalked me and my lass for MONTHS to try and prove we weren’t injured - we were.  He ended up making up all this bollocks he had video evidence of us at a company picnic.  Picnics in Sunderland man.  :lol: 

Some cunt broke into the empty house next door and evidently disappointed that the empty house had nothing to steal spent some time removing brickwork IN THE FUCKING ATTIC so they could access our loft and nicked my camping gear and Atari ST from up there.

The fucking “responsible person” our landlord gave the key to STOLE OUR FUCKING MAIL. We found all my wife’s birthday cards in a fucking bush when we were walking the dog.  

Some MOUTHBREATHING amoeba from Ponshon drove clean through a STOP sign at 30 mph into my car and permanently fucked my spine. His daughter, who was sat in the back of his car, latterly launched a personal injury claim against me ffs. 😂 

They’d be utterly fucked without Nissan and of course collectively they couldn’t even see this.  

There are some decent mackems but almost all of them have got the fuck out.  At least to Washington.  

Fuck them marra.  

:lol: But apart from that you'd recommend it as a place to bring up a family? 

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, trophyshy said:

Fuck them marra.  

:lol: Fucking hell man. It is a total fucking shithole like. 

I think I’ve told it before on here but growing up I’d sometimes work a bit for my dad as a laborer on the sites/odd jobs places. Once we went to this council estate in Sunderland for some contract to install electric fireplaces iirc. This one bloke told us this story about how he took a load of drugs and went for a walk along a beach (as you do, think it was Seaham he said), he said this big monster started following him and he told himself it was just the drugs, eventually he got a bit paranoid about it and started legging it but the monster caught him and started biting at his legs. Turned out the daft fucker was getting attacked by a stray dog on the beach while off his nut :lol:.

That whole estate was brutal tbh. Just never ending bother with tools getting nicked, people refusing to let us in as they were pretty much dealing drugs out the back and didn’t want to get reported (but we needed to sign off that we’d installed these daft fire places). Shit hole. 

• Haha 5

What else have they got after the myth of their billionaire owner dissolved in front of their eyes? 
You just have to see the reaction when they thought the takeover was dead to gauge their true feelings. 
That coupled with automatic promotion certainty switching to struggling to make the playoffs and they’ve lost the plot. 

• Like 3

Aye they’re completely broken like :lol: 

They’d snap their hands off for any decent owner, never mind an owner with the ambition to be the biggest club in the world with a bank balance to match. 

Aye even the official club twitter account was taking the piss when it fell through. Not laughing now are they? 

When Man City pipped Man U to the league the entire of the stadium of light did the Poznań. Weren’t bothered about blood money or asterisks then were they? 

I don’t recall one of the most iconic moments in premier league history being tarnished by blood money.

Aagggguueeeerrroooooooo 🙄

• Like 5

I think you’re wrong, Tom. I know Shaun Middleton has had deep concerns about the situation in Yemen for a long time. He’s also felt very strongly about what happened to Jamal Khashoggi and the impact on his former fiancé. The fact he never mentioned it before the takeover shouldn’t detract from that 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 6