mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I think you’re wrong, Tom. I know Shaun Middleton has had deep concerns about the situation in Yemen for a long time. He’s also felt very strongly about what happened to Jamal Khashoggi and the impact on his former fiancé. The fact he never mentioned it before the takeover shouldn’t detract from that 

Very attune to things like that the mackems. Even to the point they are incapable of making packed lunches, that they’ve been making without fail for 60 years, because of tensions in Ukraine. I assume the constant pressures of the geopolitical climate is why they’re seemingly such a pack of workshy bastards, can’t bring themselves to get out of bed with the stress of it all. I also assume it’s what caused all of Shaun Middletons teeth to fall out. 

Btw, I find it hilarious that they keep getting all excited whenever some random Italian junk news source pulls that PiF want to buy Inter story up again, have they genuinely not realized by this point it’s complete and utter fucking nonsense :lol:. Without fail though whenever it’s reported anywhere, regardless of how clearly untrustworthy the source, they’re buzzing about it. They then immediately start acting like it has happened “just a feyydahhh club them marras”. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 6

The Saudis aren't interested man, Staveley is a tyre kicker

Bid accepted

The Premier League will never let the deal go through

Takeover confirmed

Well of course it's gone through, the Premier League is corrupt, but they'll never attract good players.

Trippier, Guimaraes, Burn, Targett, Wood sign

Well the good players have only come for the money, and the rest are crap

Now we're on the "The Saudis will lose interest" plus "asterisk" and "blood money", stages of denial.

Gets to the point where you have to ask; are these straws you grasp at helping, or breaking your back?

• Like 5

What is nailed on though, is that they'll find a new way to fuck up this season. Sacking the manager when they could have well hit a run of form at any time and exposing themselves as skint charlatans is certainly a good start but they'll find someway to fuck it up royally on the pitch too. My pipe dream is Defoe missing a penalty on the last day and ensuring they miss the playoffs.

• Haha 5

51 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The Saudis aren't interested man, Staveley is a tyre kicker

Bid accepted

The Premier League will never let the deal go through

Takeover confirmed

Well of course it's gone through, the Premier League is corrupt, but they'll never attract good players.

Trippier, Guimaraes, Burn, Targett, Wood sign

Well the good players have only come for the money, and the rest are crap

Now we're on the "The Saudis will lose interest" plus "asterisk" and "blood money", stages of denial.

Gets to the point where you have to ask; are these straws you grasp at helping, or breaking your back?

Bizarrely Everton fans followed the exact same trajectory. 

although they’re stuck on “you’ll just be another Everton”

now. Because they’re shit and spend a lot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Bizarrely Everton fans followed the exact same trajectory. 

although they’re stuck on “you’ll just be another Everton”

now. Because they’re shit and spend a lot.

Best thing about this crack from them is that, up to now, it seems fairly apparent that our lot have spent the last however long it's been, learning how to NOT do what clubs like Everton have done and spunk a shit load of money on shite. Even the first few years of Man City having mad money, we seem to have skipped that bit and been scarily sensible. Ashworth coming in almost single-handedly assures that we will never be what the mackems want us to be and that's even funnier.

• Like 4

Maybe the kid on the first one is disabled and wee Phillie is making his day and the 'audience' is on his side so I'd defer on that one, (could be wrong of course and giving them too much credit), however, there's no excuse for this other one, is there? :lol:

• Haha 2

Nee mention anymore of derbies next season.The gap is only going to get wider ,which they’ll never accept.They’ll continue to hound every manager out if they don’t win every game.They’ve never really replaced cabbage heed,which must nark them.They got rid of Midget Johnson,even though they were third in the league,but they’ll never be happy until they’re above us,whatever league they’re in.Soon they’ll be witnessing the scruffy urchins of Pennywell and Hendon wearing their toon tops with pride.Nee light at the end of their tunnel and they know it.

SMB

• Haha 4

On 21/02/2022 at 13:15, Renton said:

There's a poster on that thread called Dilligaf60 who has made literally hundreds of posts about how the Saudi takeover makes us all scum and of course as Sunderland fans are inherently morally superior they wouldn't have accepted it etc. Nothing really new here but it's the volume of his posts that are quite worrying, hours worth of dribble, the bloke seems unhinged. And yet, after a bit of controversy at the start, nobody nationally really gives a shit now. It's that fact that is really killing them. Dilligaf60 will keep fighting on the internet though, like a Japanese soldier hiding in a cave that doesn't know he's lost the war. 

My Favourites have to be Secret Visage and the Exile 1968. The amount of spite and vitriol they have for us is mental. As a collective though, they're all absolute obsessed. Imagine letting rivalry over a club 5 miles away take over your life.

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Rivalry aside for once. I hope whoever is being treating is going to be ok

image.png.71380b357bc9f3d9bb6949025f9687a2.png

Speaking of.

FMOd-Wd6-X0-AAA65t.jpg

My Story

On the 20th of March 2022 I am taking part in the March for Bobby, in loving memory of Jarra lad Bobby Swinney.

We will walk the approx. 7 miles from his house in Jarrow to St.James Park.
After calling into The Strawberry for refreshments we will then make the return trip to Jarrow and finish in The Alberta Club. A total of between 13-14 miles.

This would of been wor Bobby's most enjoyable journey so a very fitting tribute.
Leaving his house to get the metro to the match then back after the match to The Alberta to talk over the match and argue with anyone who disagreed with him.

We are looking to raise as much as possible in aid of local heart charity Red Sky Foundation who will help us place a defibrillator outside of St. James Park with a plaque in memory of Bobby.

Depending on how successful we are we would also love to be able to place a Defibrillator in Jarrow Town Centre. Bobby was a proud Jarra Lad.

All donations and sponsorships will be gratefully received and appreciated by everyone who knew Bobby Swinney and by those who want to try and save other peoples' lives.

https://redskyfoundation.enthuse.com/pf/kieran-swinney-f0593

• Like 1