mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

13 minutes ago, Howay said:

They play in red and white, that means automatic MLFs. 

It's better than that - they used to go on for years how they played in red and white as they were founded by Mackem sailors and there was a special relationship. 

Then one of them went to their museum and tried to engage with the guide only to be told "What the fuck are you talking about, you stupid Mackem cunt - we've never heard of you" (or the basque equivalent).

Funny thing is theres a tiny bit of truth in it as their wiki history mention British workers from Southampton, Portsmouth and Sunderland bringing the game which I suppose might explain it. 

I reckon the museum guide took one look at the visiting tramp and just told him to fuck off on principle. 

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, NJS said:

It's better than that - they used to go on for years how they played in red and white as they were founded by Mackem sailors and there was a special relationship. 

Then one of them went to their museum and tried to engage with the guide only to be told "What the fuck are you talking about, you stupid Mackem cunt - we've never heard of you" (or the basque equivalent).

Funny thing is theres a tiny bit of truth in it as their wiki history mention British workers from Southampton, Portsmouth and Sunderland bringing the game which I suppose might explain it. 

I reckon the museum guide took one look at the visiting tramp and just told him to fuck off on principle. 

I wonder if Madrid was the true birthplace of the Spitfire :lol:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, NJS said:

I’m sure I read it was a Southampton kit that was taken back to Bilbao. The Southampton/Portsmouth link makes more sense in terms the connection between the south coast of England and the northern coast of Spain. You can still get a ferry to Bilbao from Portsmouth. I remember the mackems being adamant at the time we played Bilbao that it was then though. Which only serves to make it less likely in my eyes. 

All I’m hearing is via mackem sailors there’s a special friendship with both Southampton AND Pompey, all MLFs and then via those two a friendship with Bilbao. Then there’s some club guide at Bilbao who is a plant by the Tyneside cabal of businessmen to discredit the history of how Bilbao fans are MLFs, but it’s quite widely known that this guide is himself a MLF originally but turned when the cabal got their claws into him. 

• Haha 3

:lol: :lol: This lot are fucking tragic, make up a rumour about a Middle East takeover (compare their irrelevant club to the clubs that have had these takeovers) and then reject it because you’re too classy for it. Fucking wey aye you bunch of stupid see through cunts. See also the pathetic “top 8 finish” shite - see where both clubs are in 3 year. 

I don’t even think the thick cunt realizes that Abu Dhabi is the capital of the UAE and they already own Manchester City. Unless he’s meaning a consortium that happen to be from Abu Dhabi and he’s just being a racist cunt - either one is typical of mackems. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: :lol: This lot are fucking tragic, make up a rumour about a Middle East takeover (compare their irrelevant club to the clubs that have had these takeovers) and then reject it because you’re too classy for it. Fucking wey aye you bunch of stupid see through cunts. See also the pathetic “top 8 finish” shite - see where both clubs are in 3 year. 

I don’t even think the thick cunt realizes that Abu Dhabi is the capital of the UAE and they already own Manchester City. Unless he’s meaning a consortium that happen to be from Abu Dhabi and he’s just being a racist cunt - either one is typical of mackems. 

Another day, another completely fictitious takeover story in the life of SAFC. It’s also amusing his going on like he has a say in the matter. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

How the fuck do you accept a bit and provide no info on the buyers? Sunderland fans are dicks but what a way to be treated. 

I agree with you in principle, but is there an obligation to disclose that information when it's a privately owned entity or is it at owner's discretion?