mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Stadium gigs better than anything down the road: Missing out on Rammstein next Sunday at Coventry’s Stadium, tickets bought 2.5 years ago, then Covid happened 🙄

Can’t get anyone to dog-sit, because everyone who ordinarily would is going to see Rammstein at Coventry on Sunday 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Mind you what it would have cost in petrol, hotel (£270 for the village hotel, and they’re shit) plus spendies probably be around £600 less poor come Monday.

Edited by Toonpack

4 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Stadium gigs better than anything down the road: Missing out on Rammstein next Sunday at Coventry’s Stadium, tickets bought 2.5 years ago, then Covid happened 🙄

Can’t get anyone to dog-sit, because everyone who ordinarily would is going to see Rammstein at Coventry on Sunday 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Mind you what it would have cost in petrol, hotel (£270 for the village hotel, and they’re shit) plus spendies probably be around £600 less poor come Monday.

£600 richer and rammstein won't have made your ears bleed. sounds like a double win to me!

• Haha 4

I had to look up who these are. A German Neue Deutsche Härte band apparently. I can't be arsed to look up what that means, but it sounds horrendous. These krauts can actually fill an English stadium?! 

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

I had to look up who these are. A German Neue Deutsche Härte band apparently. I can't be arsed to look up what that means, but it sounds horrendous. These krauts can actually fill an English stadium?! 

Nice bit chill-out for a sunny afternoon :lol:

Edit; I highly recommend looking up the translated lyrics. :lol:

• Haha 1

It means they're an industrial metal band from Germany. I saw them fill what is now the Excel exhibition centre about 20 years ago - they're quite famous for their stage shows which are very pyrotechnic and also the fact they've never "sold out" by singing in English. 

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

They can fill stadiums globally, they are mahoosive

7 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

They can fill stadiums globally, they are mahoosive

Twinned with Coventry no less. 

"The rudiments of the NDH style were established by Oomph! on their seminal second album, Sperm (1994)," Think I'll pass on this genre. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

"The rudiments of the NDH style were established by Oomph! on their seminal second album, Sperm (1994)," Think I'll pass on this genre. :lol:

They played the arena some years back, knew someone who worked there, he said all major bands usually brought their own generator for shows, Rammstein brought six :):):):)

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Love a bit of Oomph! like. Sound of my uni year abroad. :D 

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

You, you have.

although not really my cup of tea I could tolerate them in small doses. worked with a french lad for a couple of years who loved them and would play their stuff (loudly) in the workshop as often as he could get away with.

I grew to hate them.

much prefer connie francis belting out schoner fremder mann these days for me fix of german crooning. possibly even nena's 99 red balloons in her native tongue!  :)

6 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

although not really my cup of tea I could tolerate them in small doses. worked with a french lad for a couple of years who loved them and would play their stuff (loudly) in the workshop as often as he could get away with.

I grew to hate them.

much prefer connie francis belting out schoner fremder mann these days for me fix of german crooning. possibly even nena's 99 red balloons in her native tongue!  :)

She was another one who was gorgeous until she raised her arms revealing her teutonic hirsute pits on ToTP. Plus that song charted way too long. 

• Haha 3

by the way, just in in case anybody even remotely interested, here's connie warbling the above number. fair play to the lass, although she's not even german she still looks like she'd knock out a cracking stollen cake at christmas!  :)

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It has to be said, ( well, not really, but I’m going to anyway), that the young QEII had quite a rack. 

reported. 

Pics please.