mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Air shows are shit imo. They're in the same bracket as country shows, bored people standing around wishing they'd gone to the beach instead. Or anywhere else in fact.

Sunderland's gold and sandy beach?

lol I was assuming the people wouldn't be from Sunderland. On the basis you have to pay to get in.

Kids go Free?*

*Kids probably spelled with a 'z'

Edited by The Fish

edit: Also don't competitive swimmers always moan about that aquatics centre? iirc there was all sorts of problems with the fact it's basically in the middle of an industrial estate so it's fucking boring unless they're swimming. Like comparing Kabul to London this man.

It's right next to the Stadium of Shite so about ten minutes walk from the town centre. Not that it makes much difference like, their high street is packed with second hand shops and the bridges is full of utter mongs in holey slippers and pyjamas. It's like Wallsend High Street 30 year ago!

The argument from them seems to be that the city centre is much nicer in Newcastle but there are loads of shitholes that surround it.

Right, I would posit the best of Newcastle City (and the surrounding area) is nicer than the best of sunderland town (and the surrounding area) and the worst of sunderland is shittier than the worst of Newcastle.

Is it just a blind partisan response?

The argument from them seems to be that the city centre is much nicer in Newcastle but there are loads of shitholes that surround it.

Right, I would posit the best of Newcastle City (and the surrounding area) is nicer than the best of sunderland town (and the surrounding area) and the worst of sunderland is shittier than the worst of Newcastle.

Is it just a blind partisan response?

Newcastle city centry is a million miles better than Sunderland town centre. Around it they have Cleadon which is classed as Sunderland which is nice enough as is a lot of Boldon and the area around Barnes Park. Do any of them compare favourably to Ponteland, Jesmond or Gosforth? Not at all. To be fair you can probably compare Pennywell, Southwick and Hendon with Benwell, Walker and the Ridges as they're all (at least in parts) equally shit.

I'd compare Benwell, Walker and the Ridges to sunderland town centre tbh.

In favour of the first three.

To be honest your not far wrong. The other areas I mentioned are alright (I've had to spend far too much time around Sunderland for work and the ex wife) but a lot of the town centre is a right shit hole. In the interest of balance I would say that there are some nicer parts of it though.

Cleadon, Whitburn and the Boldons are South Tyneside despite the postcodes - there's only really Ashbrooke that's comparable with Gosforth or Jesmond.

Just had a look at one of their derby threads. Amazing how many of them claimed to have clipped a Mag or seen Mags get kicked all over and their recollections of derby games at Roker seem a bit at odds from what I remember. Also seem to think Carver would've been 'bitch-slapped' by Di Canio. The shite that goes through their heeds, like. :lol:

Just had a look at one of their derby threads. Amazing how many of them claimed to have clipped a Mag or seen Mags get kicked all over and their recollections of derby games at Roker seem a bit at odds from what I remember. Also seem to think Carver would've been 'bitch-slapped' by Di Canio. The shite that goes through their heeds, like. :lol:

They re-write the history books more than they clean their fucking teeth.

• 2 weeks later...

`10 best Sunderland hotels on Tripadvisor'

1st Travelodge Sunderland High Street

2nd April Guesthouse

3rd Travelodge Sunderland Central

Have you called your bairn Niall so you can punch him with impunity?