mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

7 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I honestly think we should buy him.

he's probably an upgrade on wood and the meltdown would be fucking glorious.

Why not? It's pocket change for us. Plus it would mean the mackems have taken blood money. 

• Haha 7

shirley knott getting his knickers in one over the bbc and cancelling his tv license.

look north korea, the magedia, business cartels, there's just no end to the corporations involved in a major conspiracy to discredit these massive players in the footballing world.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/still-nothing-on-bbc-site-about-us.1587616/

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Why not? It's pocket change for us. Plus it would mean the mackems have taken blood money. 

I’m not sure if it was just too much glue being sniffed but I saw him being mentioned on RTG as an Everton target. Not seen it anywhere else but that would be hilarious from all angles 

Some of the replies to Mowbray being approached to takeover :lol: 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/momentum-on-tony-mowbray-getting-bigger-by-the-hour.1587624/

I don't know if he's any good or not really but it does seem as though they'd really gotten into this mindset that they were about to be a force and get promoted and so on - the responses absolutely prove this, they're fucking livid. 

I particularly like the ones who are claiming this is the last straw :D Not paying £10m for a player they didn't own, not Adam Johnson, not relegation to the championship, not subsequent relegation to League One. Not the 4 years it took them to get out, playoff final fucked up, managers cycled through, overpaying on shit players. All of that, these guys were on board with. But Tony Mowbray. I mean ffs, that's just too much. Final nail in the fucking coffin. Apparently.

All ignoring of course that a year ago they'd have been fucking lucky to get him, and he is very likely 'of their level'.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Some of the replies to Mowbray being approached to takeover :lol: 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/momentum-on-tony-mowbray-getting-bigger-by-the-hour.1587624/

I don't know if he's any good or not really but it does seem as though they'd really gotten into this mindset that they were about to be a force and get promoted and so on - the responses absolutely prove this, they're fucking livid. 

I particularly like the ones who are claiming this is the last straw :D Not paying £10m for a player they didn't own, not Adam Johnson, not relegation to the championship, not subsequent relegation to League One. Not the 4 years it took them to get out, playoff final fucked up, managers cycled through, overpaying on shit players. All of that, these guys were on board with. But Tony Mowbray. I mean ffs, that's just too much. Final nail in the fucking coffin. Apparently.

All ignoring of course that a year ago they'd have been fucking lucky to get him, and he is very likely 'of their level'.

I thought they loved him in Sunderland? Didn't they name a park after him? Fucking contrarian ingrates. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

I thought they loved him in Sunderland? Didn't they name a park after him? Fucking contrarian ingrates. 

Aye but he's not Pocchetino or Guardiola, and that's the level of manager they should be looking marra. They were promoted from league one last season man, one of the few teams with over 40k fans to have ever managed that...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

I honestly think we should buy him.

he's probably an upgrade on wood and the meltdown would be fucking glorious.

This but then loan him to Stoke

• Haha 10

40 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I have to admit ive never seen Stewart play but he is 26 and just played for minnows his whole career. Can't see him being better than Wood.

That is SOOO not the point 

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I have to admit ive never seen Stewart play but he is 26 and just played for minnows his whole career. Can't see him being better than Wood.

Didn’t realise he was 26. Sure I read some Mackems saying that he could have a similar trajectory to Toney because of the way they progressed through the leagues. Shame there’s just the slight difference of Toney being on his way up and still improving whereas this sweaty is currently at his peak :lol: 

"Get on to Alan Parry, Keith Downie or Pete Graves at sky or some producer who apparently supports Newcastle United, tell them to get onto whichever down on their luck, ex-average player of a southern club who is doing the reports from the championship and get him to state that the Sunderland fans booed at the end, thus emphasising the difference between Newcastle United fans and Sunderland's."

20200709_121601__01.thumb.jpg.47c2b0db2237ee851d0200670d80ddb0.jpg

• Haha 8