mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

9 hours ago, MMXXVIII said:

Didn't we used to pass a massive flag around the East Stand prior to kick off under Keegan or did I imagine that? It was the mid 90s and I'd be 'off my mash on ecstacy pipes' semi-regular so I'm questioning everything like timelines and the nature of reality now.

Yes we did and it was a fair size as well

Great times. Think it went around whole stadium. Got me thinking...

Ive been moved three times (NEARLY tears of joy) with NUFC.

1) NUFC 7-1 Leicester - When the WHOLE stadium (that includes the library east stand where I had my season ticket was singing Andy Cole song)

2). NUFC 3-2 Barca. Never seem a performance like Tino put in that night. When the third went in....magic.

3) I think it was Leeds at home and Robbie Elliott got a bad injury. The crowd went around the whole team singing each players name and getting a wave - while he was being treated.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MMXXVIII said:

Didn't we used to pass a massive flag around the East Stand prior to kick off under Keegan or did I imagine that? It was the mid 90s and I'd be 'off my mash on ecstacy pipes' semi-regular so I'm questioning everything like timelines and the nature of reality now.

We had 2 of them

Flags at St James' Park - home of Newcastle United - Chronicle Live

Flags at St James' Park - home of Newcastle United - Chronicle Live

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

1) NUFC 7-1 Leicester - When the WHOLE stadium (that includes the library east stand where I had my season ticket was singing Andy Cole song)

2). NUFC 3-2 Barca. Never seem a performance like Tino put in that night. When the third went in....magic.

3) I think it was Leeds at home and Robbie Elliott got a bad injury. The crowd went around the whole team singing each players name and getting a wave - while he was being treated.

The 7-1 Leicester atmosphere was electric the only downside was John Hall trying to sing

Edited by Rosco
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Didn’t Elliott score a cracking goal in the same match? Always rated him. He wasn’t the same when he came back. He’d suffered a bad injury on his debut for Bolton and was never the same player. Another good un binned by Dalglish

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Didn’t Elliott score a cracking goal in the same match? Always rated him. He wasn’t the same when he came back. He’d suffered a bad injury on his debut for Bolton and was never the same player. Another good un binned by Dalglish

Aye, he was one of my fav players before that bad injury.  Did well in anchor as well. Keegan had a fetish with playing fullbacks in that role. Think Pep does as well.

I used to rate Alan Neilson as well. He was clever but was too small to play CB at the top level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Aye, he was one of my fav players before that bad injury.  Did well in anchor as well. Keegan had a fetish with playing fullbacks in that role. Think Pep does as well.

I used to rate Alan Neilson as well. He was clever but was too small to play CB at the top level.

When Dalglish took over he played Elliott as one of a midfield 3 (I think he was an ever present in that run) where we did really well (think Elliott scored away to arsenal in a rare win at Highbury). We played some cracking football, came second and we’re in with a sniff of the title until the last 2or 3 games. Then he binned off half the team 

• Like 1

Just now, ewerk said:

You can take the boy out of Sunderland...

I like Henderson. I’d like to think he’s got more about him than saying something racist. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Cracking player. I wanted him in for Beresford and Watson in for Barton as our title charge fell apart.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Barton seems to be a cult hero to the younger generation but was crap to be honest. Watson was better.

Don't think there was much difference between Hottiger and Barton either.

Aye, we paid a fortune for a player worse than the home grown one we had. KK wanted FBs who could bomb in though. Barton was a 100 %-er but not great going in either direction 

I must say their absolute fume/mental gymnastics in their thread has aged like a fine wine over the last year.

They've absolutely lost their minds, genuinely unhinged behaviour.

Wonderful entertainment. 

Also notice how we don't get mackems posting anymore?  🧐

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I must say their absolute fume/mental gymnastics in their thread has aged like a fine wine over the last year.

They've absolutely lost their minds, genuinely unhinged behaviour.

Wonderful entertainment. 

Also notice how we don't get mackems posting anymore?  🧐

The better we look like doing the more unhinged some of them get. It's nothing new tbh but it's only going to get worse. 

• Like 1

I saw someone on there saying Man City are completely different (as they’ve collectively explained on RTG many times apparently, which I must’ve missed). Aye, completely different in that they’re not your local rivals. 

• Like 2

I mean they're literally in the coalition of nations at war in Yemen & have planned to meet with Putin this week. 

In addition to that the brother of the owner drove a bloke out to the desert, chopped him up and ran him over.

Different 🤠

• Like 4