mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

39 minutes ago, OTF said:

Aye and my point when I started writing was supposed to be if you're going to make a story up go all out, don't be like I had sex with one of the Spice Girls in the 90s and then say it was Mel B.

Fook! Ya bastid 

• Haha 1

Sporty has aged the best imo.

Somehow deleted my last post. Honestly though, I do find find the menagerie of the SMB to be fascinating. Asides from there multitude of posts about us which are so embarassing they have to collect them all and hide them away, they've won two games and now genuinely think they have a team comparable to Keegan's in 1992. Actually, scrap that, they didn't even fucking win aginst Fulham B and were second best in every department according to the stats. Here's some of the threads this run of WD results has provoked.

Needy.

597235867_Annotation2023-01-30080856.png.5d5b5e3c278db877761a54b91d35d00d.png

Don Hutchinson was complementary about them apparantly, needs its own thread.

Hutch.png.d75c9a65f82947c1ccf33227e230b980.png

As discussed, the "Real Entertainers", whatever the fuck that means for a bang average second tier counter attacking team. 

entertainers.png.35a21e4b8c4608dbac86cb53e98cf671.png

The Pride of the North East Marra. Possibly the most depressing concept ever.

Pride.png.90ead4fea08da90d828c8955c6290378.png

On MoTD first!!! Worth its own thread. 

Motd.png.7c87636e9e87c4b5a5758e58aed99e92.png

ANd this gem of a thread. I mean these things happen at football matches. But for the self professed "classiest" fans, abusing a lass at a match isn't a great look, let alone starting a thread on it. It's okay though, they suspect she was a Mag marra. 

Slapper.png.9c6919ddc1bdef978973fbb256e1e38c.png

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Sporty has aged the best imo.

She had aged well, especially if you take personality into account - that's why I had the caveat of in the 90s. She's probably the only one who has improved with age.

Wouldn't say no to any of them, though I've had to close my eyes with Posh these days.

10 minutes ago, OTF said:

She had aged well, especially if you take personality into account - that's why I had the caveat of in the 90s. She's probably the only one who has improved with age.

Wouldn't say no to any of them, though I've had to close my eyes with Posh these days.

Give me 90s All Saints any day over the Spice girls. Although I watched celebratory MasterChef and Mealnie Blatt has morphed into a Mumsy middle aged house wife who's a fucking good cook. Suits me. :)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Give me 90s All Saints any day over the Spice girls. Although I watched celebratory MasterChef and Mealnie Blatt has morphed into a Mumsy middle aged house wife who's a fucking good cook. Suits me. :)

Absolutely; I was a very close repeat observer of the I know where it's at and Never Ever film clips.

Looking at the stats, they're a decent Championship outfit.

Creating a better than average number of chances and their attacking efficacy is better than average.

2023-01-11-ch-att.png

They're not great defensively allowing a lot of shots (only 5 allow more), but the opposition have to take a lot of shots before Sunderland concede;

2023-01-11-ch-def.png

However, they are where they should in the league. Not leading the league, not flirting with relegation. 

2023-01-11-ch-eg.png

This could all change if their first choice striker's output isn't made up in the aggregate, because they are very reliant on him. 

:lol: RTG will have had that one circled and underlined on the calendar, meanwhile we didn’t have a fucking clue it was happening. I assumed they would be a lot higher than us given they’re the best academy in the world and we’ve had 14 years of Mike Ashley ignoring ours. 

• Haha 3

Rigg is a Newcastle United fan, to the extent he changed his Facebook profile picture to Mohamed Bin Salman when the takeover went through. 

He’ll be looking to make an impression today.

I went on a med cruise about 15 years ago. Sporty was on it although I only saw her on the BA chartered flight to Italy at the start of it so I doubt she left her suite much. Terry Butcher was on it. We spoke to him a few times and he’s even more dull and humourless than he comes across on tv and radio 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Starting first teamers in the children’s derby is it :lol: 

Wouldn't be surprised if they sacked their U-21 coach last week and hired someone else for the new manager bounce as well. #itmeanswe'rederangederr,Imeanmore

• Haha 3

Howling at them saying the flags & scarfs are “free” and “club funded” as if wor flags wasn’t around well in advance of the takeover, by about 7 years :lol: 

Also the club shop have been absolutely raking it in selling scarfs. 

Such bitter losers 

• Haha 4

:lol: Class. I always love them bringing up play-off trips to Wembley as being a point of pride, you only go because you’re not good enough for automatic promotion if we’re at the stage of counting that shite then we’ve got two recent league titles, fucking morons. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 3