mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Just now, Renton said:

Fun fact that Mitrovic has never scored in the FA cup. Get him on. Couldn't think of a better place to break his duck. :)

Erm…. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Fun fact that Mitrovic has never scored in the FA cup. Get him on. Couldn't think of a better place to break his duck. :)

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Erm…. :lol: 

Beat me to it

• Like 1

They score with 4 minutes left on the clock, giving them a realistic chance to equalize and take the game to pelantys.

But 80% of their magnificent, unrivalled, famous, lovable ‘support’ has fucked off to AJ’s Bar or wherever they go for their on draft Galahad, leaving them no real actual support in the ground.

Imagine being one of their players and knowing how well they are supported.

Pride of the North East.

• Haha 4

They’ve definitely got some decent players but I thought that was a bang average match in a tepid atmosphere. It wasn’t as close as the score suggests. They conceded early and were dominated first half. It was 2-1 and 3-2 for very short periods of the game. I think where they’re really deluding themselves is the ‘model’. They’re basically being conned into thinking spending fuck all is some master plan, just because they’ve been fleeced in the past. If the young players develop as they hope they’ll likely be sold. We’ve also seen here (albeit with an owner willing to spend to avert a crisis) how you can assemble a good side through good recruitment without breaking the bank. Like the year we came fifth. But is that ‘model’ on a lower budget sustainable? I doubt it. We should definitely be looking to emulate and better their academy though 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Alex said:

They’ve definitely got some decent players but I thought that was a bang average match in a tepid atmosphere. It wasn’t as close as the score suggests. They conceded early and were dominated first half. It was 2-1 and 3-2 for very short periods of the game. I think where they’re really deluding themselves is the ‘model’. They’re basically being conned into thinking spending fuck all is some master plan, just because they’ve been fleeced in the past. If the young players develop as they hope they’ll likely be sold. We’ve also seen here (albeit with an owner willing to spend to avert a crisis) how you can assemble a good side through good recruitment without breaking the bank. Like the year we came fifth. But is that ‘model’ on a lower budget sustainable? I doubt it. We should definitely be looking to emulate and better their academy though 

Agreed. Also they have Tony fucking Mowbray as their manager, not some upcoming genius coach. Their best player is on loan from ManU.

The weird delusion on the SMB though is quite something. Several posters seemed to genuinely believe that last nights game had earned them national respect and people will somehow now become lifelong MLFs after watching this. I know I am biased, but for me despite the scoreline, what I saw was a turgid affair, and it seems to have completely passed the mackems by they were not playing premiership opposition, with Fulham having made 9 changes for this fixture, and ultimately winning quite comfortably.  

• Like 2