mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I once blobbed on a shift full of mackems, most of them canny enough lads although their gaffer decided to not include us in briefs which was unheard of, not one of them was really arsed on football, marra, as  I think it was one of their relegation years, however of the shifts I blobbed with them one was where we took a 3-1 lead going into the last quarter of our QF tie against Sporting and somehow got beat 5-3 under tactical genius Souness. I got a guard of honour as the shift finished with much clapping and laughing. Even one of them who genuinely didn't like football was lapping it up. Part of me thinks it was a laugh, part of me imagines their faces if I'd have done the same back but that would've been a real feat of imagination thinking they'd be in a QF in a European competition or just being in Europe, full stop. 

Literally all their footballing pleasure is derived vicariously from our failures, and the higher we go, the bigger our let downs are, and the more it makes them happy. One day of course the trend will be bucked and we will actually start winning things, and this will devestate them. But even then, just like with Man City, we won't win everything, for instance we might just get beaten by Real Madrid in the CL final. This will utterly enrapture Weirdside. With this in mind, they should get down on their knees and thank the Kingdom of Saudi and praise Allah! :lol:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

What is blobbed on?

Say it quietly but I think only HMHM knows. He's one of these uncouth people that works shifts and might even have a name tag. For me, "blob" was the vernacular for condom so I dread to think. 

• Haha 4

It’s when you’re there physically but not there mentally, isn’t it? 

So, you blobbed this shift because your attention was on the match, not the job. 

“Why’s HMHM’s line backed up, Marra?”

” Mags game marra, he’s fucking blobbing it. FTM”

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Callus Fingers vs Soft Hands. :lol:

Blobbed? Callus Fingers?

You're just making shit up now.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Men: 

Boys:

(You can put yourselves in whichever category you belong in). :cuppa:

I knew what you meant but I’ve got soft hands 👍🏻😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I knew what you meant but I’ve got soft hands 👍🏻😂

and you use them well. 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Renton said:

Say it quietly but I think only HMHM knows. He's one of these uncouth people that works shifts and might even have a name tag. For me, "blob" was the vernacular for condom so I dread to think. 

Just reminded me there was a fat kid in the year below me at school called Robert who acquired the name ‘Blob’ :lol: 

• Haha 4

Blob = Overtime

;)

Don't ask me why but it's been called that since I started working and obviously goes back way before that everywhere I've worked, I assume it's a Tyneside/NE thing? I also assume it's a manufacturing thing as there's no 'stopping back' to finish something like in an office culture, it's cold hard cash and it's a set time, guaranteed, no skinchies, pay up even if you change your mind if it's less than a day's notice. Holidays and blob, the most common origins of strife on the shop floor, bar none. :lol:

• Haha 2

Mackems being mackems again. So this post begs three questions to me. First, why do they have to invent these ridiclous words all the time. "Moyeslegation" ffs, did this sill twat think this was some clever play on words or something. Secondly, why do they hate Motes so much? I mean, he was just another appointment who couldn't fix the terminal decline of the club. Is it purely because he just said it how he saw it when he arrived there? He was right. And thidly, the bit I've highlighted, what kind of insane delusion is this? :lol:

image.thumb.png.f6b288ccd87a64b716ff2eeabdf9a648.png

• Haha 3

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

Blob = Overtime

;)

Don't ask me why but it's been called that since I started working and obviously goes back way before that everywhere I've worked, I assume it's a Tyneside/NE thing? I also assume it's a manufacturing thing as there's no 'stopping back' to finish something like in an office culture, it's cold hard cash and it's a set time, guaranteed, no skinchies, pay up even if you change your mind if it's less than a day's notice. Holidays and blob, the most common origins of strife on the shop floor, bar none. :lol:

What's skinchies? 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Mackems being mackems again. So this post begs three questions to me. First, why do they have to invent these ridiclous words all the time. "Moyeslegation" ffs, did this sill twat think this was some clever play on words or something. Secondly, why do they hate Motes so much? I mean, he was just another appointment who couldn't fix the terminal decline of the club. Is it purely because he just said it how he saw it when he arrived there? He was right. And thidly, the bit I've highlighted, what kind of insane delusion is this? :lol:

Yup, he had the temerity to suggest that a shit team full of shit players might not have enough to survive. The rascal.

12 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Blob = Overtime

;)

Ta.  that does ring a very small bell in the corner of my addled mind, I worked in a north east factory long before I became a fully-fledged southern ponce.  

• Haha 2

So, when someone says their wife is on the blob, they mean they're doing overtime at Tescos? No wonder it puts them in a bad mood. Cheers. 👍

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Renton said:

:lol: saw a post on there the other day saying they should’ve appointed Dyche instead of Advocaat, who was also seen as a possible appointment back then. As they might still be in the PL now. As if there’s no other variables involved and there weren’t bigger issues at the club than the manager. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

:lol: saw a post on there the other day saying they should’ve appointed Dyche instead of Advocaat, who was also seen as a possible appointment back then. As they might still be in the PL now. As if there’s no other variables involved and there weren’t bigger issues at the club than the manager. 

Didn’t they absolutely love Advocaat as well? :lol: 

• Haha 3