Newcastle & European Qualification

loonyTOON

The fact that you think you've got one over on me here is further evidence of your mental decline. Go and have a rest.

answer my questions if I'm so wrong, shitforbrains.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny when you get the admin have a word with him as if they think it's going to do any good, he just does not know any other way of behaving on a forum and he's been like this for the best part of 10 years.

I'll give it 2 weeks before he's in the creche again.

I've made constructive comments Baggy lad, some are directed at and are responses to you, why not comment on them ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Was driving along contemplating the run and wondered.....

Does the team get any advantage from playing in the black and White stripes?

What percentage of the season do we play in them?

Ie Can the players pick each other out slightly more quickly if they look up and see the black and White rather than orange or blue etc

If so, should we not see out the season in them. Is there a requirement to wear an alternative so many times or is it just when strips clash?

Interesting point there is research on it somewhere that wearing the alternate kit (diff colours etc) has a psychological effect when picking out your own players. It's another tiny advantage home teams get as well as being in front of their own crowd and so on...Think they found bold bright colours are better for team sports.

Ie Can the players pick each other out slightly more quickly if they look up and see the black and White rather than orange or blue etc

If so, should we not see out the season in them. Is there a requirement to wear an alternative so many times or is it just when strips clash?

Interesting point there is research on it somewhere that wearing the alternate kit (diff colours etc) has a psychological effect when picking out your own players. It's another tiny advantage home teams get as well as being in front of their own crowd and so on...Think they found bold bright colours are better for team sports.

read the link I've posted mate. It explains all of this.

Read ages ago a study that looked into the correlation between the success of Manchester United & Liverpool and the fact that they both play in red. You can factor in Arsenal as well too.

Not sure about black & white stripes but you have teams like Juventus who are used to success.

I'd say keep the orange kit - it's so hideous that the opposition won't know what hit 'em. Like playing 11 goalies. :D

Juventus bought and paid for refs for about a decade as well. ;)

The fact that you think you've got one over on me here is further evidence of your mental decline. Go and have a rest.

You haven't asked me a question, quadraspaz.

You haven't asked me a question, quadraspaz.

asked you about 3 times now.

Trying to be constructive here like............stop dragging the forum down with juvenile remarks.

Also, that link is a genuine piece of research.

Edited by LeazesMag

It's funny when you get the admin have a word with him as if they think it's going to do any good, he just does not know any other way of behaving on a forum and he's been like this for the best part of 10 years.

i'm embarrassed for him. i don't know how can he show his face after that flounce. clearly no one's interested in anything he has to say anymore. ignoring him is the only way. hopefully he'll then get bored and fuck off for good next time. the problem is too many bite. shame really, as this place improved tenfold for those couple of week when he did keep his word and leave us alone. sad that he couldn't resist coming back to continue the torture.

Read ages ago a study that looked into the correlation between the success of Manchester United & Liverpool and the fact that they both play in red. You can factor in Arsenal as well too.

Not sure about black & white stripes but you have teams like Juventus who are used to success.

I'd say keep the orange kit - it's so hideous that the opposition won't know what hit 'em. Like playing 11 goalies. :D

Juventus bought and paid for refs for about a decade as well. ;)

Carroll money?

What are the potential repercussions if chelsea win the champions league?

Without reading the thread properly, I think they have to play in red next season...

• 2 weeks later...

He's not in there yet but he's going into overdrive with his usual repetitive offerings in the majority of threads on here.

As I said he knows no other way of behaving and he just can't help himself.

NEWCASTLE United’s US-based fans are set to miss out on seeing their heroes in action this summer across the pond.

As the Chronicle reported on March 7, United’s success in the Premier League this season resulted in an increase of offers from abroad to play pre-season friendlies.

But the push for Europe has made it difficult for Newcastle to plan too far ahead not knowing whether they will be involved in either the Europa League or Champions League – and this looks to have ruled out a trip to the States.

Toon boss Alan Pardew has always been keen to make sure Newcastle’s preparations for the 2012/13 campaign is exactly right from a footballing point of view.

Newcastle are still unsure of which – if any – European competition they will be in next season, and this will be factored into their pre-season plans with play-off dates in both the Europa League and the Champions League, meaning that a trip to the US in late July appears to have been deemed unsuitable.

Major League Soccer sources confirmed to the Chronicle today that Newcastle were lined up to play in the MLS All Stars game in Philadelphia on July 25 at PPL Park as well as having the option to take on other East Coast opposition.

With Europe also in mind, Newcastle were keen to look at other opposition to get warmed up for the new campaign with the Premier League kicking off on August 18.

United may face play-off dates on August 21 or 22 and then August 28 or 29 in the Champions League, with the Europa League play-offs taking place later in the same weeks.

Read More

Unlucky Zathras and JTM (I think)

European games against German sides please. :)

best trip last time the champions league came round for me was Bayer Leverkusen, what a fuckin piss up....Frankfurt last time in the UEFA was pretty damn good too. The majority of the locals were spot on, especially in Leverkusen/Cologne. I'd definetly be up for more Teutonic action :)

whats the dream EL group?...the worst group I've ever seen was Stoke's last season.....Israel, Ukraine and Turkey. All a minimum of a 4 hour hour flight away. They struck lucky with Valencia after they got through all that. Got to be pleased to come out of the hat with any club from Holland,France,Germany,Belgium etc...went to Riga when we played Ventspils, that was canny too....been to Italy 4 or 5 times, all good experiances but thay don't have any real pubs/bars, even in the city centres. I would imagine getting club from a "strong" European league is likely as I dont think our co efficient is good enough for us to be seeded.

NEWCASTLE United’s US-based fans are set to miss out on seeing their heroes in action this summer across the pond.

As the Chronicle reported on March 7, United’s success in the Premier League this season resulted in an increase of offers from abroad to play pre-season friendlies.

But the push for Europe has made it difficult for Newcastle to plan too far ahead not knowing whether they will be involved in either the Europa League or Champions League – and this looks to have ruled out a trip to the States.

Toon boss Alan Pardew has always been keen to make sure Newcastle’s preparations for the 2012/13 campaign is exactly right from a footballing point of view.

Newcastle are still unsure of which – if any – European competition they will be in next season, and this will be factored into their pre-season plans with play-off dates in both the Europa League and the Champions League, meaning that a trip to the US in late July appears to have been deemed unsuitable.

Major League Soccer sources confirmed to the Chronicle today that Newcastle were lined up to play in the MLS All Stars game in Philadelphia on July 25 at PPL Park as well as having the option to take on other East Coast opposition.

With Europe also in mind, Newcastle were keen to look at other opposition to get warmed up for the new campaign with the Premier League kicking off on August 18.

United may face play-off dates on August 21 or 22 and then August 28 or 29 in the Champions League, with the Europa League play-offs taking place later in the same weeks.

Read More

Unlucky Zathras and JTM (I think)

what happened to "across the pond" ?

Shit, miss out on third.

;)

I'm blaming a burst of endorphins for this optimism, peddling like buggery to get back home before the heavens opened. Actually did a fist clench that I made it :lol: