Places to go out round newcastle?

ToonMarshy

Alright guys and gals, just wondering if I could grab a little bit of advice!

Back when I was a kid we would regularly visit my parents families up in Newcastle whenever my dad was between deployments in the forces - and spent quite an amount of time there.

However I have never been up 'of age' for anything other than a trip to st james' and then a trip home - and this weekend i'm dragging my mrs up for her first football match, and my dipper mate to watch us thrash his racist heroes for his birthday.

She fancied going up the saturday night to see what the night-life was like and booked us all into this hotel :- http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=41912&variant=uk&client_account2=1000008490&cid=ENC_PS&force_nostay=true&iataNumber=00027720&brandInfo=RA

Is there anywhere you can recommend we should go and see? not even necessarily drink related - But on the drink note, where are the best haunts for a night out? and to drink pre game?

Cheers in advance! x

What contraband do you take back out of interest ? I guess the stottie being one ? Greggs wanna sort their racist slant out like . Never going to get anywhere as a business otherwise .

Aye, mainly stotties and Corned beef pasties. Was astounded when i realised that nowhere else that has a greggs stocks them!

What contraband do you take back out of interest ? I guess the stottie being one ? Greggs wanna sort their racist slant out like . Never going to get anywhere as a business otherwise .

Nobody likes a racist slant.

Well as an example, I breezed into a Greggs in Leeds a couple of years back and was surprised that the stottie hadn't made it's way that far 'south'

No great shock there mind, those backward fuckers call buns " Barms".

Re. OP, pre-match, most of the Haymarket bars will do the trick- The Percy is my choice.

Post match- stay away from the Bigg Market, almost opposite your hotel ( ie on the proper side of the Tyne) is the Ouseburn, where all the groovy fuckers go ;)

this is a bit late in the day, but don't go to Baby Lynch or anywhere on the cocaine strip. I went there for a friend of the lass' birthday last night. Think I'm about 80 quid down and 80% up on my hatred for the 'Anthony Hutton' types.

this is a bit late in the day, but don't go to Baby Lynch or anywhere on the cocaine strip. I went there for a friend of the lass' birthday last night. Think I'm about 80 quid down and 80% up on my hatred for the 'Anthony Hutton' types.

What does a bottle of beer cost round there these days ? Has it topped 5 sovs yet ?

What does a bottle of beer cost round there these days ? Has it topped 5 sovs yet ?

Not over the fiver mark but the spirits can get stupid. Topped to the fucking brim with ice as well. Wank bars for bell ends.

Haven't been round that way since early days of the Apartment and used to hate it . Apartment used to have some kind of tribute to that twat SHOVEL out of M People on their daft little stage in the middle who would accompany the 'grooves' on a set of fuckin bongos or summat .

Pack it in man .

Haven't been round that way since early days of the Apartment and used to hate it . Apartment used to have some kind of tribute to that twat SHOVEL out of M People on their daft little stage in the middle who would accompany the 'grooves' on a set of fuckin bongos or summat .

Pack it in man .

:lol: love when shitey trendy bars try to do things to set themselves apart. In Koo's case, it's looking like a hong kong brothel. Fittingly, it's full of right japs eyes

Pack it in man .

I'll bet you were there, in your black turtle neck and shades, digging the crazy beats, you hepcat :smoke-1:

Pack it in man .

:lol: love when shitey trendy bars try to do things to set themselves apart. In Koo's case, it's looking like a hong kong brothel. Fittingly, it's full of right japs eyes

:lol:

Edited by Monkeys Fist