On the back of all the emotion shown

bobbyshinton

I really don't think we need to worry.

Why on earth would we have a minutes silence for her!?

Not because its her, just because its a ex prime minister with absolutely NO affiliation to us in any way. It just wouldn't happen.

It might if she gets a state funeral.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thatcher cost many people their jobs, and she was no fan of football but.....

I'm not trying to be antagonistic in any, can someone tell me if coal mining, steel works, and other related industries were going to be sustainable long term, or was the only option a service based economy? What would YOU have done differently to THATCHER?

Other countries took a longer view - including of course the Germans but also the Scandanvian countries.

Of course 30 years on I can see that a lot of those industries aren't viable but the big mistake was to kill them stone dead with no plan for an alternative. There are two views (well probably more) - one that it was a deliberate move to destroy union power - now possibly there was too much but again I would have favoured reform over a longer period. Another view was that she needed mass unemployment to drive down wages and control the money supply - of course this has now been taken up across other parts of the world and persists today. The argument then goes where better to take so much unemployment than areas that never vote for you - sound familiar?

I can see with the benefit of hindsight that reform of manufacturing was necessary. However as I said other countries adapted, retrained and modernised whereas the Tories had the attitude of "the private sector will prevail" - I think the North East naturally turned to the public sector for security but have now been shit on again by the idealogy. The embrace of the service sector (of course Blair/Brown were just as bad) has added to the problem.

Most of all the thing that got me at the time was the absolute relish she showed while destroying lives - backed up by the upper class cunts cheering her on whose sons are now in charge. It's tough that another generation have had to be shown what they are like but when the "opposition's" best plan is to be just slightly less bastard like I see no hope.

Absolutely spot on. Ever seen the likes of Mckenzie wanking on about destroying the miners, anyone on the dole being labelled as scroungers by Luton's chairman and Tory MP. Tebbit sneering for the unemployed to 'get on their bikes' and look for a job, so basically make towns and cities ghost towns. Selling off all the countries assets for a quick buck to the private sector for less than their real worth and fobbing people with cheap shares to have a holiday with as national assets were stripped for short term gain.

Don't get me wrong, they're all slippery bastards but her party and her era, there was no pretence, they despised the likes of Tyneside and Merseyside, she single handedly paid fortunes out to the police, money was no object, moved the Met up the country and beat the shit out of the strikers.

She fucking relished the Argentinians invading the Falklands, there's evidence the government knew the Argentinians were planning something but she rode to election success on the back of the conflict, bit of a cheek when you consider how close Britain was to losing it due to the enormous cuts her party had made to the forces. Her and Tebbitt were evil. The likes of what I would consider to be NUFC's core support meant fuck all to her and unemployment was 'a price worth paying'.

Fuck her.

I think any minute's silence would be broken by CT's loud sobs and the occasional wail of "Whhhyyyyyyyyy?"

Much better would be large pinata of Mrs T, which could be brought on the pitch and smashed to pieces by ex-coal miners with picks and shovels to the cheers of the crowd. Fans attending on the day could be given souvenir toilet paper with pictures of Mrs T on each sheet, so there's a place for her in the smallest room, as well as in each of their hearts.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic in any, can someone tell me if coal mining, steel works, and other related industries were going to be sustainable long term, or was the only option a service based economy? What would YOU have done differently to THATCHER?

Been a member of this site for a while but not posted yet, I just couldn't help getting involved in this one.

Part of the reason we are in so much trouble now is our move from a manufacturing and industry based economy into a service based economy back in the 80s. If you look at the countries that have coped best with the financial crisis such as Germany it is because they have such a well developed manufacturing industry (two thirds of German workers have jobs in the steel industry). Thatcher could have modernised our manufacturing and industry sectors instead of destroying them along with thousands of lives.

good first post

Been a member of this site for a while but not posted yet, I just couldn't help getting involved in this one.

Part of the reason we are in so much trouble now is our move from a manufacturing and industry based economy into a service based economy back in the 80s. If you look at the countries that have coped best with the financial crisis such as Germany it is because they have such a well developed manufacturing industry (two thirds of German workers have jobs in the steel industry). Thatcher could have modernised our manufacturing and industry sectors instead of destroying them along with thousands of lives.

good first post

Thanks

I think any minute's silence would be broken by CT's loud sobs and the occasional wail of "Whhhyyyyyyyyy?"

Much better would be large pinata of Mrs T, which could be brought on the pitch and smashed to pieces by ex-coal miners with picks and shovels to the cheers of the crowd. Fans attending on the day could be given souvenir toilet paper with pictures of Mrs T on each sheet, so there's a place for her in the smallest room, as well as in each of their hearts.

:lol:

What that bitch did was out of revenge and spite .

She was part of the Heath goverment that the miners had brought down (she was stealing the school-kids milk at the time for any that dont know)

She was determined to :-

A. Make sure that the miners couldnt do that to her government

B. Get her revenge for Ted

Tbh, even if I saw Thatcher now in the park, old demented woman that she is, I'd still poke her eyes out. She destroyed my dream of being a miner. My one ambition from the age of about 3 was to work down a mine, there was just something about the glamour of that lifestyle that appealed to me intensely. I had all the skills and qualifications needed to acheive that dream, everything was in place, that is until Thatcher fucked it. Now the closest I can get to working down a mine is to burrow my way under my neighbour's fence and steal his gnomes.

You get a minute's applause so they could suggest a minute's boo for northern teams. It'd be a fitting send off.

A minutes laughing and cheering would suit me :)

bonfire with an effigy on would be preferable, remember remember the bitch in the embers the cow with a dastardly plot, destroying the north whilst setting forth to create a nice southern trough , to say the industries she decimated were unsustainable is fuckin stupid btw. If she gets a minute anything al be going for a shit

Tbh, even if I saw Thatcher now in the park, old demented woman that she is, I'd still poke her eyes out. She destroyed my dream of being a miner. My one ambition from the age of about 3 was to work down a mine, there was just something about the glamour of that lifestyle that appealed to me intensely. I had all the skills and qualifications needed to acheive that dream, everything was in place, that is until Thatcher fucked it. Now the closest I can get to working down a mine is to burrow my way under my neighbour's fence and steal his gnomes.

Time to crack out the Billy Bragg collection......

She fucking relished the Argentinians invading the Falklands, there's evidence the government knew the Argentinians were planning something but she rode to election success on the back of the conflict, bit of a cheek when you consider how close Britain was to losing it due to the enormous cuts her party had made to the forces. Her and Tebbitt were evil.

Who would you say is more evil out of Thatcher and Alfredo Astiz?

It's wierd that someone made this thread, I have almost a sense of deja vu about the whole affair. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw a young African man suffer a cardiac arrest was, "When's that fucker Thatcher going to die? She's taking ages."

It's wierd that someone made this thread, I have almost a sense of deja vu about the whole affair. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw a young African man suffer a cardiac arrest was, "When's that fucker Thatcher going to die? She's taking ages."

it was the fact that people were getting done for not feeling the same sorrow for one person having a heart attack, people who have never heard or seeen him before. Since then I bet there are thousands of people had similar things happen in Newcastle alone so why fuck on about him.

Just another one although she is hated up here what happens if it is when we are playing chelsea away? They would have one for her I would still try to disrupt it.

Except from 'History of Football in the 21st Century'

"In the 2022/23 season, the minutes applause became ubiquitous after the FA came under increasing pressure from the British Heart Foundation, Cancer UK and the Actor's Guild to do more to show more respect for people outside football. With each club suffering losses of both minor and important players from their history every month, the minutes applause preceded the majority of games in the English Premier league. With 'perceived slights on twitter' and 'gross online misconduct' dominating the public policy debate, the FA reacted defensively to criticism that football only celebrated the lives of footballers and not the normal lives of 1000s suffering from diseases. It was therefore decided that a generic minutes applause would be introduced before all games to celebrate the lives of everyone both dead and alive in the local community. The policy was considered a total success, garnering significant support from the government as 'perceived slights on twitter' were down by 43%."

I think I've said before the one tiny chink of light in my extremely dark hatred of the mackems is that thing where once a year they take time at a game to remember the fans who've died in the year. At least that's sort of personal rather than being asked to care about someone you either have no connection with or even dislike.

:D

The Miners were well paid as were the Shipyard workers. I've seen a couple of ex-workmates working in Morrison's and ASDA. They'll be on at least half the annual salary they were getting when I worked with them a few years ago at another well known Tyneside employer that is no longer there, (Tyne Brewery). Maybe the Miners and the rest of the poor fuckers losing their jobs in the manufacturing industry knew what jobs were left were at a minimum wage level or below as the minimum wage didn't exist then. Not everyone is cut out or indeed wanted to go to 'Uni' or get on their bikes and leave their hometown.

:lol: :lol:

State funeral or not, they shouldn't do this for any politician, you know nearly half the crowd are probably gonna hate them, especially a figure as divisive as Thatcher. Not being around for Thatcher I presume it's just a more intensive version of what my generation thinks of Blair

State funeral or not, they shouldn't do this for any politician, you know nearly half the crowd are probably gonna hate them, especially a figure as divisive as Thatcher. Not being around for Thatcher I presume it's just a more intensive version of what my generation thinks of Blair

It's very much worse than Blair.

How old are you clee?