On the back of all the emotion shown

bobbyshinton

With the Bolton kid collapsing, people getting nicked for saying things etc.

When Margaret thatcher pegs it and if the club has a minutes appluase or silence will people be offended if others cheer, boo and shout obcenities.

Personally when that cow dies and if the club decide to honour her in anyway I will do my best to spoil it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of the north is still suffering to be honest so I doubt she'll get away without any abuse from the terraces, I'd be surprised if they dare try.

Dont go in till whatever they do is over, not good PR to disrespect the dead,whoever they are. I take your point though, she was a fuckin cow. I actually think in some ways the present lot are worse though. The cuts are far beyond what she attempted. The diffeence is they haven't got a manufacuring side to the publlic sector to destroy anymore. Miners and Steel workers make more noise than lollipop ladies and office admins.

I'm quite worried about the recent free speech cases - the latest being Celtic - I think fining them for the pro-IRA stuff is probably right but following that up with a fine for having a banner with "Fuck UEFA" (even if was related) is wrong.

On Thatcher I think the passing of time has probably reduced the chances of a silence anyway but I think that someone would have the sense to not try it in the north.

Despite what I think of her I wouldn't "actively" disrupt a silence - but I would do what I did during the ones for the queen mother and princess margaret - I'd sit down.

I can't imagine any football ground in the north would give her much of a warm send of.

I'd be surprised if any were daft enough to push it tbh it'd be a massive PR nightmare for all involved.

black armbands on the team, nothing else don't let the crowd get involved or you're just asking for a problem

I'm quite worried about the recent free speech cases - the latest being Celtic - I think fining them for the pro-IRA stuff is probably right but following that up with a fine for having a banner with "Fuck UEFA" (even if was related) is wrong.

On Thatcher I think the passing of time has probably reduced the chances of a silence anyway but I think that someone would have the sense to not try it in the north.

Despite what I think of her I wouldn't "actively" disrupt a silence - but I would do what I did during the ones for the queen mother and princess margaret - I'd sit down.

The Southampton fans had a good sing during one of them, can't remeber which, Robert scored a cracker & we won 3-1 though.

bear in mind Maggy thatcher helped the likes of my parents who were on the bread line and absolutely fucked till she raised the salaries of everyone in the Armed forces

Also bear in mind that she shut down the mines and decimated every pit village in the region.

bear in mind Maggy thatcher helped the likes of my parents who were on the bread line and absolutely fucked till she raised the salaries of everyone in the Armed forces

Also bear in mind that she shut down the mines and decimated every pit village in the region.

South Tyneside was always top of the mainland charts for unemployment thanks to one of her early almost un-noticed contributions - destroying the ship repair business.

On the armed forces she may have raised salaries but given that the Falklands happened at what is regarded as a "just in time" moment to stop her cuts rendering the Navy unable to fight such a campaign, I assume the extra money came from those chucked out.

My Dad left the armed forces before Maggie came to power so just had to settle for two years out of work and being called a 'moaning minnie' as her legacy to him and his young family.

My Dad left the armed forces before Maggie came to power so just had to settle for two years out of work and being called a 'moaning minnie' as her legacy to him and his young family.

lots of families left the armed forces before she came to power, most families simply couldn't afford to live, raising salaries for the armed forces was about the 1 good thing she did, oh that and the european veto

she may have increased pay but she did go to war for fuck all. Any how I would disrupt a minutes silence. As for the Celtic fans I fucking hate the bigottted bastards but Ido believe they have the right to air their opinions.

When will it get to you cannot shout at the Mackems etc. Muamba if you really want him to die (sick bastards) why can't you say that who is to judge?

On the celtic thing they got fined for letting flares off but every fucking foreign team has them in the crowd.

Thatcher cost many people their jobs, and she was no fan of football but.....

I'm not trying to be antagonistic in any, can someone tell me if coal mining, steel works, and other related industries were going to be sustainable long term, or was the only option a service based economy? What would YOU have done differently to THATCHER?

I'm no expert on Thatcher or what she did to Northern industry but I agree that something had to be done. The problem I believe was the speed with which she decimated industry and the lack of effort in providing alternatives to those who lost their jobs (bar moving somewhere were there were jobs).

I'm not trying to be antagonistic in any, can someone tell me if coal mining, steel works, and other related industries were going to be sustainable long term, or was the only option a service based economy? What would YOU have done differently to THATCHER?

Been a member of this site for a while but not posted yet, I just couldn't help getting involved in this one.

Part of the reason we are in so much trouble now is our move from a manufacturing and industry based economy into a service based economy back in the 80s. If you look at the countries that have coped best with the financial crisis such as Germany it is because they have such a well developed manufacturing industry (two thirds of German workers have jobs in the steel industry). Thatcher could have modernised our manufacturing and industry sectors instead of destroying them along with thousands of lives.

Edited by TheTaffer

Other countries took a longer view - including of course the Germans but also the Scandanvian countries.

Of course 30 years on I can see that a lot of those industries aren't viable but the big mistake was to kill them stone dead with no plan for an alternative. There are two views (well probably more) - one that it was a deliberate move to destroy union power - now possibly there was too much but again I would have favoured reform over a longer period. Another view was that she needed mass unemployment to drive down wages and control the money supply - of course this has now been taken up across other parts of the world and persists today. The argument then goes where better to take so much unemployment than areas that never vote for you - sound familiar?

I can see with the benefit of hindsight that reform of manufacturing was necessary. However as I said other countries adapted, retrained and modernised whereas the Tories had the attitude of "the private sector will prevail" - I think the North East naturally turned to the public sector for security but have now been shit on again by the idealogy. The embrace of the service sector (of course Blair/Brown were just as bad) has added to the problem.

Most of all the thing that got me at the time was the absolute relish she showed while destroying lives - backed up by the upper class cunts cheering her on whose sons are now in charge. It's tough that another generation have had to be shown what they are like but when the "opposition's" best plan is to be just slightly less bastard like I see no hope.