Luque again

LeazesMag

I have no doubt that a better manager would get more from him, just a disgrace that a clueless cunt is at the helm

72735[/snapback]

I think you've stumbled on about 75% of the problem. the other 25% I'd simply put down to lack of service - something Owen was also suffering yesterday in the first half.

You can't expect any striker to do the business if the service from the midfield is absolute shite. Some of them simply don't look interested.

Nobody could say for sure, but if you stuck him in a decent team (Chelsea, Liverpool, etc.), he could well be prolific.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone on newcastle-online has said that he's definitely on his way out and theres a post about it on the admin board but for some reason he's reluctant to post it on the main forum. I'd be interested to see what it says if ..ermm anyone still has access to it

someone on newcastle-online has said that he's definitely on his way out and theres a post about it on the admin board but for some reason he's reluctant to post it on the main forum. I'd be interested to see what it says if ..ermm anyone still has access to it

72831[/snapback]

Isn't the admin forum more or less the main forum at N-O. :rolleyes:;)

72831[/snapback]

I would imagine that that's basically the whole rumour but that it's coming from a reliable source.

I think its more to do with a *shock* fall out with Souness

72844[/snapback]

That bit would be speculation, apparently.

72845[/snapback]

While we are at it...

This is from today's Guardian:

But seasoned professionals such as Parker, Given and Alan Shearer will not have been impressed by Luque's attitude in north London. Souness, who sets great store by recruiting only "proper" characters and who recently described the Newcastle dressing room he had inherited from Robson as "stinking", cannot be impressed either.

But there are rumours of Souness having falling-outs with other players of late. If those rumours have any foundation they may have serious repercussions for him. Confrontations were a feature of his time at Rangers and in his last job at Blackburn, and Newcastle fans will have noted on Saturday that, with the aid of a goal by Craig Bellamy, Blackburn moved above Newcastle.

surprise, surprise.

Some us said, when the going got tough, our esteemed managers answer would be to fall out with more players and blame everyone else.

true to form, unless you took note of my sig [from a "no nothing "tabloid" - dear me] ...

ooh, it appears the Guardian are in the secret super spy club too, someone should tell the ringleader...

72849[/snapback]

Looking at Leazesmag's other story I recommend to mail to Alan.Oliver@ncjmedia.co.uk

;)

whats the verdict yesterday, from his apologists.

Shit, no interest, no bottle ....

replacement for Bellamy, or even Robert, my arse.

72669[/snapback]

Sounds like an ideal replacement for Robert tbh. ;)

72744[/snapback]

*chomp*

72753[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

I'm only having a laugh man, you two are so easy to wind up.

72762[/snapback]

The plight of the club obviously means more to me than it does to you.

Cheers

maybe some fans should have a read of this before rushing Luque out of the toon...

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcviews/stupid.shtml

lets face it everything is true.

i cant believe a player who has started only four games and cost us much is being rumoured to be out already. I want Souey out as much as the rest but i dont believe he's that stupid to panic buy Luque (yes yes i do realise how much we paid for Boum). The problem is he doesn't know where to play his own signings... the master tacticion that he is.

Edited by Emre

maybe some fans should have a read of this before rushing Luque out of the toon...

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcviews/stupid.shtml

lets face it everything is true.

i cant believe a player who has started only four games and cost us much is being rumoured to be out already. I want Souey out as much as the rest but i dont believe he's that stupid to panic buy Luque (yes yes i do realise how much we paid for Boum). The problem is he doesn't know where to play his own signings... the master tacticion that he is.

72864[/snapback]

I have to agree, it's a a good read and every single point made in that article is true.

Isn't it ironic that fans are screaming for flair, for Newcastle to play some football, yet when Luque - that very footballer, signed to do just that - enters the pitch, they scream for him to tackle, for him to run his balls into the ground for the shirt.

Fuck the shirt, Scott Parker grafts his balls off for the shirt yet I'm sure he's as pissed off as any right now. Do you honestly think players want to go into a match for a fight? To get kicked, to get dorty? Of course they don't. Parker does all that because he's an honest lad and all credit to him, but I bet he hates fucking doing it.

I know I would, but that's what is being asked of our players because of the mindless team selection and tactics we take on to the pitch. For Luque, read half the squad. Most of them can't be arsed, man! Fans can't either, apathy and acceptance of our fate has reached every corner it would seem.

If Luque is peddled in the January window it will be a travesty for this club and will set an ugly precedent that will see to it that no footballer worth their salt would want to touch us with a barge pole in the future. I don't know about you but a team full of Lee Clark's does not appeal to me...

[snip]

It's time we took stock of what type of club we want to be, an insular, myopic Geordie-centric local club for local people and local players or do we get off the fucking self pitty track, the "they're only here for the money" type attitude and get with the times. The hard done by, self wallowing, "aren't we unlucky", "why does the world hate us" attitude does my fucking head in.

I know when I watch classy sides from Europe playing football and players like Luque banging in goals past Real Madrid with ease, that that is the level of football I want to see at the Old Gallowgate, the quality of footballer I want us to sign. Not a bunch of hard working no-hopers.

[snip]

In a Newcastle side that can't even string two passes together, with pissy moaning fans overreacting and whinging like fannies whenever a player frowns or fails to put a tackle in? Ronaldinho himself wouldn't stand a chance.

If Souness wants "grafters" then why the fuck did he buy Luque? And if Fans want grafters then don't fucking whinge when your team play like a pub team made up of brickies and labourers, or expect foreign talent schooled in football to get their hands dorty, as is the case today.

That's not their game nor will it ever be and it's certainly not football either. It's called shit and that's exactly what we are knee-deep in under Souness and always will be if we give up on genuine footballers like Luque.

Absolutely spot on.

Edited by Bombadil

Pulitzer prize winning stuff tbh.

I agree with what he's saying, I've seen enough of Luque today to want to see what he can do before summer, certainly hasn't proved anything yet.

Pulitzer prize winning stuff tbh.

I agree with what he's saying, I've seen enough of Luque today to want to see what he can do before summer, certainly hasn't proved anything yet.

72894[/snapback]

I agree, he looked better today, maybe get the Zog on the left instead of Ameobi, Babayaro instead of Elliot and another striker in the transfer window and we'll get by.

Anelka, or Larsson on loan or both would sound good.

Luque looked much more lively today - hopefully he's finally finding some form. He was unlucky not to score.

72957[/snapback]

Glad to hear it.

He looked like a bloke playing in a position he's comfortable with today.  He certainly looked a lot better than he has recently which I'm hugely relieved about.

72991[/snapback]

I thought Luque's running was good but he bottled some chances that he could have got a goal out of if he had got his foot in.

And he needs to practice corners. Hitting the first man should not happen to professionals full stop.

He looked like a bloke playing in a position he's comfortable with today.  He certainly looked a lot better than he has recently which I'm hugely relieved about.

72991[/snapback]

3 months without Owen is a huge pisser but if in the short term it means we can "salvage" Luque then it won't have been a complete disaster.

72991[/snapback]

I thought Luque's running was good but he bottled some chances that he could have got a goal out of if he had got his foot in.

And he needs to practice corners. Hitting the first man should not happen to professionals full stop.

72994[/snapback]

His corners were awful. I think we can forget him putting his foot in for any dodgy challenges though - he just doesn't look the type.

72991[/snapback]

3 months without Owen is a huge pisser but if in the short term it means we can "salvage" Luque then it won't have been a complete disaster.

72995[/snapback]

Was just thinking that earlier. But for Owen's injury we'd have seen out the season with Luque on the left wing, looking a shambles, and come the close season everyone would want rid. Seeing him up front today, it was very clear where he's more comfortable, and although his runs didn't quite come off today, and he got caught offside a bit too much, it was nice to see someone at least making intelligent runs in the absence of Owen. The quick freekick that Solano took where Luque's chance hit the post was great apart from the finish (I did find myself wondering whether that would be one of those if-that-had-gone-in-he-could-have-had-a-great-career-for-us moments that we'll look back on in a few years time though).