Gone Fishing

The Fish

Swansea have impressed (and surprised) a lot of people in the Premier League. With all due respect, can you keep the players who've performed well if "bigger" clubs come calling? and if not who do you expect to lose?

Double Decker - Many of our established players have seen many, many team mates leave for 'bigger' clubs only to become bench warmers at best. If an established top 6 club (no disrespect but not Newcastle who are punching way above their weight at the moment) most would go.

Joe Allon's Dentist -

BrendanRodgersBarmyArmy - I don't expect to lose anyone, but at the same time i know that there is a chance we could lose our high profile players and our manager. Fingers crossed all will stay put.

Glass half full Jack All clubs will be open to good genuine offers for the best players. Ours are Vorm , Williams , Taylor , Joe Allen , Dyer , Scotty. And of course Mr Rodgers.

How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the previously unrecognised ability of the players?

Double Decker 50 - 50 our players play a style that has been established in Swansea for some years.

Joe Allon's Dentist We are a team on and off the pitch. This includes the players, management team and the people of the City and County of Swansea. We are playing the same way that we did last season - only now the penny has dropped with the more ignorant media types.

BrendanRodgersBarmyArmy - The players have been outstanding, as have the management. I think it would be unfair to give too much regonition to Rodgers for this season, but at the same time it would be unfair not to give him credit. It's a mix of both, but i guess before Rodgers time here i couldn't have dreamed of such a season so i think he's been the key to it all.

Glass half full Jack The management have progressed the football culture of this club and the players have been magnificent in response.

What's a realistic aim for Swansea next season?

Double Decker Stay in the league

Joe Allon's Dentist 10th - 12th Centre half, two full backs and another striker

BrendanRodgersBarmyArmy 17th.

Glass half full Jack Survival. Nothing else matters.

Where do Swansea need to strengthen to achieve this?

Double Decker Keep the squad including Gylfi, dominant centre back if Caulker goes back to Spurs, another lone forward who will get 12 - 15 goals.

Joe Allon's Dentist Centre half, two full backs and another striker

BrendanRodgersBarmyArmy - We don't need to strengthen as such, we just need to keep hold of what we've got. If we were to sign Sigurdsson permanantly it would help an awful lot. I guess we need better strength in depth and we need to replace Steven Caulker. Should we do this we should stay up next season no problem

Glass half full Jack Back up keeper , Central Defender , Full back cover , Buy Gylfi and another 10-15 goal a season striker.

Despite coming close for a few years Cardiff haven't quite made it, would you like to see them in the top flight?

Double Decker Who?

Joe Allon's Dentist It would be a miracle if that happened as they always 'Cardiff it' i.e. bottle it. The reputation of their fans do not deserve Premier League football.

BrendanRodgersBarmyArmy - No and yes. No as i don't have any sort of respect for Cardiff, and yes because it would be two easy wins.

Glass half full Jack NO.

What has been your biggest frustration this season (can be performances, players, opposition, media, fans, anything)?

Double Decker Not having a ground big enough for long service fans to be regular supporters.

Joe Allon's Dentist Apart from these endless questionnaires? ;-D, i would say the media suddenly waking up to the way we play (despite playing this way last season) and poor Brendan having to answer the same tedious questions from the national media plebs. The fans of away clubs have been a pleasure to host.

BrendanRodgersBarmyArmy - Opposition fans to be honest. Just a major let down, particularly my trip to Anfield. Away fans haven't been particularly good all season either, hope Newcastle raise the standards of away fans to the Liberty on Friday.

Glass half full Jack Over expectation of some of our fans who cannot take a defeat.

Which managers have impressed you this season?

Double Decker Brendan, Lambert, Pardew, Di Mateo, Fergusson.

Joe Allon's Dentist Martin O'Neill (genuinely)

BrendanRodgersBarmyArmy - Brendan of course, along with Paul Lambert, David Moyes and Alan Pardew.

Glass half full Jack Moyles . Done us twice !! Pardew in making Newcastle decent again.

Which Premier League Players have stood out?

DDouble Decker - Aguero Drogba

Joe Allon's Dentist Gareth Bale for being very good and Stephen Warnock for being very bad

BrendanRodgersBarmyArmy - Micah Richards. Gareth Bale. David Silva.

Glass half full Jack Kaboul , RVP .

Which are your danger men that we should be looking out for?

Double Decker Let you know some time after 4.45 on Friday

Joe Allon's Dentist Nathan Dyer and Gylfi Siggardson

BrendanRodgersBarmyArmy - Nathan Dyer. Unplayable on his day, he should be back in the starting line up and he's likely to be up against Jonas Guiterrez who looked your poorest player on Sunday. Gylfi Sigurdsson as well, in goalscoring form. Hasn't scored at home yet, but seeing as he's already scored 6 away from home one is bound to go in at home sooner by the end of the season.

Glass half full Jack All of them are capable.

Which Newcastle players are you worried about?

Double Decker Be serious - none of them.

Joe Allon's Dentist Alan Shearer and Warren Barton

BrendanRodgersBarmyArmy - Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba, Krul, Tiote, Cabaye. I'm glad Coloccini's missing.

Glass half full Jack All of them but your strikers are awesome.

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Swansea, one without).

Double Decker Swans v Spurs at home

& ... don't really watch anyone else unless they're playing us

Joe Allon's Dentist Swansea v Arsenal and Sunderland v Man City

BrendanRodgersBarmyArmy - Swansea City 1-0 Manchester City

Wales 4-1 Norway

Glass half full JackThe 1-1 against Spurs - magnificent game of football.

Cardiff 0 Hull 3 .. Really enjoyed that one !!

Which away fans have impressed you the most (not including Newcastle)?

Double Decker You haven't been here yet!

Not really sure any have; the likes of Forest, Leeds and Doncaster were all a level up on what we've experienced this season.

Joe Allon's Dentist Wigan for coming to the game in a minibus and Everton for being very loud.

BrendanRodgersBarmyArmy - Away fans at the Liberty? Spurs

Away fans in general? Swans

Glass half full Jack Norwich were good , sang all the way through but all the others are a sing when winning crowd and there ain't been too much of that !!

Bit shit this one, sorry Lads. More concerned with acting the billy big bollocks than anything else this lot.

Fucking hell, is that a real rant or just you fishing for a few, spot ons, good post comments?

I live here, I've travelled around the country, I speak as I find, and I'm sorry if my response to Luke has upset you so much. It's the truth. I wasn't aware I'd reacted to your 'accusations', everyone's entitled to an opinion. I didn't say that your proclamations were wrong at all, I said in reality I don't come across it. I'm sure you could go and find fans of those clubs who hate Liverpool and Scousers, I'm sure you could find loads of fans who hate Newcastle and Geordies, on the net, but so what? It's in real life that matters, and the real people I've come across are very different.

It's not an article. It's a thread of a visitors view of England with plenty of contributors from the UK and world, and no-one warning him about Scousers or the city, just ordinary people, with ordinary views.

As for your Kenny Dalglish views, they're yours, why would I agree with them? He's our manager and I hope he's still our manager next season. I have complete faith in him to turn it round, there's only been one manager in my life-time that I wanted gone before he was even appointed and that was Hodgson. 18 months is no time at all for a manager to get a team where he wants it to be.

Fucking hell, is that a real rant or just you fishing for a few, spot ons, good post comments?

I live here, I've travelled around the country, I speak as I find, and I'm sorry if my response to Luke has upset you so much. It's the truth. I wasn't aware I'd reacted to your 'accusations', everyone's entitled to an opinion. I didn't say that your proclamations were wrong at all, I said in reality I don't come across it. I'm sure you could go and find fans of those clubs who hate Liverpool and Scousers, I'm sure you could find loads of fans who hate Newcastle and Geordies, on the net, but so what? It's in real life that matters, and the real people I've come across are very different.

It's not an article. It's a thread of a visitors view of England with plenty of contributors from the UK and world, and no-one warning him about Scousers or the city, just ordinary people, with ordinary views.

As for your Kenny Dalglish views, they're yours, why would I agree with them? He's our manager and I hope he's still our manager next season. I have complete faith in him to turn it round, there's only been one manager in my life-time that I wanted gone before he was even appointed and that was Hodgson. 18 months is no time at all for a manager to get a team where he wants it to be.

It doesn't upset me you doyle, it's laughable.

I'm sure people do hate Geordies. We're accused of being thick, of being common and chavy, of being "the media favourites" and deluded and so on and so forth. I can't argue with the first two; I don't know enough about the state of education in Newcastle and the majority of people from our neck of the woods are working class. Not sure about chavy, but walking through Newcastle on certain days does make me shudder, so I wouldn't categorically deny that either. We do get a lot of tv-time and are called (by Sky) daft things like "everybody's second club" or "the entertainers", but the flip side to that media coverage is the perpetuated nonsense like "Geordies would rather lose 3-4 than win a dull 1-0", or "Geordies think they've a divine right to being top of the table". Which I'm sure, if you've read this message board or NO, is frankly bollocks; we don't think we're the nations second favourite and we've not entertained on the pitch for years (before this season).

It's the lack of self-awareness that gets people's backs up. Ask a stand-up, ask them which gigs they hate doing. I can tell you now; It's your average scouse gig, because they'll get heckled by a dickhead and when they retort they lose the crowd. The crowd would rather collectively act the cunt than hear a bad word said against their city, their football club or a scouser. The closed ranks reply to Suarez's behaviour is case in point. The entire football world knew Suarez is an awful little shit (and I swear any Ghanaian Liverpool fans would be calling him worse than mud up until the point he signed) then "he's one of us" and he's the victim. It's just mentally deficient behaviour. :nah:

Every where, every people, every club have their faults. Find me a Liverpool fan who'll admit this in public and I'll buy you a pint.

You mention Hodgson, he had more points from a squad that cost considerably less to put together, Liverpool fans didn't even give him a chance because they wanted the return of their messiah (given he'd already thrown his cap in the ring). :eyeroll:

I'm not asking you to bad mouth your club for my benefit, just acknowledge it's faults. I swear the only other fans that act on this way are the little brother clubs and only then to their local opposition. Man City to Man Utd, Spurs to Arsenal, mackems to us. Yet your lot do it with everyone; if a Yeovil town fan were to have a go at Dalglish's record in the league this year and mock his transfers, rather than act with humility you lot would point to your impressive Champions League trophies, you ask when the last time Yeovil mattered, you'd blame Comolli for the transfers. :lol:

I guess "Have some fucking humility and grace" is what I'm saying. :dunno:

As an aside, can one of the mods shift this tangent out of this thread, I'm sure there's plenty of people who don't want to read through this when they'd clicked on this thread.

I can't stand the disproportionate media coverage Liverpool get combined with the the disproportionate amount of their ex-players in the media. I can't stand their glory hunting fans from Wales and the South but most actual scousers I've met have been canny enough lads, whether they be reds or blues. To be fair to PF, a lot of know nothing, small time wankers like Villa and our southern friends were forever calling Geordies deluded and assorted shit like that. It's definitely a southern superiority complex thing and I want fuck all to do with it.

Register is a perfectly valid word there isn't it?

i thought register was used to indicate the choice of vocabulary & pitch to indicate the tone

No, Gene.

Which Newcastle players are you worried about?

Double Decker Be serious - none of them.

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Swansea, one without).

Double Decker

& ... don't really watch anyone else unless they're playing us

Says it all.

Register is a perfectly valid word there isn't it?

i thought register was used to indicate the choice of vocabulary & pitch to indicate the tone

No, Gene.

i think you're wrong; "register" would be the words used in a phone call & "pitch" the tone of your voice

i think you're wrong; "register" would be the words used in a phone call & "pitch" the tone of your voice

No again, Gene.

http://en.wikipedia..../Vocal_register

And ps let it go.

so "pitch" & "register" are synonyms?

apologies for my ignorance

I'm not really arsed about apologies tbh, as I'm not a particularly delicate flower. I'd rather you didn't send me any more pm's though if it's all the same to you?

If he doesn't stop, start clagging them up on here. Fair warning and all that.

Well suffice to say it involves his phone number, so I think we'll try and avoid any further meltdowns of that nature. :lol:

If he doesn't stop, start clagging them up on here. Fair warning and all that.

Well suffice to say it involves his phone number, so I think we'll try and avoid any further meltdowns of that nature. :lol:

you said you'd called me in 13 different posts last august, but didn't call me once.

however, i think i've forgiven you & the board has moved on.

you may still have an emotionally close relationship to one person on here i realise

You're a big hearted man to be able to get past this, Gene. Impressive.

no problem.

any toontastic posters who'd like to chat, i'll be in The Bodega immediately after the Bolton game.

hoping to mend some fences & build some bridges.

if you need my number PM me or Manc Mag or his close friend McFaul; they can give you the number they've been too scared to call.

Just save everyone the hassle and stick it in your fucking sig if you're that desperate to hear someone else's voice.

i think it's important that Manc Mag & McFaul realise the importance of their inaction

i forgive them both

Just5 having a browse through that swansea board now, seeing how the felt about the match, favourite post so far

Same as Everton really; only sung when they were winning.

now, correct me if Im wrong, but we were winning from the 5th minute yes?

MORE!

What a boring side Newcastle are, 11 men behind the ball with no sign of them wanting to do anything with the ball when they get it

irony deficiency

Edited by Semimental

You're a big hearted man to be able to get past this, Gene. Impressive.

no problem.

any toontastic posters who'd like to chat, i'll be in The Bodega immediately after the Bolton game.

hoping to mend some fences & build some bridges.

if you need my number PM me or Manc Mag or his close friend McFaul; they can give you the number they've been too scared to call.

Err…no. Don’t PM me for it thanks. :lol:

Gene if you’d not kept reacting to it I’d probably only have mentioned it the once, it was done to get a rise out of you. Theres a lesson in that there for you and about this place generally. Actually this thread title is quite apt in this respect. You're a 48 year old man at the end of the day. 8 months on…Jesus wept??!

Anyway take it easy, I've got no axe to grind and I'm not about to phone you up out of the blue for no reason just because you've sent your phone number. The notion itself is mildly ridiculous and indeed this was implicit in the original posts way back when.