Gone Fishing

The Fish

You're a big hearted man to be able to get past this, Gene. Impressive.

no problem.

any toontastic posters who'd like to chat, i'll be in The Bodega immediately after the Bolton game.

hoping to mend some fences & build some bridges.

if you need my number PM me or Manc Mag or his close friend McFaul; they can give you the number they've been too scared to call.

Err…no. Don’t PM me for it thanks. :lol:

Gene if you’d not kept reacting to it I’d probably only have mentioned it the once, it was done to get a rise out of you. Theres a lesson in that there for you and about this place generally. Actually this thread title is quite apt in this respect. You're a 48 year old man at the end of the day. 8 months on…Jesus wept??!

Anyway take it easy, I've got no axe to grind and I'm not about to phone you up out of the blue for no reason just because you've sent your phone number. The notion itself is mildly ridiculous and indeed this was implicit in the original posts way back when.

i'm 47

Right, need some Bolton specific questions for the folks at http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewforum.php?f=4 and http://www.boltonbanter.com/forum/view_forum.php?id=2.

Standard ones are as follows:

How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the players?

What's a realistic aim for Bolton next season?

Where do Bolton need to strengthen to achieve this?

What has been your biggest frustration this season (can be performances, players, opposition, media, fans, anything)?

Which managers have impressed you this season?

Which Premier League Players have stood out?

Which are your danger men that we should be looking out for?

Which Newcastle players are you worried about?

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Bolton, one without)

Which away fans have impressed you the most/least?

Edited by The Fish

Do you miss Gary Cahill? How has Tim Ream done so far?

How much have the injuries to Holden and Lee affected your season?

Do you think Adam Bogdan's fluorescent pink jersey goes well with his ginger hair?

Do you think Adam Bogdan's fluorescent pink jersey goes well with his ginger hair?

:lol:

Edited by Bonamental

Ask them why they went from looking a decent side last season (including that cup run) to a really mediocre one this time round.

Perhaps combine this fact with a question on how they consider Owen Coyle has faired since his arrival?

First thing I read from them is this

slagging off the manager you wankers unsettled then took from us only to be so narrowminded that you had him sacked within a season and you have the audacity to come to a bolton forum with a question like that get F$%k off

Quality fishing there, er, Fish.

I've collected the answers from the two sites (The Wanderer & Bolton Banter ) and thought about doing one each, but enough answers were duplicated that I've just lumped them into one. A lot more reasonable, funny and friendly than the Swansea lot. The answers are below and if any of the folks from those two forums are viewing, thanks for the replies and for the welcome.

While the football under Allardyce was derided as one dimensional long ball turgid shit, he never looked like he’d get you relegated. Do you miss the boring security the saggy faced oaf brought you?

Mrpiccollo:
slagging off the manager you wankers unsettled then took from us only to be so narrowminded that you had him sacked within a season and you have the audacity to come to a bolton forum with a question like that get F$%k off

Gail Platz:
I miss his interviews on MOTD but I don't miss his shitty football.

Harry Genshaw:
No. We had 2 or 3 years of good football in the early days. By the end it was as exactly as you describe it.

Sprout:
He only played one-dimensional football against the bigger teams; and those matches were all we ever got telly coverage. But ask yourself, how can a team with Jay-Jay Okocha and Youri Djorkaeff
ever
be one-dimensional? It's an impossibility. Do I miss him? A lot of the current problems still stem from the last few months of the Allardyce tenure when he lost interest.

Hoboh:
The "saggy faced oaf" happens to be a decent manager except in the eyes of "we are the real Baca" fools like you lot!

Annoyed Grunt:
Not particularly. Ream will get better the more time/games he gets.

m_taylor:
I think we miss his goals more than his defending as Ream seems to be a good buy.

Billy Bradshaw:
Don't think we've really missed Gary Cahill. I think our defence has been let down by our nidfield on many occasions.

Woody:
No, not really. Tim Ream is a very good player. If I have any prediction for the future of English football, we will continue to see American players coming over here and looking far superior to anything we can produce for the next decade or so. Dempsey and Holden are just the beginning.

xxxxxx:
Put it this way, we wouldn't be in relegation battle.

Gail Platz:
A hell of a lot. I think Mark Davies has deputised for Holden quite well but we've missed Lee so much. We've had to endure the pain of seeing nancy boy powder puff Chris Eagles played there, and Ryo has hardly set the world alight (even though some Bolton fans seem to think he's the next Pele)

Billy Bradshaw:
Massively. The two flair players in the team. Mark Davies, Petrov and Eagles are not of the same quality. Both Holden and Chungy could turn a game.

Hoboh:
A lot more so with our half wit manager not getting decent cover in for them

Gail Platz:
I preferred his orange top, he looked more like a wotsit.

Annoyed Grunt:
It's actually Cerise

Crazy Horse:
Yes. Yes I do.

Bobo the Clown:
Cerise. It's cerise. How many times .... ?... and, personally, I blame this or our poor season, our injury list, poor Fab's illness and our terrible home form. Moreover, for the continuing crisis in Syria and the boat-race fiasco.

How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the players?

m_taylor:
The players are to blame for me. Coyle hasn't helped at times but the players need to step up and be counted now.

TANGODANCER:
Shared responsibilities.

Sprout:
Mostly the players, most of who are championship-level at best. But it's the (wider) management team wo have put us into the position of having no other choice and Coyle has failed to consistently play to our (few) strengths.

Woody:
You mean why we're down in the bottom five? It's everything. Coyle's very naive but our players are also pretty damn shit. Playing the top five clubs in our opening six games set the tone as well. Start the season by getting spanked up and down the country for a solid month and you're in for a long ride.

Billy Bradshaw:
As always (good season or bad) it's a mixture of both. But I do think that the Bolton manager has always had to try and make the best of a bad job. We have nothing for transfers and probably pay much less in wages than many PL teams. Coyle has made his share of mistakes, but I think his hands are tied due to mediocre talent.

Crazy Horse:
Not the management team, just our stubborn manager.

What's a realistic aim for Bolton next season? Where do Bolton need to strengthen to achieve this?

mrpiccollo:
if we survive this year midtable with cup run would be nice (id settle for that)
Need to strengthen?
get cyl and holden back and playing and get a bit more solidity in cdm and lb

Hoboh:
Dream? mid table Prem, nightmare, mid table Chumpionship.
Need to strengthen?
New Gaffer

Sprout:
If
we stay up and
if
Holden and Lee are back and on form and
if
we can improve the defence then I'd like to say 13th/14th in the PL. But there's a lot of
ifs
there.
Need to strengthen?
Defence is crucial, and ideally a striker. We potentially have a midfield if they recover.

Woody:
Promotion? Championship solidarity? Get Stuart Holden to kick a ball? Win a trophy? Push for top half in the Premier League? I guess it depends what happens this season doesn't it.

Need to strengthen?
In every position.

What has been your biggest frustration this season (can be performances, players, opposition, media, fans, anything)?

Gail Platz:
Coyle's persistence in picking Darren Pratley and not putting Muamba in a 5-man midfield (obviously before the incident)

Woody:
Injuries. And, at times, Coyle. Oh and Darren f*cking Pratley.

Billy Bradshaw:
Throwing points away against teams we shouldn't. Not just throwing those points away, but gifting wins to meagre opposition.

TANGODANCER:
Hope killing us.

Which managers have impressed you this season?

mrpiccollo:
kenny dalgleish going from legend to hero to savior to villain in 1 season is amasing only a few managers could pull this off

le god:
Definitely Brendan Rodgers and David Moyes.. both fantastic managers who've got the best out of very little (take note Coyle)

Crazy Horse:
Yours has proven all the skeptics wrong. The bastard

m_taylor:
Paul Lambert at Norwich, average players all playing for each other.

Gail Platz:
Pardew - Got rid of the overpaid shit and every signing has been a huge success. Really envious of your side, Papiss Cisse looks a hell of a player.

Which Premier League Players have stood out?

Billy Bradshaw:
Quite a few, but I'd say that the number seems to dwindle every season. I think the PL is fairly mediocre outside the top 3 or 4.

Harry Grenshaw:
Vorm, Holt, Cabaye, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Sprout:
Van Persie and Torres for completely different reasons

le god:
Marouane Fellaini, he's an absolute demon.

Which are your danger men that we should be looking out for?

Woody:
Klasnic. But he'll only be on for the last 20 minutes when we're 5-0 down.

Billy Bradshaw:
For a minute, I thought you were taking the pish
:D
. If Petrov feels like playing, he can be a handful. Mark Davies can turn it on occasionally. Miyaichi is a future star for Arsenal. Kevin Davies is always a handful. I would start him in this game.

m_taylor:
Ryo Miyaichi if he is not burnt out

Annoyed Grunt:
Erm.....danger men...........hmmmmm, no, haven't got any.

Gail Platz:
Marcos Alonso is our biggest danger man, in that he's absolutely shocking and Ben Arfa is going to be creaming his pants playing on his wing.

Which Newcastle players are you worried about?

TANGODANCER:
All those that will start Monday.

Gail Platz:
As above, Ben Arfa is going to tear Alonso a new arsehole.

le god:
Obviously Ba and Cisse, but that said Shola Ameobi could bag 4 against us even though he'd be out of place at Radcliffe Borough.

Bdi:
Papiss Cisse, Hatem Ben Arfa and Demba BA. Cisse seem to be enjoying life at Newcastle and appears to be scoring for fun.

Billy Bradshaw:
Just the ones in the stripey shirts.

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Bolton, one without)

Woody:
There hasn't really been any for Bolton and I don't really watch much other football.

Jokers in White:
Bolton beating Liverpool 3-1, Man City beating Man Utd 6-0 at Old Trafford

Mar:
Getting revenge against Stoke 5-0 at the Reebok. United beating Arsenal 8-2 and losing to City 6-1. Okay thats three listed but WTF.

xxxxxx:
Our 5-0 win against Stoke. And Wigan away to Liverpool.

Which away fans have impressed you the most/least?

mrpiccollo:
most spurs, least stoke

xxxxxx:
All of them for their support for Muamba.

TANGODANCER:
Tottenham....Wolves.

Mar:
Blackburn for finally knowing what its like to be a Wanderer. Criticising Blackburn and chanting Bolton players names. Who'd've thunk it.

What do you predict the score to be?

mrpiccollo:
nufc 1 - 3 bwfc were shite we know it but were gonna stay up and we probably will beat you as its one of those against all odds things that often happens in football

le god:
Whats the record premier league score? 9-0, I'm actually worried that could go.

Gail Platz:
4-0 to you lot.

Hoboh:
4 or 5 nowt to the barcodes

bdi:
Always the eternal optimist, so hoping that Newcastle come out with a slight complacency, and that we can nick somethin from you. I did predict a Bolton Win, but would be more than happy with a Draw.

xxxxxx:
I would prefer us not to turn up give you the 3-0 win, because I honestly think we'll lose more than that, especially if he plays Pratley and Alonso next game.

Billy Bradshaw:
In our own prediction league, I went for 2-0 to you. Nothing I heard and saw yesterday has caused me to change that. The teams at the bottom seem to be springing surprises against the top 8, but we have never looked like doing it.

I like this feature - will have a proper read through the Bolton fans' posts tomorrow, would be interested to see where they think it's all gone wrong and how much exactly they attribute it to the two injuries. Swansea fans really did show themselves up as classless cunts though - gives me a different impression of them, thought they were all right when i went to the game there in the Championship

Stoke game is a ways off, in the mean time is there another team that we've already played twice that you want questioned?