Gone Fishing

The Fish

Our neighbours down the road are hailing Martin O'Neill as a messiah, the consensus on Tyneside is that it's a house built on shifting sands; as fans of a club he managed, what do you see for sunderland's future under O'Neill?

A busy window for you, what are your thoughts of the new recruits?

A few pundits are tipping you for the drop, is this fair?

Which Villa player do you predict will have a big season?

Which Villa player do you predict will have a disappointing season?

What's a realistic aim for Villa this season? Where have you strengthened to achieve this?

Who will win the Premier League this year and why?

How do you see the top 6 panning out? and why?

Which teams will be relegated and why?

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing?

Who will be your danger man/men against Newcastle?

Which Newcastle players are you worried about?

Finally, what do you reckon the score will be?

Put the Q's here

Edited by The Fish

• 3 weeks later...

I need more questions for Everton

Pienaar is back and seems to have immediately rediscovered his previous form; Is it that Everton are "his" club, or simply that you're employing the right tactics for him

How have the other new recruits settled, anyone standing out more than the others?

Man City snapped up Rodwell in the summer. Is he a big loss, over-rated or did you get a fair deal for him?

Which Everton player do you predict will have a big season?

Which Everton player do you predict will have a disappointing season?

What's a realistic aim for Everton this season? Where have you strengthened to achieve this?

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing?

Edited by The Fish

Tell you what, they're living up to their nickname. The amount of bitterness towards us is staggering. They're not answering the questions which is fine, but just reading their match thread is hilarious. They've got a real burning hatred of us, for whatever reason.

I can think of no legitimate reason. We're not local rivals, we've not robbed them of glory, nor have we stolen their players.

Honestly? I bet it's that shit fucking argument about "Who's a bigger club".

Why os it that the geordie melts who insist on taking their shirts. Off all seem to have C cup moobs? Put em away FFS

I remember when Ashley took over and these fat beauts were talking aboot Eto, Ronaldinho and messi. They ended up with Kevin nolan an Grimsby away. Fcuking epic tossers.

Krul, Arfa and Cabaye are all good players but they way they go on you'd think they were Real Madrid Circa. 1950's.

Not a single reference to mucky geordie lassies. I don't pay my liscence fee for this kind of sloppy, thrown together journalism.

None, I dont rate any of them, dat long haired weapon, Jonas, is quite possibly the worst footballer ive ever seen

Especially loved the pardew rant, sly digs at being Scottish and the weird attire of the average geordie male. That picture of gazza topped it off.

Geordie fan comment: I wish relegation did curtail their nobhead tendencies, but sadly it didn't.

This all after the 1st post says that it's tiring being on the end of lazy stereotypes.

Might have kicked a hornets nest :lol:

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/48687-Why-you-hate-NUFC

Come back when you have managed to stay in this league for longer than a couple of years, as opposed to only ever being out of it for a couple since the very beginning (not sky's beginning although your record in that is probably worse than the other one).

Arrogance born out of jack shit.

Going around exposing your man breasts to everyone.

I prefer the more successful Sland.

everton do hate on a grand scale, dont flatter yourselfs its just newcastle its everybody, villa spurs city cant think of a team we like to be honest, infact half the time we hate everton, we are just horrilble cunts, if evertons fanbase were a person we would be on meds and be getting bathed by some bird on £4.60 an hour every night and sent to bed when the drugs kick in

:lol:

:lol:

Probably won't be keen on any 'view from the other side' post game analysis then.

Fishs perfectly reasonable one got 1 decent reply and 2 arsey ones

honestly even swanseas fans were miles better than this lot, what a set of precious little bastards

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/

There ye gan for a Reading forum, Fish. I post on there every now and then.

Expect a bit of hazing mind.

Cheers, I'll come back to that.

I wouldn't expect many replies to the Norwich one, there doesn't appear to be a board with more than 7k "users" and of those, I'd wager a sizeable chunk are spam bots and 1 time visitors.

Mind, if I can get the guy who wrote this to nibble, it might be entertaining

"We know the reality. We know it will be tough. But we also know we have a manager who is capable of developing the club perhaps to a status similar to an Everton or Fulham - knocking on the door of the top 8. knocking on the door of the top 8 knocking on the door of the top 8"
Edited by The Fish

• 4 weeks later...

Do I need more questions for Sunderland?

How do you feel the atmosphere differs at the SOL and what do you miss about Roker Park?

What's your pre-derby rituals? Anything different from a normal match?

Fletcher has started really well, but Sessegnon hasn't picked up where he left off. Different team focus, or just poor form so far?

Which Sunderland player do you predict will have a big season?

Which Sunderland player do you predict will have a disappointing season?

What's a realistic aim for Sunderland this season? Have you sufficiently strengthened to achieve this?

• 9 years later...
On 06/04/2012 at 13:23, Gene_Clark said:

no problem.

any toontastic posters who'd like to chat, i'll be in The Bodega immediately after the Bolton game.

hoping to mend some fences & build some bridges.

if you need my number PM me or Manc Mag or his close friend McFaul; they can give you the number they've been too scared to call.

:spit:

16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I saw him cycling through Benton the other week- he looks better than he did a while back. 

I don’t know what department he works for but he’s at Benton Park View. Looks like he’s shifted a bit of timber👍🏻

• Like 1