Swansea v Newcastle United Good Friday Kick Off 4.30pm

Christmas Tree

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said Perch is the worst player we've ever had?

The point is James Perch is in the 5 worst players I have ever seen play for us, I would give a club £1m just to take him from us he is that bad, I knew it would happen. He's got nee spirit, when it's on the floor he fowls, he's weak, positionally he's shite, what was Hughton thinking??!!?

Not the worst, but close. :razz:

Just making sure Stevie doesn't miss this. :razz:

Fish, I think you've earned the right to go and hoy that on that thread on the Swansea board. Quote one of the whiny wankers who was giving it the big licks earlier in the week.

They're now claiming that our support wasn't that great because they were only singing when we were winning. (1-0 after five minutes :lol: )

Also having a pop because at our fans singing Gary Speed's name and their own fans for joining in.

We still managed to make more unsuccessful passes than them :lol:

That's the whole point, they rarely try a killer pass preferring to keep the ball in areas where they aren't threatening the other team. We played lots of through balls in the phase just after the turnover, more direct and which created better chances.

The whole booing "long balls" business. I mean I don't know if it's meant to be ironic, but they might want to think about hoying the odd long ball in themselves ffs. That first half was one of the most ineffective displays of possession football I've ever seen. Players, fans and manager believing their own hype. It'll bite them on the arse big time next season.

The whole booing "long balls" business. I mean I don't know if it's meant to be ironic, but they might want to think about hoying the odd long ball in themselves ffs. That first half was one of the most ineffective displays of possession football I've ever seen. Players, fans and manager believing their own hype. It'll bite them on the arse big time next season.

There was some stat whereby one of their midfield lads had the most completed passes in top flight European football this season (or some such). Hardly surprising when they're knocking it back and sideways 5 yards every touch. Ben Arfa was quiet today, but he did one move where he nutmegged their left back, ran directly on goal and got a shot off which forced a save. While it was frustrating not having the ball for the majority of the game, frankly it's a joy to see us put the ball in the net with direct, incisive, slick football while the opposition fail to carry out direct orders to pass it into the net from 1 yard out.

before the game it was pass completion in europe and Leon Britton was the top

Xavi was like 1% behind him but has made 700 more passes than him

There was even a journo or two pontificating over whether he should be called up to the England squad and all. :lol:

There was even a journo or two pontificating over whether he should be called up to the England squad and all. :lol:

I was saying he should be when the last squad was named tbh