Swansea v Newcastle United Good Friday Kick Off 4.30pm

Christmas Tree

I think you've got to admire the way they're playing tiki taka football with the team they have, although it has been mentioned that perhaps Martinez had put the foundations in place. For me, I prefer faster paced, more incisive football, like a great Bayern Munich side, the Germans, or even one of the great Manchester Uniteds we've seen in recent years. Passing the ball about all day long is lovely an' all that, but it's daft to say it makes for an entertaining game of football. Swansea have done fantastically to be able to dominate possession in such a way but it can also make it difficult for them, especially if they go behind early, because their tactics dictate that they waste a lot of time in any attack and allow the opposition to get back behind the ball all the time. It's all well and good if you have Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Silva, Messi to knit the ball through but much more difficult otherwise! I still won't listen to too harsh criticism of them though.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic