Swansea v Newcastle United Good Friday Kick Off 4.30pm

Christmas Tree

Swansea are a much better side that Norwich though.

Our big undoing at Norwich wasn't good football - it was a team lumping balls into the box when we had Perch and Simpson to clear them away. Williamson is much more competent in the air than either of them, and I reckon we would have beaten Norwich had we been able to cope with the aerial threat.

We have a makeshift defence...but we also have an in-form, fearless forward line. With a forward line of Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa, we can't possibly go and play for a draw.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way people are going on about Obertan you'd think he was the worst player who's ever kicked a ball. He's had some canny games, Stoke away being one. 22 year old ffs.

There are numerous examples of players being written off by know-all fans only for them to turn around their game and prove them wrong. Despite the fact that recently 'the worst player i've ever seen playing for us" (not my words) James Perch has been putting in more than competent performances, people still think that a young player cant develop. Its just a messageboard ffs and all that but the debate on forums/online contributes to the general perception of the player and it just doesnt do us or the player any good. A debate on where he can improve, what he needs to work on is much healthier than just calling him shite.

Anyway the games keep getting bigger and bigger, i though last week was the biggest of the season but a win today is another massive step forward, i cant call the result but its a big one as victory today gives us a massive chance on monday to hit 59 points with 5 to play. That would be sensational stuff. Really excited about the match but its a shame we are so weakened. That does mean any sort of result is a great achievement though.

Who said Perch is the worst player we've ever had?

The way people are going on about Obertan you'd think he was the worst player who's ever kicked a ball. He's had some canny games, Stoke away being one. 22 year old ffs.

There are numerous examples of players being written off by know-all fans only for them to turn around their game and prove them wrong. Despite the fact that recently 'the worst player i've ever seen playing for us" (not my words) James Perch has been putting in more than competent performances, people still think that a young player cant develop. Its just a messageboard ffs and all that but the debate on forums/online contributes to the general perception of the player and it just doesnt do us or the player any good. A debate on where he can improve, what he needs to work on is much healthier than just calling him shite.

Anyway the games keep getting bigger and bigger, i though last week was the biggest of the season but a win today is another massive step forward, i cant call the result but its a big one as victory today gives us a massive chance on monday to hit 59 points with 5 to play. That would be sensational stuff. Really excited about the match but its a shame we are so weakened. That does mean any sort of result is a great achievement though.

Who said Perch is the worst player we've ever had?

An OOT or an OOC, cant remember who exactly.

I think Swansea have looked toothless in the past few matches, keep Sigurdsson quiet and we have a really good chance

They've only scored 35 goals this season haven't they?

Delighted with that (added bonus of being right about the shift in defence and not playing obertan :razz: )

if we come out with the intensity we did at west brom we'll batter them

An OOT or an OOC, cant remember who exactly.

Well half the OOTs are divvies, and you're the only OOC worth reading.

Eh Stevie you once said "perch is to newcastle as Nick Leeson is to barrings bank" it's not really a stellar opinion like :lol:

He had some good moments at Barings though initially.

1-0 to us.

Heard last night on the Radio that Swansea have had more possesion than any other team in the Prem. They even had more possesion v Man Ure.

This is gonna be spicy as Rodgers and Pards go back a bit.