champions league

Dr Gloom

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

Here, lets not start sucking each others dicks just yet, as Harvey Keitel would say.

Even if we get in the CL our coefficient is wank, which means our qualifying game will be against someone fucking good. If we qualified last season we'd have faced one of Villareal, Benfica, FC Bayern or Lyon to qualify for the group phase. All of them would be favourites to sort us oot.

So we should give up hope now?

Aye. Leazes will explode if Ashley reaches the CL, Ashley's horrible brand will receive free continental advertising, we'd get a revenue hike followed by a run in the Europa League anyway and we'd most likely keep a few players as they'd be playing at a club capable of qualifying for European competition and we as fans get to see our team play in Europe once again.

Everyone's a winner.

At least Pardew has acknowledged that we need 2-3 players but more if we get in to Europe. More if those out of contract don't resign.

3rd is gone, 6 points in 6 matches over arsenal - I dont fancy our chances there.

Its tottenham and chelsea we need to sort out, and tottenham have a very easy run-in..

I think all three of them will end up with 67-72 points, so we need to pick alot of points in the last 6 to have any hope.

I actually fancy our chances more vs city at home than Chelsea away.

The problem is, will Pardew have the balls to properly have a go at these teams? Time will tell¨, but I have a feeling Pardew doesnt want CL enough to make a proper run for it.

He even said so himself " we arent good enough, I dont fancy us".

Could be reverse psychology but.. .meh who knows..

Edited by Lake Bells tits

3rd is gone, 6 points in 6 matches over arsenal - I dont fancy our chances there.

Its tottenham and chelsea we need to sort out, and tottenham have a very easy run-in..

I think all three of them will end up with 67-72 points, so we need to pick alot of points in the last 6 to have any hope.

I actually fancy our chances more vs city at home than Chelsea away.

The problem is, will Pardew have the balls to properly have a go at these teams? Time will tell¨, but I have a feeling Pardew doesnt want CL enough to make a proper run for it.

He even said so himself " we arent good enough, I dont fancy us".

Could be reverse psychology but.. .meh who knows..

Pardew will go all out to get the highest finish he can. Why wouldn't he? The gulf between 6th and 7th is so large now that it is pretty much in the bag. Reckon he is definitely just trying to keep people's feet on the ground in public while he will privately be working his arse off to pinch the 4th spot. Ive been rather conservative about CL qualification prospects thus far but i have no doubt whatever that he will be aiming for that 4th spot.

Hope so, he just comes across a bit deranged in interviews from time to time. Doesnt seem like he thinks its a good idea to come out and tout us as CL-challengers though.

No idea what kind of impact that has but we will see

SSN presenter almost having to apologise to Nigel Winterburn for mentioning NUFC in a chat about CL places adding as a caveat that Harry Redknapp says we have to be included in the discussion. Terrible journalism for a mainstream national programme.

That's standard crack from the manager tbf. Acknowledging that we are CL hopefuls puts pressure on the players. Downplaying it allows them tojust go about their business. It doesn't mean he doesn't want us to get there ffs.

SSN presenter almost having to apologise to Nigel Winterburn for mentioning NUFC in a chat about CL places adding as a caveat that Harry Redknapp says we have to be included in the discussion. Terrible journalism for a mainstream national programme.

You should be apologising for watching SSN tbh. ;)

keeping our heads down and going about our business has worked well for us so far this season, why change it? Let other people speculate about CL possibilities (like Redknapp today) for us, we'll concern ourselves with our own house and keep on proving the Mersons and Lawros of the world wrong.

That's standard crack from the manager tbf. Acknowledging that we are CL hopefuls puts pressure on the players. Downplaying it allows them tojust go about their business. It doesn't mean he doesn't want us to get there ffs.

Perhaps, but saying " I dont think we are good enough to do it" isnt ideal either, is it? I am no psychologist mind /shrug

I don't fancy Chelsea today at Craven Cottage like. It's made things much trickier with Arsenal winning yesterday 'cos they look to have sealed CL qualification. A four horse race for two spots would have cranked up the pressure on all the other sides. Everyone's spouting out the cliche, but it's very true, we just need to keep on winning and see what happens. Momentum is the most important thing at this point of the season and we've got it at the moment.

Just had another look at the fixture list, you've got to fancy Arsenal to finish 3rd to be honest, they have by far the easiest run-in. Man City on Saturday was the only game you wouldn't expect them to win. Spurs' run-in looks pretty comfortable as well. At least most of Chelsea's remaining fixtures are quite tough.

Still don't fancy us for Champions League..Reckon Chelsea could lose tonight though and then one step closer to confirming Europa League in 5th. It's nice seeing us in 5th atm.