champions league

Dr Gloom

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

This place man...its more like a self help group for ego mainiacs than a football forum

I've been joyfully and deliriously incorrect about nearly everything this season and I'm fuckin loving it :)

This summer will tell us a lot about the long term, but am enjoying just living in the moment.

The Europa League is still a waste of time for us but the Champions League is a vastly different barrell of financial monkeys. We'll see though. Long way to go yet though etc etc...<insert favourite bland football tv cliche here>

It's why we love it so. :lol:

Just need to focus on each game as it comes. Worry about our own results and we end up where we end up. Europa is a fantastic result, Champions League would be out of this world.

One game at a time.

Are you a pro footballer?

Replace the word pro with rubbish and you'd be closer to the mark.

I realise my comments sound like the normal clap-trap you hear from players, but the reason they say that is because it's drilled into them by management. As supporters we can make as many predictions as we like but all I am hoping is that our players take nothing for granted and continue to take their current level of enthusiasm into each and every match.

Blinding with bulshit statistics then, bullying might have been a bit strong. It was alliterative with berated that I was going for.

You tit of a tosspiece.

Funnily enough that's the sort of thing people were saying to me last summer. Those easy start statistics don't make you look like a wanker either.

I don't think HF is bad either. Quite a few though who are negative just for the sake of it. I remember a thread discussing Champion league prospects a few months back where certain individuals just jumped straight in with their know all negativity.

I can more understand the cautious approach given our recent history.

I also hate the continuous " it's all about the next window" doom mongers.

Make no mistake, this is a golden season not just because of our position but also because of the quality and character of the players we have assembled and the harmony from top to bottom within the club.

People like Tom will snipe away and call it fawning or lapping up but the truth is everything is going great.

Rather than look towards the next set back, this is now a time to just sit back and enjoy it.

There have been very averages times in the past and they will return one day, but for now everyone should simply enjoy.

Blinding with bulshit statistics then, bullying might have been a bit strong. It was alliterative with berated that I was going for.

You tit of a tosspiece.

Funnily enough that's the sort of thing people were saying to me last summer. Those easy start statistics don't make you look like a wanker either.

That number crunching inclined me to bet on villa for relegation when they were 8th or something too. So if that comes off i'll be happy with both outcomes.

I don't think HF is bad either. Quite a few though who are negative just for the sake of it. I remember a thread discussing Champion league prospects a few months back where certain individuals just jumped straight in with their know all negativity.

Talking about Champions League a few months ago was as idiotic as your prediction of a 4-1 away win at Arsenal though. You don't get to turn up claiming you got this one right, cos you predict us to score close to double figures every other game.

Talking about Champions League a few months ago was as idiotic as your prediction of a 4-1 away win at Arsenal though. You don't get to turn up claiming you got this one right, cos you predict us to score close to double figures every other game.

:lol:

Aye HF is a top lad, am just being stupid really, not even a good wind up.

He has consistently been LM's biggest supporter on here though ;)

I just stand up for victims of bullying.

Aye, CT and Deano were your pet projects.

Anyway everyone's a token Mackem for the day today. I hope theres a few Mags on their board wishing them good luck against Spurs as the emotional conflict mixed with all that blue pop will send them over the edge.

They were the bullies.

I can't remember posting anything whatsoever at Deano. The whole bet and SBR foundation thing passed me by completely.

CT....see Gemmil's post above.

I don't think we'll make the Champions League - we'll probably come just short - but it would be insane not to aim as high as possible given the season we've had.

Here, lets not start sucking each others dicks just yet, as Harvey Keitel would say.

Even if we get in the CL our coefficient is wank, which means our qualifying game will be against someone fucking good. If we qualified last season we'd have faced one of Villareal, Benfica, FC Bayern or Lyon to qualify for the group phase. All of them would be favourites to sort us oot.

Absolute bollocks ginge. You were well and truly on team doom and fucking gloom last year while some of us could see things were going well on and off the pitch so yes we will claim to have been righter than you .

As for your babble about score predictions.....remember this gem a few hours before we stuffed Man U 3-0.....

It's nights like tonight that I give thanks that I gave up my ticket. Pissing freezing, blowing a fucking gale and a dry bumming in the offing on a Wednesday night. Don't mind if I don't.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back in your box skippy.

Man gets surprise result of the season wrong. Big shocker. Aye cos expecting to lose to Man United is hugely pessimistic. Are you aware of some of our home score lines against that lot, you happy clappy cretin. No doubt you "had a good feeling" about all of those as well, only to discover that it was trapped wind.

There's a difference between being optimistic and being a fat cheerleader. You are the latter as is borne out by your ridiculous score predictions every week. "6-1 today" "4-1 away to Arsenal" "I expect a major trouncing". At the time you first started talking about Champions League we were flagging badly, but like your predictions of huge away victories every week, the facts didn't matter cos you had your bunches in, your little skirt on and a pompom in either hand. Fucking fat tit.