Newcastle United V Bolton Wanderers Easter Monday Kick Off 3pm

Christmas Tree

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-0

Don't matter who plays where. We have a good system that the whole squad is tuned into and we have one of the 3 world class strikers in this league and on form. We also have MOMENTUM.

Edited by Park Life

I don't think this game will be as straightforward as everyone is predicting, they'll be fighting for their lives and we have 3 of our best midfielders out. I predict a scrappy 1-0 win with Shola coming on to score a late winner!

As for the midfield situation, if Pardew sticks with 4-3-3 then I can see it being Jonas-Gosling-R.Taylor, which doesn't leave me feeling very confident as I think Gosling still has an awful lot to prove.

Guest CabayeAye

So then, who the fook is going to play in midfield with Tiote, Cabaye and Guthrie out?

Tiote and Cabaye are not out.

I don't think this game will be as straightforward as everyone is predicting, they'll be fighting for their lives and we have 3 of our best midfielders out. I predict a scrappy 1-0 win with Shola coming on to score a late winner!

As for the midfield situation, if Pardew sticks with 4-3-3 then I can see it being Jonas-Gosling-R.Taylor, which doesn't leave me feeling very confident as I think Gosling still has an awful lot to prove.

Dont think many are predicting it'll be straightforward tbh. In fact dont think that sort of complacency has been an issue at all this season.

So then, who the fook is going to play in midfield with Tiote, Cabaye and Guthrie out?

Tiote and Cabaye are not out.

Both quoted in the journal ( I think ) as having hamstring injuries and likely to be out.

Have you heard different?

If collo is fit then hell play perch in the holding role. Not sure who he wud replace cabaye with

Physio Room has him out until the 21st (Colo).

It also shows us as having more injuries than any other prem team. Given the depth (or lack of) of our squad, it makes our progression this season all the more remarkable.

Doesn't make sense to rush anyone back too early - particularly, whilst Williamson and Perch are doing a good job.

If collo is fit then hell play perch in the holding role. Not sure who he wud replace cabaye with

Physio Room has him out until the 21st (Colo).

It also shows us as having more injuries than any other prem team. Given the depth (or lack of) of our squad, it makes our progression this season all the more remarkable.

Well managed iyam. Always billed as an "opportunity for the squad player to come in and stake their claim" rather than blatantly feeling sorry for ourselves and whining about 'bad luck'. They've responded to that and we've always bounced back from defeat (even heavy defeats) well.

I think that's one of the definite good points about having a manager who's come in knowing he's not going to have an awful lot to spend. He knows his first thoughts will have to be who in the squad he can turn to, rather than feeling sorry for himself that he can't just buy a replacement, and so he'll be bigging up the squad player all the time. We all know the score on the finances (broadly speaking) and we all know we're not going to go spend the same as eg Liverpool, so theres a lot that we appreciate that doesnt need explaining to us as fans. Nobody wants to hear excuses, just a credible way forward given the reality of our situation in the context of the league in 2012.

Bolton have improved lately and are still everyone's second team given Muamba's heart scare.

Just have to go out and get the job done on monday, they're really a team we should be beating. N'Gog is their main striker after all!

Aye, given the accuracy of the "obertan penciled in" comments I'll wait and see

reckon one of tiote and cabaye will be fit enough to play

Guest CabayeAye

From .com:

Squad:Fabricio Coloccini, Leon Best, Sammy Ameobi, Sylvain Marveaux, Peter Lovenkrands and Steven Taylor all remain out, while Haris Vuckic and Danny Guthrie are also expected to be missing, as they were at Swansea.

Gabriel Obertan's fitness remains unconfirmed, while both Cheick Tiote and Yohan Cabaye reported "minor strains" after they were substituted at the Liberty Stadium - although Alan Pardew was optimistic both midfielders would be available for Monday's game.

We will see the same team line up against Bolton as we saw yesterday.

Think Williamson is out for this as he got his 5th yellow card yesterday, fancy us to win this well. Not bothered about other results as long as we keep winning. I'll be happy when Liverpool beat Everton in the FA cup and the Europa league is confirmed! 12 points ahead of 7th place.

Think Williamson is out for this as he got his 5th yellow card yesterday, fancy us to win this well. Not bothered about other results as long as we keep winning. I'll be happy when Liverpool beat Everton in the FA cup and the Europa league is confirmed! 12 points ahead of 7th place.

Fairly certain he isnt out.

There was an amnesty on yellow cards a while ago.

I think he might be banned as he's picked up 5 since the turn of the year.

EDIT - He just gets a slap on the wrist and warned about his future conduct.

Edited by Baggio