Newcastle United V Bolton Wanderers Easter Monday Kick Off 3pm

Christmas Tree

Out of interest how did Coyle get Manager of the Month over Pardew??????

The Muamba incident will have played a part.

While I think it should be awarded purely on football reasons, Coyle did handle the situation well and they picked up a couple of decent results.

That's what I thought. Not many teams win 5 on the bounce and only let in a couple goals. ( not that im bitter ) Pardew got to be candidate for Manager of the Year.

Aye if we finish 4th or 5th he should definately be given manager of the year, I think he fully deserves it even if we finish 6th simply because of the gulf in points between us and 7th.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Newcastle manager and Dutch football legend Ruud Gullit on Twitter: "I must say that Newcastle is doing great. It's about time. Lot of coaches tried, including me, but didn't succeed. Very happy. So happy for Newcastle fans. They deserve this for there loyalty and patience."

*many "sics" in there, but I can't be arsed to highlight them all.

Out of interest how did Coyle get Manager of the Month over Pardew??????

The Muamba incident will have played a part.

While I think it should be awarded purely on football reasons, Coyle did handle the situation well and they picked up a couple of decent results.

That's what I thought. Not many teams win 5 on the bounce and only let in a couple goals. ( not that im bitter ) Pardew got to be candidate for Manager of the Year.

He's got to win it. Brendan Rodgers has been brilliant, but Pardew has been sublime. I really hope that people give him credit with the MOTY award.

I'd give it to Lambert, personally.

Why?

Everyone had us pipped for a relegation dog fight. He has bought well and turned the team into a top six club. People have been saying we will slip up and now recently start to take us seriously. Personally you can't give it to a manager who has just finished in the top half....What else has Lambert done apart from that.

I'd give it to Lambert, personally.

Why?

Everyone had us pipped for a relegation dog fight. He has bought well and turned the team into a top six club. People have been saying we will slip up and now recently start to take us seriously. Personally you can't give it to a manager who has just finished in the top half....What else has Lambert done apart from that.

Well, Lamberts team were in league one the season before last, he has done an outstanding job with them.

Taken a side from League One to looking a proper comfortable Premier League side, higher in the table than the Swansea that everyone is fawning over.

Manager of the Year. Clue is in the title. Doesn't matter what he has done before this season.

Edited by 2bias

Taken a side from League One to looking a proper comfortable Premier League side, higher in the table than the Swansea that everyone is fawning over.

Manager of the Year. Clue is in the title. Doesn't matter what he has done before this season.

well in that case, its got to be ferguson since hes going to win the league

well in that case, its got to be ferguson since hes going to win the league

He would be another one of my candidates.

Moment of magic that few players can dream of attempting got us the game, but some astute subs from Pardew helped as Ferguson improved us and Shola helped kill the game. Also becoming very noticeable that Williamson is confident again, he now wants the ball and is relatively comfortable on it rather than treating it like a grenade, good to see as he's a steady player when on form. Colo just looked like he'd never been away as well.

Not a worthy performence overall but great to get another 3 points.

Flat first half and a bit dodgy and drab in the second, Krul was the busier keeper, Bolton may have edged it had it not been for him.

Brilliant goal from BenArfa, and we needed it.

Have to say Cisse's goal looked offside today. Obviously i'm glad it stood but has there ever been a weekend of football with a worse total of refereeing fuck ups? As I said earlier, there were 3 penalty shouts that Norwich saw turned down, and then there were the Chelsea offside goals to boot. Even Balotelli not getting a straight red for his horror tackle on Song stands out as severe incompetence. Personally i reckon it all stems from the fact Mike Reilly has been given such a position of authority with the referee's association.

Even if Cisse's goal was chalked off, we'd still have held on I reckon. For all their harrying and hard work, Bolton just can't finish chances. Eagles really should've bagged a hatful today and for that we rode our luck. Can't really say Bolton were hard done by when they didn't take their chances and we did.

Not a worthy performence overall but great to get another 3 points.

Flat first half and a bit dodgy and drab in the second, Krul was the busier keeper, Bolton may have edged it had it not been for him.

Brilliant goal from BenArfa, and we needed it.

He has earned us alot of points this season, he makes the big saves at key moments and gives us the platform to go and win/hold on when ahead. If he didn't make the save, we're 1-0 down and hadn't made their keeper break sweat so it would have been a big ask to win from there.

Have to say Cisse's goal looked offside today. Obviously i'm glad it stood but has there ever been a weekend of football with a worse total of refereeing fuck ups? As I said earlier, there were 3 penalty shouts that Norwich saw turned down, and then there were the Chelsea offside goals to boot. Even Balotelli not getting a straight red for his horror tackle on Song stands out as severe incompetence. Personally i reckon it all stems from the fact Mike Reilly has been given such a position of authority with the referee's association.

The two linesmen today seemed to be bricking it after the Chelsea linesman got (rightly) criticised as they were favouring the defences on every marginal offside and even ones that clearly weren't.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

We looked tired today but showed that extra bit class again where it mattered through Krul, Shola, Cisse and particularly Ben Arfa.

Glad we've got a bit of time off now before Stoke because we look like we need it.

Pants first half but a definite improvement second half with the introduction of Ferguson. Regardless what some say on here, he always looks direct and dangerous when he gets the ball and virtually everything he did was applauded by the gallowgate.

On 88 minutes he cut out a cross field pass in their half and for a moment I thought he was in on goal, but he just prodded it two far.

Ben Arfa a very quiet game but a moment of magic took all the pressure off. Again Shola made a big difference when he came on and did well setting up the second.

At this stage of the season its just about clocking up the wins and having something to play for while inflicting pressure on those above us.

Happy fucking days.

I'm really pissed off with Coyle tbh. In his interview, he is suck a cock. Ben Arfa's goal was a solo piece of magic. And instead of giving him the proper credit he deserves for the goal, he Is a bitter wanker and says he thinks his team should have put the tackle in at the given chances to stop him. Compare that to Rodgers and his gracious comments following defeat, giving Cisse the credit he deserved. Any manager can try and say comments like that, it's like saying that Rooney is a great player but giving him no credit for the overhead last season. Coyle's men didn't do anything hence they're in trouble!!

Just a bitter old man who cannot take that our team playing nowhere near full capacity, added an extra nail to the coffin.

I am hoping and praying that Bolton go down.

Pants first half but a definite improvement second half with the introduction of Ferguson. Regardless what some say on here, he always looks direct and dangerous when he gets the ball and virtually everything he did was applauded by the gallowgate.

I don't understand your hatred for Jonas, when Ferguson offers pretty much exactly the same. Lots of industry and work from out wide.