Newcastle United V Bolton Wanderers Easter Monday Kick Off 3pm

Christmas Tree

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pants first half but a definite improvement second half with the introduction of Ferguson. Regardless what some say on here, he always looks direct and dangerous when he gets the ball and virtually everything he did was applauded by the gallowgate.

I don't understand your hatred for Jonas, when Ferguson offers pretty much exactly the same. Lots of industry and work from out wide.

Cant really be arsed to debate this yet again. Its widely accepted that Jonas splits the fans. His work rate and defensive duties have been the highlight for him this season not his creative prowess.

All I have ever gone on about this season was the lack of creativity from the wings. I said back in August that we needed the right personnel playing a 433 to make a difference.

Since we have switched to this we have been a team transformed.

Very few would want to go back to a 442 with Jonas on the left wing.

Fergusone for me is a lot more direct when he gets the ball and a lot more clever on the ball. ie, he will pass it off quickly rather than fannying on out by the touchline. (Jonas trademark)

I am not saying he is by any means the finished article or that he will "do it" here, but he certainly gives us that little spark on the wing from time to time.

I think you and others have to accept that his ever growing presence on the bench and on the pitch show that he is well thought off by all around him at NUFC.

Jonny called the crowd perfectly today - we weren't 4-0 up after 20 minutes so it was constant groaning and cries of ''he's fucking shite'' to any player who didn't get everything 100% spot on everytime.

People seemed genuinely surprised that Bolton turned up, It was always going to be a battle.

Pants first half but a definite improvement second half with the introduction of Ferguson. Regardless what some say on here, he always looks direct and dangerous when he gets the ball and virtually everything he did was applauded by the gallowgate.

I don't understand your hatred for Jonas, when Ferguson offers pretty much exactly the same. Lots of industry and work from out wide.

Cant really be arsed to debate this yet again. Its widely accepted that Jonas splits the fans. His work rate and defensive duties have been the highlight for him this season not his creative prowess.

All I have ever gone on about this season was the lack of creativity from the wings. I said back in August that we needed the right personnel playing a 433 to make a difference.

Since we have switched to this we have been a team transformed.

Very few would want to go back to a 442 with Jonas on the left wing.

Fergusone for me is a lot more direct when he gets the ball and a lot more clever on the ball. ie, he will pass it off quickly rather than fannying on out by the touchline. (Jonas trademark)

I am not saying he is by any means the finished article or that he will "do it" here, but he certainly gives us that little spark on the wing from time to time.

I think you and others have to accept that his ever growing presence on the bench and on the pitch show that he is well thought off by all around him at NUFC.

Like any young player who shows promise the crowd are fond of him & want him to do well but most people's appreciation of Ferguson is proportionate.

He looks okay, still a bit weak but not a liability. His crossing doesn't seem to be great mind.

He came on and added some enthusiasm and attacking impetus. Nothing more nothing less. Didn't change the game but was a step in the right direction.

The talk last night was whether or not Ben Arfa's goal was better than the one against Blackburn in the cup. The lads who weren't at that game almost had those of us that were convinced. It was from his own half, not against a B team rolled out for the cup, the turn at the start etc.

But watching that Blackburn goal again just now...i think it pisses on yesterday.

Both were better than Crouch mind, and i still think the streak of piss will win goal of the season just because he's a gangly fucker you wouldn't expect to pull it off.

The talk last night was whether or not Ben Arfa's goal was better than the one against Blackburn in the cup. The lads who weren't at that game almost had those of us that were convinced. It was from his own half, not against a B team rolled out for the cup, the turn at the start etc.

But watching that Blackburn goal again just now...i think it pisses on yesterday.

Both were better than Crouch mind, and i still think the streak of piss will win goal of the season just because he's a gangly fucker you wouldn't expect to pull it off.

Think the Blackburn goal was better, but watching yesterdays goal last night its just not the same on the Telly as real life. Also, he makes it look so easy with that acceleration and movement of feet. At one point I wondered if his brain actually knew what his legs were doing :)

Must just say feeling very fucking happy clappy this morning. A mixture of sister acts oh happy day and lou reeds perfect day.

And thats even before I consider our "fatigued" neighbours from hell down the road.

Cant wait to see some of this seasons highlights put to music. Wish I knew how to do it .

Hey CT am sure I saw you yesterday like, black coat on?

Benny's goal will stay in my memory for ever "oleee, go on son, gooo on, pass, fuckin pass, goo on, ah hes fucked it, pass, keepers ganna get it, GEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIN!!!!" Can't believe there's people on twitter saying he's still a luxury, he's a necessity not a luxury, our best player is playing his best, if it's effecting Ba I simply don't care. Woeful up to the goal though, very much like the Wigan home game, still we can really start dreaming now. Real Madrid would be my dream game, I'd love to go to the Bernabeu with 10,000 toon fans.

Benny's goal will stay in my memory for ever "oleee, go on son, gooo on, pass, fuckin pass, goo on, ah hes fucked it, pass, keepers ganna get it, GEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIN!!!!" Can't believe there's people on twitter saying he's still a luxury, he's a necessity not a luxury, our best player is playing his best, if it's effecting Ba I simply don't care. Woeful up to the goal though, very much like the Wigan home game, still we can really start dreaming now. Real Madrid would be my dream game, I'd love to go to the Bernabeu with 10,000 toon fans.

Could have been, I had a black waterproof golf jacket on.

Gave up my normal seat in the Leazes for our lass so I was in the gallowgate.

Where did you see me?

Description of the goal is spot on. Everyone near me was screaming pass as he went up another gear and knocked it in!!! :lol:

Could have been, I had a black waterproof golf jacket on.

Gave up my normal seat in the Leazes for our lass so I was in the gallowgate.

Where did you see me?

Description of the goal is spot on. Everyone near me was screaming pass as he went up another gear and knocked it in!!! :lol:

In the Leazes, mustn't have been yee then. I'd love to know where you sit I know it's not far from me, it's all very secretive.

It's no big secret from me with regular posters like yourself, it's just that I go with my daughter and this is the Internet and you never know what loons are lurking.

Stevie "The Wrong'un Finder General" does