Newcastle United v Stoke City

Christmas Tree

Brilliant 3 points and other results favoured us, Chelsea dropping 2, Arsenal dropping 2, and Spurs dropping 3.Would be something if we finished in 3rd place, highly unlikely but within the realms of possibility.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's only one Team Positive these days and they play in black and white at St James Park.

Just got in from the match and its pretty difficult to describe how I feel.

Sitting their watching that first half was a privilege. Superb going forward and superb at simply keeping possession and just passing the ball about.

Its very hard to pick people out but a few need a mention.

Tiote had a few passes that didnt come off, but overall was awesome and just seemed so in control. If only one of those thunderbolts had gone in.

Santon I thought had his best game to date for us and you just wonder how good he may become in a few years.

Williamson again had a great day and seems to look a lot more confident. A few times he chested the ball down rather than heading it anywhere.

Ben Arfa at times was simply sublime and some of the things he did on the ball beggar belief.

Cisse looking like the second bargain of the season after Ba.

Ba desperately needs a goal and really hope he gets it soon.

Perch is probably now most peoples first choice on the bench and had another great game when he came on. Some of his touches in midfield had us all laughing in amazement.

Cabaye as is becoming obvious has now found himself as the tip of the midfield three. The formula and the quality around him now have him purring like a rolls royce around the box. You can see he is loving his freedom and just wants to be involved in every attack. Some great balls today. Man of the match for me, just ahead of Tiote.

I am try to keep myself grounded, especially with some of the games we have left, but bloody hell, TOP 4!!!!!

This team can do anything on its day and while it was all "a bit of fun" a couple of weeks back, its starting to get pretty serious now.

Bit of a fairytale going on and long may it continue.

:nufc:

With form like this, who wants the season to stop? 92/93 promotion aside, I don't think I've ever felt like that at this point in a season before.

Pullis labelled all 3 goals very, very poor. :lol:

:lol: Then went on to say but you have to give his boys credit, what for? being completely controlled for 90mins.

He also made it seem like the game was really even.

Edited by Howay

:lol: Then went on to say but you have to give his boys credit, what for? being completely controlled for 90mins.

What a bellwhiff, Pullis Pantsdown.

There's only one Team Positive these days and they play in black and white at St James Park.

Just got in from the match and its pretty difficult to describe how I feel.

Sitting their watching that first half was a privilege. Superb going forward and superb at simply keeping possession and just passing the ball about.

Its very hard to pick people out but a few need a mention.

Tiote had a few passes that didnt come off, but overall was awesome and just seemed so in control. If only one of those thunderbolts had gone in.

Santon I thought had his best game to date for us and you just wonder how good he may become in a few years.

Williamson again had a great day and seems to look a lot more confident. A few times he chested the ball down rather than heading it anywhere.

Ben Arfa at times was simply sublime and some of the things he did on the ball beggar belief.

Cisse looking like the second bargain of the season after Ba.

Ba desperately needs a goal and really hope he gets it soon.

Perch is probably now most peoples first choice on the bench and had another great game when he came on. Some of his touches in midfield had us all laughing in amazement.

Cabaye as is becoming obvious has now found himself as the tip of the midfield three. The formula and the quality around him now have him purring like a rolls royce around the box. You can see he is loving his freedom and just wants to be involved in every attack. Some great balls today. Man of the match for me, just ahead of Tiote.

I am try to keep myself grounded, especially with some of the games we have left, but bloody hell, TOP 4!!!!!

This team can do anything on its day and while it was all "a bit of fun" a couple of weeks back, its starting to get pretty serious now.

Bit of a fairytale going on and long may it continue.

:nufc:

:up:

Good post, although a bit naive regarding a couple of loose passes from Tiote ;)

If you aren't dreaming at the moment there's something wrong. We're bliss at the moment.

Did you read his pre-match conference the other day? Was obviously quizzed about turning down Ba and claimed that he reckons their medical lot got it right - then turned on us (the fans) saying we've short memories seeing as we never wanted Pardew in.

What the hell did that second bit have to do with the game? Deluded fucker :lol:

if we finished in 3rd place, highly unlikely but within the realms of possibility.

Think a lot depends on Arsenal's form over the next 5 (remember - they've played a game more than us, but they do have a better GD). Don't like to predict results for us but we might drop a few points in our remaining fixtures as they're all hard games (including an in-form Wigan, today aside). If Arsenal don't capitalise on that, should it happen, then we may have a good chance. And on the flipside we of course need to capitalise on their results should they go our way.

Can't see Spurs getting third for the record.

Going to get stick for this - and no I haven't seen the game in any form - anyway, I'm a little disappointed we didn't score more than 3. With that said last time I checked our goal difference was still comfortably inferior to the sides around us so another goal or two might not make much of a difference.

Yet with that said I recognise just how many goals we've scored this season - instead of getting a couple of big wins and then losing or drawing, we've spread our goals out across the matches.

Also disappointed Ba didn't score but by all accounts he was superb regardless. As always as long he continues to apply himself in the right manner (i.e. not sulking), and his teammates keep scoring, it doesn't matter. He'll get his goal/s at some point over the next 3-4 weeks. Might be a penalty (haven't had one of those in a fair while), a chance to make up for Sunderland.

Did you read his pre-match conference the other day? Was obviously quizzed about turning down Ba and claimed that he reckons their medical lot got it right - then turned on us (the fans) saying we've short memories seeing as we never wanted Pardew in. What the hell did that second bit have to do with the game? Deluded fucker :lol:

Haha what a mug the man is, what is it with all these long ball lot? him and Allardyce seem to have cracked, come out with some right bollocks between them. So we're now getting slated for standing by Hughton :lol: can't win with blokes like him, I enjoyed seeing the miserable bastard in his wet charva cap throwing water bottles about.

Really unsure how you can say your medical team got it right after he's scored 16 goals and hasn't really missed many (if any) games through injury, I'd just shrug it off and say we didn't want to risk £8m rather than make a daft comment like that.

Going to get stick for this - and no I haven't seen the game in any form - anyway, I'm a little disappointed we didn't score more than 3. With that said last time I checked our goal difference was still comfortably inferior to the sides around us so another goal or two might not make much of a difference.

Yet with that said I recognise just how many goals we've scored this season - instead of getting a couple of big wins and then losing or drawing, we've spread our goals out across the matches.

Also disappointed Ba didn't score but by all accounts he was superb regardless. As always as long he continues to apply himself in the right manner (i.e. not sulking), and his teammates keep scoring, it doesn't matter. He'll get his goal/s at some point over the next 3-4 weeks. Might be a penalty (haven't had one of those in a fair while), a chance to make up for Sunderland.

Have some stick