The Fish

Liverpool Home 01/04/2012

You've won a cup and are still in with a decent shout of lifting the other; if you were to finish 8th with those two pots, would you be happy with this season? Would you swap both cups for a Champions League spot?

Scared_Person: The fact that this is even a question is testament to the fact that modern football is shit! Of course as a supporter going down to Wembley to watch your team lift a trophy is worth 100 4th place finishes. If we can win the FA cup too then it is a great achievement.

That said, in the modern world of modern football cup wins don't really pay the bills. We need regular CL football if we're ever going to get back to challenging for the league.

In conclusion I wouldn't swap. Our team isn't ready for CL football yet, and 2 cups would be a great sign of progress.

Kkjellquist: Yes and No...no other way to say it. I guess overall I would be because 5th vs. 8th after winning two cups pretty much makes no difference. That's a tough one...I think our current squad would get crushed in the CL, but that spot would attract quality players. This season I'll take the cups, but next season should be all about 4th or better.

Lachesis: 8th isn't good enough for us so would be unhappy with league position. Don't mind if we finish just outside the top four as long as we make a fight for it though. I wouldn't swap the cups as finishing 8th would be a fair reflection of our strength and playing the cream of Europe could be embarrassing in our current condition, when we've built our reputation back up recently.

Pepe Silvia: Yes and yes, strangely enough. Two trophies has to be regarded as a good season in

anyone's book. But the top 4 is where everyone wants to be, because that's where you play in the best games, compete for the signature of the best players and crucially compete for the best titles.

Your team and management have come under a lot of scrutiny over the handling of the Suarez incident, why do you think the nation reacted in the way it did to it all?

Subroc: Because Poltical Correctness has replaced Morality and Values as the arbiter of popular opinion. And because most people are too lazy and couldn't be bothered to take the hard work of thinking and prefer the media to do their thinking for them. And because the villain was a foreigner who was easily made to look like a villain instead of being an English player, and because it was not Manchester United a.k.a. Darling of the Media which was in the spotlight as the "bad guy", and because the media have a prejudice agaisnt Liverpool and Liverpudlians as being perpetual moaners and whiners.

Cpt Reina: The average fan wont have read the report, and will have been led by the hand by the media. You cant really blame them for it. But the media and The FA were hardly impartial. The club handled the whole thing incorrectly from start to finish though. It was very poorly managed.

gollne: Was badly handled by all parties in my opinion. Surely there have been more going on behind the scenes then what has been air out in the public, that much is certain if you look at the reactions from the Liverpool players and Uruguayans that have come out in support of Suarez. PR-wise though, it should have been put to bed earlier by us

El Jefe: We couldn't have handled it any worse. Our PR team was made to look ridiculously stupid. Suarez is many things but not a racist. The nation reacted the way they did because of the way the media and fa picked up on it. They wanted a high profile issue to bring the issue to the fore, and with Suarez they got it and made the most out of it. Anyone who has read the report will see how ridiculous the decision and subsequent ban was.

Kenny Dalglish was a wonderful player and is adored on Merseyside (in much the same way Keegan is loved on Tyneside) but it seems that the support he received initially is waning; is this a fair assessment?

Mingle: He is the man for LFC… at the moment. He has steadied the ship and won a cup, which the likes of NUFC, Villa etc would love. His buys are questionable and needs addressing but HE is the man for the job and I hiope the owners listen to the real fans who know whats best. LFC nut nuts calling for his head have short memories...

Red Rabbit: They're whoopers. The ones who don't back him. If they don't understand what Kenny is to this club, they don't understand the club. He has my full support. The league form hasn't been great, (excuses could be made) but I think we have to take it as it is, try to do better and learn from it. He's got us playing some good football (to watch anyway), a cup in the bag and *possibly* another on the way. I see a lot of difference between now and 14 months ago and that's what managers are supposed to do, isn't it? Improve the team? I'll leave the others to think in FM terms.

Subroc: I don’t think his support has waned. However, I think that there is an undeniable realisation - still suppressed by many as being somehow disloyal - that he has made some bad errors this season and he has to buck up for next season and learn from it.

Paddypower: I'd say so yeah. He was fantastic last season but changed his philosphy completely this year.

UntouchableLuis: Dalglish will always be adored by Liverpool fans in the same way that Gerrard will and other greats like Barnes and Rush. A manager should never be immune from criticism though, no matter who he is. I think most sensible Liverpool fans are willing to give Dalglish more time but at the same time a lot feel let down by our signings under him so far which for the most part have been a bit of a disaster. I think the best thing to do is wait until the season is over and assess where we go from there.

As a follow up; the players that were signed by Dalglish haven't really gelled this term, is that just because they're not good enough, or is it that they require a longer bedding in period?

gollne: I think they need to be given more time. Suarez and Carroll have looked better and better. Henderson is young and Enrique and Bellamy has been buys of the season along with Ba imo. Adam is the only one who I don't really see have a future at Anfield.

Cpt Reina: A bit of both. The likes of Henderson, Carroll, Coates, Enrique will improve and grow in to the club if given the time I feel. Adam and Downing might not. But they will at least add to our squad and provide options.

J-MC: Good question, if you know the answer then let us know please!

Carroll seems half the player he was at Newcastle, his form has considerable dropped and he's not getting the same service he got for you lot, our crossing has been woeful, with the only dangerous crosses coming from Gerrard (when he manages to beat the first man) and only then does Carroll look like he's interested. I've backed the lad to the hilt and will continue to do so, but we need to adapt to his game instead of waiting for him to adapt to ours.

Henderson was bought for the future and if Lucas hadn't of gotten injured, he wouldn't have played as much as he has. He's got the talent and the eye for a killer pass, just needs time to develop and again, patience will be needed.

Downing - waste of money.

Coates has been a great signing, still young but looks so comfortable on the ball and that overhead kick had me jizzing more than a priest in an all boys school.

Enrique has been class, although he needs to stop trying to dribble his way out of trouble, it puts him under a lot of pressure most of the time and it's going to come back and haunt him sometime soon.

Bellamy - Class

Adam has regressed from the player he was at Blackpool, personally I think he's saw Liverpool as the one big move and simple doesn't want to make the effort anymore which is a shame really, as I thought he'd add the passing game that we've missed since Alonso left.

Pepe Silvia: The buzz word seems to be transition. That and progress.

Personally, I feel like we had a good thing going in the back end of last season and instead of carefully improving that bit by bit we've ripped it up and tried to implement a whole other different style of play with different players. The glass half full point of view would be we're halfway to being successful with this new style of play and we just need 2 more players of high quality running through the spine, namely a mobile striker who can occupy the centre backs, make the right runs into the box and crucially finish (dime a dozen those, surely) and an athletic midfielder with a lot of presence. Ideally both players would be winners too. So, not a lot to ask.

Two of those signings came from Newcastle, what are you impressions of them, long and short term?

gollne: Short term: Enrique - really good. Carroll not so much.

Long term: They'll both come good in my opinion. 35m was over the top though, however hindsight and all that.

Kkjellquist: Enrique was a steal and Carroll will come good. Just wish we paid £15-20M for AC.

Paddypower: Carroll for me is a disaster both short term and long term. I am a big fan of Enrique though so I tell myself we actually paid £35m for him and £6m for Carroll, makes it easier! Still feels like Carroll is a rip off though ;)

El Jefe: Enrique has come in and fit straight into the team, couldn't be happier for the price we paid.

Carroll i feel partly sorry for. Everyone can see we massively overpaid and then to make matters worse, we don't play a style that suits him. Having said that i don't see him having a future at the club. He lacks the quality to link up play effectively and i honestly don't see him ever developing the attitude to become a top player. I would love to be proved wrong though.

How do you think you're going to be affected by the FFP?

Suspect Package: It's all a great mystery how it'll affect everyone really, especially with Manchester City already finding loopholes to avoid it. If it levels the playing field and avoids the scenario of clubs teetering on administration and bankruptcy (e.g. Leeds, Portsmouth, Rangers...nearly us) I welcome it.

DutchRed: For the better. We've got excellent sponsor deals at the moment and two clubs who are currently better than us, Chelsea and Man City, will fall away.

Lachesis: Can't really judge. I'd say we're putting the right things in place to make sure we aren't affected by it. We can still make a slight loss each season and be in regulation and with wages the largest running cost we're doing well.

Pepe Silvia: Most of the time we spend what we earn. We've had 3 big summers under both American owners, but also 2 summers where we broke even. I think we'll be OK because we seem to have competitive, long term sponsorship deals in place which should compensate somewhat for lack of CL football, but until we get into the top 4 we won't be able to be in a position to financially compete for the best players and the longer we're out of it the harder it will be to get back in.

Who is your Liverpool player of the season thus far?

gollne: Lucas was until his injury. Now i'd say Skrtel, he has been immense.

J-MC: Lucas, Agger or Skrtel, they've all been top class this season prior to injuries. Skrtel has looked solid all season and has definately been our most consistent performer.

Lachesis: I know Johnson has been injured a bit but I think both our full backs have been superb (Enrique as well)

Leivapool: Lucas pre injury, Skrtel since. If Agger didn't keep breaking his ribs he'd be up there too. Credit to Suarez who's continued to fight for the team when surrounded by a sea of defenders and LFC mediocrity

Who has been the biggest disappointment?

gollne: Combined team effort against lesser teams have been disgraceful at times. As has some fans on the boards though. I guess you get what you deserve.

J-MC: For me, it's been Adam, he showed a lot of promise, but that went downhill once he signed for us the fucker.

Lachesis: Probably Gerrard. When he came back I think people had been holding on for it, thinking that we just needed him to come in and change our fortunes. In truth he has looked a pale shadow of the player we know, anonymous in most games he's been in. As a captain as well I haven't seen much in way of that defiant streak he has.

Andy @ Allerton : Gerrard looks past it nowdays. If he insists on playing in midfield then we see player after player after player just running past him. He hasn't got the legs any more. If he plays central mid against Newcastle then you'll see it first hand. The midfield will be yours and we will lose.

Carragher - one of my favourite players at the club - has got to go. His legs have gone and although his spirit is willing, the flesh is weak. The game has just gone pasts him sadly and with the position he plays any mistakes are highlighted fairly often with goals.

Pepe Silvia: Carroll or Henderson. One could say that's harsh as they're both young players who are making their first move away from hometown clubs to one with much higher expectations. One could instead point to Downing who's 27 and has plenty of experience behind him and despite all that looks just as mentally weak and contributed almost as little. But I can't help it. They're like symbols for the stupor the team is in and its dim prospects going forward.

Which Premier League players have impressed?

Andy @ Allerton: Ba was a good signing for Newcastle (Dodgy knees included). Overall it's been a bit of a rubbish year with very, very little class or polish in any team. Been a poor season this season. Very poor.

Lachesis: Sessegnon has looked useful. Scott Parker has answered the question about the ceiling of his ability I think. Sturridge has looked good and Ba has exceeded all expectations.

El Jefe: I've been very impressed with Arteta. Unlike our 'premier league proven' buys he's made the step up to a top club and not looked out of his depth. Shrewd short-term buy by Wenger.

gollne: Van Persie is the obvious one surely. However Vorm, Ba (atleast in the first half of the season) and Joe Allen deserve a mention.

Cpt Reina: Is this a loaded question? Ba has been a very shrewd acquisition on your part. Given our woes in front of goal its been hard watching Van Persie have the season he's had.

J-MC: Vorm, Krul, Ba, Allen, Dyer, Sinclair, Holt, Drenthe, Jelavic and even Yakubu have all looked good this season.

Kkjellquist: Ba, RvP, Mata, Silva, Holt, Joe Hart....lots of great players.

Suspect Package: Silva, Van Persie, Rooney, Sinclair, Cabaye (I'd love him), Kompany, Skrtel,

UntouchableLuis: Mata, Rooney, Ba, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Valencia, Sturridge and Mclean to name a few.

DutchRed: A lot. All of your signing for starters, Vorm isn't to bad either. And I love watching David Silva play.

Paddypower: My team of the season so far would be: Hart, Johnson, Skrtel, Kompany, Enrique, Silva, Cabaye, Dempsey, Mata, Ba, RVP

Pepe Silvia: Most of your lot, probably. I knew Demba Ba would be a good signing as he scored goals for West Ham (one of them against us) and fits right into your manager's preferred style of play but that still, he's been fantastic. I didn't know about Cabaye and some of his performances and the goals that he's scored have been top class (and made me wonder what the point of having a Fench DoF is). Gutierrez is probably one of the hardest working wingers in the league and Krul has made the step up and could rightfully challenge Hart as having been the best keeper in the league this season

Which Premier League Managers have impressed?

Cpt Reina: Has to be Ferguson doesnt it. Through gritted teeth. To have that squad with the injuries they've had top of the league is a big achievement.

J-MC: Brendan Rogers.

Shannon: Arsene Wenger through the adversity he faced in the first few he has managed a top 3 position, I reluctantly have to say Ferguson because when I look at United on paper they look rubbish but always seem to grind out wins, Martin O'Neill for turning Sunderland's fortunes, Steve Kean for all the shit he took and has lifted Blackburn out of the relegation zone with virtually zero support from the fans.

Lachesis: Hard to look beyond Swanseas manager to be honest. Di Matteo has also had a short but extraordinary effect since standing in at Chelsea. Pardew is doing well at your place at what you'd consider his first 'big' club with real expectation. Not sure about Mancini - I often thought no matter how much money they'd spend he's always be the weakest link. I suppose it depends on if he wins the title.

Who will be your danger man/men against Newcastle?

Suspect Package: Suarez obviously and there's always the "against his former club" chance of Carroll getting a goal. I'd like to see Sterling and Shelvey get on the pitch at some point though as a surprise package against you.

Lachesis: Downing has come into form recently, think Enrique will want to vindicate himself having moved and now being below you lot in the table. Suarez is always a handful as well.

DutchRed: Suarez, obviously. And Gerrard and Kuyt love scoring against you.

Serbian Red: Luis Suarez. The one world class player we have that can actually threaten teams and when he gets the ball I get to the edge of my seat. Very creative and can turn defences inside out in the blink of an eye but his finishing is not very good.

Garception: Downing, I understand your right side is much weaker defensively than the left so if we get

joy down either flank it will be the left and hence Downing.

Finally, what do you reckon the score will be?

gollne: 2-3 win for Liverpool.

Cpt Reina: 4-3 to us ;)

J-MC: 2-1 but to who, I don't know. We tend to up our game against the teams above us however you're still a dangerous side, especially at home.

Kkjellquist 1-1

Paddypower: 2-1 to Liverpool, can't see us allowing you to humilate us and move even further ahead. No disrespect intended.

Suspect Package: Either it'll be another dogshit boring 0-0, or there'll be comedy defending on both sides....4-3 to Liverpool? ;)

El Jefe: Score draw.

UntouchableLuis: Score draw, probably a 1-1.

Lachesis: 2-2

DutchRed: We're at our best when nobody expects us to do anything. We'll win. 3-4, perhaps?

Serbian Red: Heart says 2/3-0 to us as we finally sort ourselves out but head says 2-1 to you. Our recent form can not be ignored.

Leivapool: If Agger isn't fit and Carra plays, i'd be quote worried, 3-0 to you. If we can pick our best centre backs then 1 -0 to you. We struggle to score you see...........!

Pepe Silvia: 0-0.

Andy @ Allerton: Going to be a well fought game I think. I think we'll score a couple. I think Gerrard will play in midfield which means that you'll just be able to run through there with no one stopping you and then I think you'll encounter Carragher at Centre back. So basically the game is yours. I can't see you scoring less than 3 if Gerrard is in the centre and Carra at Centre back.

So.. 3-2 Newcastle.

Edited by The Fish

Swansea Away - 06/04/2012

Swansea have impressed (and surprised) a lot of people in the Premier League. With all due respect, can you keep the players who've performed well if "bigger" clubs come calling? and if not who do you expect to lose?

Double Decker -
Many of our established players have seen many, many team mates leave for 'bigger' clubs only to become bench warmers at best. If an established top 6 club (no disrespect but not Newcastle who are punching way above their weight at the moment) most would go.

Joe Allon's Dentist -

BrendanRodgersBarmyArmy -
I don't expect to lose anyone, but at the same time i know that there is a chance we could lose our high profile players and our manager. Fingers crossed all will stay put.

Glass half full Jack
- All clubs will be open to good genuine offers for the best players. Ours are Vorm , Williams , Taylor , Joe Allen , Dyer , Scotty. And of course Mr Rodgers.

How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the previously unrecognised ability of the players?

Double Decker
50 - 50 our players play a style that has been established in Swansea for some years.

Joe Allon's Dentist
We are a team on and off the pitch. This includes the players, management team and the people of the City and County of Swansea. We are playing the same way that we did last season - only now the penny has dropped with the more ignorant media types.

The players have been outstanding, as have the management. I think it would be unfair to give too much regonition to Rodgers for this season, but at the same time it would be unfair not to give him credit. It's a mix of both, but i guess before Rodgers time here i couldn't have dreamed of such a season so i think he's been the key to it all.

Glass half full Jack
The management have progressed the football culture of this club and the players have been magnificent in response.

What's a realistic aim for Swansea next season?

Double Decker
Stay in the league

Joe Allon's Dentist
10th - 12
th
Centre half, two full backs and another striker

BrendanRodgersBarmyArmy
17th.

Glass half full Jack
Survival. Nothing else matters.

Where do Swansea need to strengthen to achieve this?

Double Decker
Keep the squad including Gylfi, dominant centre back if Caulker goes back to Spurs, another lone forward who will get 12 - 15 goals.

Joe Allon's Dentist
Centre half, two full backs and another striker

We don't need to strengthen as such, we just need to keep hold of what we've got. If we were to sign Sigurdsson permanantly it would help an awful lot. I guess we need better strength in depth and we need to replace Steven Caulker. Should we do this we should stay up next season no problem

Glass half full Jack
Back up keeper , Central Defender , Full back cover , Buy Gylfi and another 10-15 goal a season striker.

Despite coming close for a few years Cardiff haven't quite made it, would you like to see them in the top flight?

Double Decker
Who?

Joe Allon's Dentist
It would be a miracle if that happened as they always 'Cardiff it' i.e. bottle it. The reputation of their fans do not deserve Premier League football.

No and yes. No as i don't have any sort of respect for Cardiff, and yes because it would be two easy wins.

Glass half full Jack
NO.

What has been your biggest frustration this season (can be performances, players, opposition, media, fans, anything)?

Double Decker
Not having a ground big enough for long service fans to be regular supporters.

Joe Allon's Dentist
Apart from these endless questionnaires? ;-D, i would say the media suddenly waking up to the way we play (despite playing this way last season) and poor Brendan having to answer the same tedious questions from the national media plebs. The fans of away clubs have been a pleasure to host.

Opposition fans to be honest. Just a major let down, particularly my trip to Anfield. Away fans haven't been particularly good all season either, hope Newcastle raise the standards of away fans to the Liberty on Friday.

Glass half full Jack
Over expectation of some of our fans who cannot take a defeat.

Which managers have impressed you this season?

Double Decker
Brendan, Lambert, Pardew, Di Mateo, Fergusson.

Joe Allon's Dentist
Martin O'Neill (genuinely)

Brendan of course, along with Paul Lambert, David Moyes and Alan Pardew.

Glass half full Jack
Moyles . Done us twice !! Pardew in making Newcastle decent again.

Which Premier League Players have stood out?

DDouble Decker - Aguero Drogba

Joe Allon's Dentist
Gareth Bale for being very good and Stephen Warnock for being very bad

Micah Richards. Gareth Bale. David Silva.

Glass half full Jack
Kaboul , RVP .

Which are your danger men that we should be looking out for?

Double Decker
Let you know some time after 4.45 on Friday

Joe Allon's Dentist
Nathan Dyer and Gylfi Siggardson

Nathan Dyer. Unplayable on his day, he should be back in the starting line up and he's likely to be up against Jonas Guiterrez who looked your poorest player on Sunday. Gylfi Sigurdsson as well, in goalscoring form. Hasn't scored at home yet, but seeing as he's already scored 6 away from home one is bound to go in at home sooner by the end of the season.

Glass half full Jack
All of them are capable.

Which Newcastle players are you worried about?

Double Decker
Be serious - none of them.

Joe Allon's Dentist
Alan Shearer and Warren Barton

Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba, Krul, Tiote, Cabaye. I'm glad Coloccini's missing.

Glass half full Jack
All of them but your strikers are awesome.

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Swansea, one without).

Double Decker
Swans v Spurs at home & ... don't really watch anyone else unless they're playing us

Joe Allon's Dentist
Swansea v Arsenal and Sunderland v Man City

Swansea City 1-0 Manchester City, Wales 4-1 Norway

Glass half full Jack
The 1-1 against Spurs - magnificent game of football. Cardiff 0 Hull 3 .. Really enjoyed that one !!

Which away fans have impressed you the most (not including Newcastle)?

Double Decker
You haven't been here yet! Not really sure any have; the likes of Forest, Leeds and Doncaster were all a level up on what we've experienced this season.

Joe Allon's Dentist
Wigan for coming to the game in a minibus and Everton for being very loud.

Away fans at the Liberty? Spurs. Away fans in general? Swans

Glass half full Jack
Norwich were good , sang all the way through but all the others are a sing when winning crowd and there ain't been too much of that !!

Bolton Home - 09/04/2012

While the football under Allardyce was derided as one dimensional long ball turgid shit, he never looked like he’d get you relegated. Do you miss the boring security the saggy faced oaf brought you?

Mrpiccollo:
slagging off the manager you wankers unsettled then took from us only to be so narrowminded that you had him sacked within a season and you have the audacity to come to a bolton forum with a question like that get F$%k off

Gail Platz:
I miss his interviews on MOTD but I don't miss his shitty football.

Harry Genshaw:
No. We had 2 or 3 years of good football in the early days. By the end it was as exactly as you describe it.

Sprout:
He only played one-dimensional football against the bigger teams; and those matches were all we ever got telly coverage. But ask yourself, how can a team with Jay-Jay Okocha and Youri Djorkaeff
ever
be one-dimensional? It's an impossibility. Do I miss him? A lot of the current problems still stem from the last few months of the Allardyce tenure when he lost interest.

Hoboh:
The "saggy faced oaf" happens to be a decent manager except in the eyes of "we are the real Baca" fools like you lot!

Do you miss Gary Cahill? How has Tim Ream done so far?

Annoyed Grunt:
Not particularly. Ream will get better the more time/games he gets.

m_taylor:
I think we miss his goals more than his defending as Ream seems to be a good buy.

Billy Bradshaw:
Don't think we've really missed Gary Cahill. I think our defence has been let down by our nidfield on many occasions.

Woody:
No, not really. Tim Ream is a very good player. If I have any prediction for the future of English football, we will continue to see American players coming over here and looking far superior to anything we can produce for the next decade or so. Dempsey and Holden are just the beginning.

How much have the injuries to Holden and Lee affected your season?

xxxxxx:
Put it this way, we wouldn't be in relegation battle.

Gail Platz:
A hell of a lot. I think Mark Davies has deputised for Holden quite well but we've missed Lee so much. We've had to endure the pain of seeing nancy boy powder puff Chris Eagles played there, and Ryo has hardly set the world alight (even though some Bolton fans seem to think he's the next Pele)

Billy Bradshaw:
Massively. The two flair players in the team. Mark Davies, Petrov and Eagles are not of the same quality. Both Holden and Chungy could turn a game.

Hoboh:
A lot more so with our half wit manager not getting decent cover in for them

Do you think Adam Bogdan's fluorescent pink jersey goes well with his ginger hair?

Gail Platz:
I preferred his orange top, he looked more like a wotsit.

Annoyed Grunt:
It's actually Cerise

Crazy Horse:
Yes. Yes I do.

Bobo the Clown:
Cerise. It's cerise. How many times .... ?... and, personally, I blame this or our poor season, our injury list, poor Fab's illness and our terrible home form. Moreover, for the continuing crisis in Syria and the boat-race fiasco.

How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the players?

m_taylor:
The players are to blame for me. Coyle hasn't helped at times but the players need to step up and be counted now.

TANGODANCER:
Shared responsibilities.

Sprout:
Mostly the players, most of who are championship-level at best. But it's the (wider) management team wo have put us into the position of having no other choice and Coyle has failed to consistently play to our (few) strengths.

Woody:
You mean why we're down in the bottom five? It's everything. Coyle's very naive but our players are also pretty damn shit. Playing the top five clubs in our opening six games set the tone as well. Start the season by getting spanked up and down the country for a solid month and you're in for a long ride.

Billy Bradshaw:
As always (good season or bad) it's a mixture of both. But I do think that the Bolton manager has always had to try and make the best of a bad job. We have nothing for transfers and probably pay much less in wages than many PL teams. Coyle has made his share of mistakes, but I think his hands are tied due to mediocre talent.

Crazy Horse:
Not the management team, just our stubborn manager.

What's a realistic aim for Bolton next season? Where do Bolton need to strengthen to achieve this?

mrpiccollo:
if we survive this year midtable with cup run would be nice (id settle for that)
Need to strengthen?
get cyl and holden back and playing and get a bit more solidity in cdm and lb

Hoboh:
Dream? mid table Prem, nightmare, mid table Chumpionship.
Need to strengthen?
New Gaffer

Sprout:
If
we stay up and
if
Holden and Lee are back and on form and
if
we can improve the defence then I'd like to say 13th/14th in the PL. But there's a lot of
ifs
there.
Need to strengthen?
Defence is crucial, and ideally a striker. We potentially have a midfield if they recover.

Woody:
Promotion? Championship solidarity? Get Stuart Holden to kick a ball? Win a trophy? Push for top half in the Premier League? I guess it depends what happens this season doesn't it.

Need to strengthen?
In every position.

What has been your biggest frustration this season (can be performances, players, opposition, media, fans, anything)?

Gail Platz:
Coyle's persistence in picking Darren Pratley and not putting Muamba in a 5-man midfield (obviously before the incident)

Woody:
Injuries. And, at times, Coyle. Oh and Darren f*cking Pratley.

Billy Bradshaw:
Throwing points away against teams we shouldn't. Not just throwing those points away, but gifting wins to meagre opposition.

TANGODANCER:
Hope killing us.

mrpiccollo:
kenny dalgleish going from legend to hero to savior to villain in 1 season is amasing only a few managers could pull this off

le god:
Definitely Brendan Rodgers and David Moyes.. both fantastic managers who've got the best out of very little (take note Coyle)

Crazy Horse:
Yours has proven all the skeptics wrong. The bastard

m_taylor:
Paul Lambert at Norwich, average players all playing for each other.

Gail Platz:
Pardew - Got rid of the overpaid shit and every signing has been a huge success. Really envious of your side, Papiss Cisse looks a hell of a player.

Billy Bradshaw:
Quite a few, but I'd say that the number seems to dwindle every season. I think the PL is fairly mediocre outside the top 3 or 4.

Harry Grenshaw:
Vorm, Holt, Cabaye, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Sprout:
Van Persie and Torres for completely different reasons

le god:
Marouane Fellaini, he's an absolute demon.

Woody:
Klasnic. But he'll only be on for the last 20 minutes when we're 5-0 down.

Billy Bradshaw:
For a minute, I thought you were taking the pish
:D
. If Petrov feels like playing, he can be a handful. Mark Davies can turn it on occasionally. Miyaichi is a future star for Arsenal. Kevin Davies is always a handful. I would start him in this game.

m_taylor:
Ryo Miyaichi if he is not burnt out

Annoyed Grunt:
Erm.....danger men...........hmmmmm, no, haven't got any.

Gail Platz:
Marcos Alonso is our biggest danger man, in that he's absolutely shocking and Ben Arfa is going to be creaming his pants playing on his wing.

TANGODANCER:
All those that will start Monday.

Gail Platz:
As above, Ben Arfa is going to tear Alonso a new arsehole.

le god:
Obviously Ba and Cisse, but that said Shola Ameobi could bag 4 against us even though he'd be out of place at Radcliffe Borough.

Bdi:
Papiss Cisse, Hatem Ben Arfa and Demba BA. Cisse seem to be enjoying life at Newcastle and appears to be scoring for fun.

Billy Bradshaw:
Just the ones in the stripey shirts.

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Bolton, one without)

Woody:
There hasn't really been any for Bolton and I don't really watch much other football.

Jokers in White:
Bolton beating Liverpool 3-1, Man City beating Man Utd 6-0 at Old Trafford

Mar:
Getting revenge against Stoke 5-0 at the Reebok. United beating Arsenal 8-2 and losing to City 6-1. Okay thats three listed but WTF.

xxxxxx:
Our 5-0 win against Stoke. And Wigan away to Liverpool.

Which away fans have impressed you the most/least?

mrpiccollo:
most spurs, least stoke

xxxxxx:
All of them for their support for Muamba.

TANGODANCER:
Tottenham....Wolves.

Mar:
Blackburn for finally knowing what its like to be a Wanderer. Criticising Blackburn and chanting Bolton players names. Who'd've thunk it.

What do you predict the score to be?

mrpiccollo:
nufc 1 - 3 bwfc were shite we know it but were gonna stay up and we probably will beat you as its one of those against all odds things that often happens in football

le god:
Whats the record premier league score? 9-0, I'm actually worried that could go.

Gail Platz:
4-0 to you lot.

Hoboh:
4 or 5 nowt to the barcodes

bdi:
Always the eternal optimist, so hoping that Newcastle come out with a slight complacency, and that we can nick somethin from you. I did predict a Bolton Win, but would be more than happy with a Draw.

xxxxxx:
I would prefer us not to turn up give you the 3-0 win, because I honestly think we'll lose more than that, especially if he plays Pratley and Alonso next game.

Billy Bradshaw:
In our own prediction league, I went for 2-0 to you. Nothing I heard and saw yesterday has caused me to change that. The teams at the bottom seem to be springing surprises against the top 8, but we have never looked like doing it.

Tony Pulis wears a suit for interviews and tracksuit and cap for the game... what's up with that?

Angry44
– He is the finest chav to come from Newport

Stokiejoeofalsager
– He's quite active on the sidelines so wears suitable clothing and wants to look smart in interviews i guess.

redsaturday
– nothing it's quite practical

Jamo on the Wing
– Nothing, I like tracksuit managers. I don't get suits on the touchline? Would you wear a tracksuit to an office job?

There's a term getting more and more use "negative football", is there such a thing and isn't it just a different way of winning?

Stokeyhunter
– Yeah there is. When results go your way it isn't an issue as you're providing the evidence to back up the football however, when you see your team play against the likes of Wigan and Aston Villa and play very negative and make no attempt to win a game against. going by the table, less opposition it is frustrating.

Leicspotter
– Cautious is the word I would use

Stokie12345
– Yes, but i'd call "Negative football" unattacking football. And it's served Swansea alright!

RAF
– Yes and I think we can play that way at times when Pulis doesn't employ both our wingers. But I also think we get bad press when we don't deserve it

Istokie
– No such thing, don't understand how you can measure football in a negative/positive way. Different styles of course.

Should Crouch go to the Euros?

Stokiejoeofalsager
– yes. scored 22 in 42 and has been proven it's not just against the weak teams.

Boyceys been up the attic
– Who is the alternative

Sheikhmomo
– Without a shadow of a doubt

PotterLog
– Yes because he offers something different.

As football fans, how do you react to complaints about changing your pitch size between Premier League and Europa games?

redsaturday
– we only lost one home game(valencia 1-0) with the wider pitch it irritates me we play with wingers but don't give them an attacking advantage

Stokeyhunter
– I honestly don't care. Both the Premier League and Europa League have different pitch sizes and as long as it is in them sizes it is fair. Arsenal play to a big pitch to suit their game so why shouldn't we?

RAF
– I haven't heard any complaints.

Istokie
– Quite funny, doesn't bother me in the slightest and I doubt many others.

Stokiejoeofalsager
– we dont. its within the bloody rules. its just people making excuses because they can't beat 'little old stoke' and we dont roll over for them (at home anyway).

Angry 44
– Do your homework, we've had the same size pitch, which I must add is legal, in the Prem since we came up. Everton have the same size pitch and nobody moans, but they do just because it's SToke. In Europa the rules are slightly different and we had to make the pitch bigger to follow the regulations.

Ryan Shotton seems to be getting more and more games, and Delap less and less. Is there more to his game than simply being a replacement Trebuchet?

Stokie12345
– Absolutley. He's developing into a very good Prem Right Back

Jamo on the Wing
– If you looked at how often we score from long throws nowadays you'd realise that it isn't that much of an issue.

Stokeyhunter
– People may disagree but i honestly think he is hopeless as a right midfielder and offers us nothing. Defensively he is okay but needs time and experience to improve. I wouldn't play him or Delap personally.

Leicspotter
– Shotton has been used to cover injuries at RB / provide some protection. Some games we have both on the pitch...nowt to do with throw ins

RAF
– I think he is an alright player, but I definitely think he is being used more for his throw than his actual ability on the field.

Sheikhmomo
– Delap is fading fast sadly, he could still have a cameo role next season though. Shotton is a full back and I have no problem with him playing there, On the wing he’s useless.

Angry 44
– Yes, once again, do your homework. Shotton and Delap play different positions. Also have a look at Opta stats, Shotton is often one of our most influential players(which is taken from successful tackles, interceptions, passes and attack)

These questions may seem to have Stoke labelled a one-dimensional side: 'Long ball, big men in box, scrap for a goal' from the Sam Allardyce school, but this a consensus opinion from other fans. Is this fair?

Angry 44
– It's how it's phrased, we do lump it to the big man a lot, and rely on set pieces and big men. Why is this a bad thing though? It's effective a lot of the time, just like Swansea's style is for them for example.

Stok eyhunte r
– I think t he view has some validity about it at times when we can be horrifying to watch for Stoke fans let alone away fans. However, i feel other times the media try and portray us in a negative light when it isn't justified. Last year we played some excellent football beating you guys 4-0, Wolves 3-0, Arsenal 3-1 and Bolton 5-0 but yet people still didn't give us the credit we deserved.

Leicspotter
– Mainly bullshit and lazy journalism. Pulis has a theory that you don't score goals in your own half...guess what, he's right

Stokie12345
– Fair this season more than most, but we can still play when the right players are on the pitch

How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the players?

Angry 44
– What do you mean? Are you saying we are having a bad season? Hardly, mid-table with a european adventure under our belt. Don't forget before the beginning of the season your fans would have settled for this.

RAF
– Some of the shocking defensive set-ups TP put out earlier on in the season were ridiculous and we suffered for it. I also think he is scared of certain teams away from home and tends to look at them as bonus matches and doesn't really set the team up to win, rather try and park the bus and sneak a draw. I also think that the players have let him down in some matches this year.

Istokie
–50/50 Players working their bollocks of and done well with balancing the team over so many games.

Jamo on the Wing
– Our season is far from over and given how many games we've played in the Europa and in getting to the Q/F's of the FA Cup, a possible top half finish would be pretty impressive. We have looked leggy in games but you'd expect that.

Stokeyhunter
– At times TP can actually hinder us. For example trying to play Huth out of position or not play Pennant but often his tactics will be spot on and will get us points. Players like Crouch do deserve credit for getting us points though when we have been poor so it is a balance i believe. As for Pardew he deserves 100% credit for your season and my manager of the season. The players have responded to his tactics and played for him so he deserves significant praise.

What's a realistic aim for Stoke next season? Where do Stoke need to strengthen to achieve this?

RAF
– Top ten finish, another good cup run. We need a couple of fullbacks, at least one winger for cover and at least one pacy midfielder who can pass to feet, hold the ball up with when needs be and tackle properly.

– Top half and a cup. A new manager and scouting network

Sheikhmomo
– Top half, good cup run. We need a left back but we’ve needed one for about 10 years

PotterLog
– Top half. Wingers, full backs and CMs.

Jamo on the Wing
– Keep progressing step by step again. We are a well run club who know there place but have ambitions. Our cup run last year suggests we could try and win one of the cups without the distraction of Europe but its not quite as easy as that as your lot know.

Who has been your player of the season?

– It might have been Pennant if he had played, Probably Huth or the much underated Whitehead

redsaturday
– huth no question he's emense and ard as fuck

Jamo on the Win
g – Ryan Shawcross, the best young defender in England by a country mile.

Angry 44
– Shawcross, he's a rock

Stokie12345
– The fact that our fans' expectations have grown, and the atmosphere has dwindled at the Brit. This and some poor performances, many players not finding fitness/form, and getting hammered at Bolton

redsaturday
– tactics and pennant situation

Stokeyhunter – Honestly, we were told many of times by TP we had a three year plan and would expand from after the first three seasons however, this season we seemed to have gone backwards in terms of attacking football and intent in games. Still have 100% support in Pulis though.

– Playing the B team in Valencia after 6000 plus stokies had travelled.

Sheikhmomo
– We remain timid and lifeless away against the bigger teams. The white flag goes up before we’ve got on the pitch most of the time

Stokie12345
– Pardew, Lambert and Rodgers should be the contenders for manager of the year (With Pardew the winner)

redsaturday
– yours easily manager of the season

Stokeyhunter
– Like i said Pardew has been magnificent. People will go on about Rogers of course but i feel Lambert has had the weaker team and done a better job.

Boyceys been up the attic – Pardew, Mick Mcarthy ( a gentleman to the end) worst managers Wenger and King Kenny NO CLASS

Sheikhmomo
– Pardew the most to be fair. Lambert and Rogers have done very well but both are in danger of winning the Phil Brown memorial ‘believing their own hype’ trophy

Stokiejoeofalsager
– Roberto martinez

Stokie12345 –
Van Persie has been by far and away the best in the league

redsaturday
– sinclair swansea/ demba fucking ba(not bitter)

Stokeyhunter
– Cabaye. I'm a very big fan of the guy and i believe he is the reason for the performances of Demba Ba and Cisse

– Scott Sinclair shagging Rosie Webster and still has the strength to play

Sheikhmomo
– Again can’t look too far away from your mob. Ba/Cisse/Cabaye. Elsewhere Sigurdsson of Swansea

Leicspotter
– van Persie

RAF
– Sessegnon, Vorm, Aguero, Dempsey, Tiote

Istokie –
I like Kightly, Moses and obviously RVP has hand a blinding season, shame he's a cunt.

Stokiejoeofalsager
– van persie, papiss cisse etc

Jamo on the Wing
– Aguero, great debut season.

Angry 44
– Scholes, he is still solid and an important player for Man Unitd

PotterLog
– Scholes, Moses, Assou-Ekoto, Ox-Chambo...

redsaturday
– none away from home, ok maybe huth from a corner

RAF
– Pennant, Crouch, Etherington, Huth

Istokie
– Diao

Stokiejoeofalsager
– wingers are our main attecking threat pennant and etherington. crouchy for obvious reasons. fuller if he comes on. jerome fir his pace. huth from set pieces.

Angry 44
– Crouch and Pennant, double up on them and you'll be fine

Stokie12345
– Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye....oh dear, it's gonna be a massacre

Angry 44
– Cisse obviously

– Ba, sods law isn't it

Sheikhmomo –
All of them. I’ve been waiting for the bubble to burst but it hasn’t, you’re a good side. Perhaps your centre halves can be got at.

PotterLog
– I' d rather not answer that.
:(

Istokie
– Ameobi

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Stoke, one without)

Stokie12345
– With Stoke: 1-1 vs Man City at home...Crouch's wonderstrike, a sensational atmosphere and making Mancini and Co look like little boys lost - Without: Barca cracking 7 past Leverkusen was wonderful

Angry 44
– Besiktas away, we lost 3-1 after Upson being sent off for GBH, but the best day of my footballing life by a distance. I enjoyed the Chelsea 4-1 Napoli game, found myself supporting Chelsea.

Istokie
– Loved watching Wigan stuff Man you Gotta be Stoke Valencia

Stokeyhunter
– Stoke vs Man City. Not just for Crouch's goal but we had a real go at them and played the better football and with ten minutes left you'd have expected Stoke to be defending for their lives but we looked the more likely and could have won. The North London derby with Arsenal coming back from two nil down was brilliant.

RAF
– Stoke v Man City. Man City 7 Manure 2

Stokeyhunter
– Least is easy Wolves. Fighting for their lives and an hour down the road and about 200 turned up, pathetic. For most i would say Beskitas in the Europa League. You could hear them an hour before kick off 20 minutes away from the ground and there wasn't even many of them.

RAF
– Most-Besiktas Least-Chelsea+The Victims

Leicspotter –
Most - Swansea. least Liverpool

redsaturday
– most Swansea, least man citeh mard arse bastards

Sheikhmomo
– Norwich came in numbers and were chippy. Extremely deluded mind. They think they are Holland circa 1974

Stokiejoeofalsager
– none have really impressed me. fulham fans are crap.

Stokie12345
– Most: Besiktas and Hajduk Split in Europe. Walls of noise and true passion not seen often in England. Least: Liverpool for their pig-headed delusion and idiocy after Suarezgate, Chelsea for their treatment of the Hillsborough minutes silence and Wolves for turning on the man who would've kept them up

Angry 44 – Besiktas again, their fans are mental. The worst are probably Bolton fans, they barely made a peep despite hammering us

Leicspotter – not 0-0

redsaturday – 2-0

Stokie12345 – Same as the Brit - Newcastle 3 Stoke 1 with an all too predictable Ba hattrick rubbing salt into the wound

Angry 44 – 2-0 to Newcastle, both teams will be poor, you have the pressure, but we'll just 'do a Stoke' and gift the points.

Istokie – 1-1

Jamo on the Wing – 0-0

Boyceys been up the attic – Bloody hell it could be anything, ' 1'll go for 0-0

Sheikhmomo – Head - A routine 2-0 to you. Heart – A Classic 0-1 Stoke away performance a la Everton

• 2 weeks later...

Wigan A 28/04/2012

TyldesleyLatic

You're 3rd in the form guide and have taken the scalps of the 2 of the top 3 and decent midtable outfits like Stoke and Liverpool. Is it simply the shadow of relegation that's spurred on your players, or is there another factor?

I think there’s bit of the “relegation fear factor” there but truth is that it’s been coming for a while. The 1st seeds weer sewn back in December when the manager switched to this new formation. The second stage came at the end of February when Jean Beausejour was signed & it gave the team balance down the left hand side (we’d previously been playing a central midfielder at wing back) + bringing McArthur in to midfield & then the final piece in the jigsaw came when Shaun Maloney was brought in to replace Gomez & it gave the team a bit more graft without the ball & speed with it. Its not just the games since the back end of March where the improvement has come. Our points tally per game since 1st feb evened out over a 38 game season would have us on 60pts

A lot of fans appreciate the style that Wigan play and are worried about who will be able to provide the best pies in the premier league next season?

You must have some shite pies up your way because the ones in at latics give me heartburn

Positives are hard to come by in a season that may end in relegation, but surely the performances of Moses and McCarthy have provided a little sunshine? Just how good are they?

Prior to this run since February, McCarthy hadn’t played well for over 12 months & you wouldn’t have had much argument from Latics fans if he’d been dropped. Its helped him having his ex Hamilton team mate James McArthur alongside him. He’s alright but he’s not as special as his media reputation would suggest he is

Victor Moses has the potential to be a great player but he is along way from that at present. His final decision making can be atrocious. Shoots when he should pass & then the shot is crap or his final ball is poor which ruins some of the great approach play he is capable of. Way too early for him to leave Latics because if he continued to make the regular mistakes he makes at Latics at another club I don’t think he’d find their fans as forgiving & he’d spend alot of time on the bench or out of the squad. To improve further he needs to play every week & he’ll get that at Wigan – his improvement this season (which is the first where he’s been a regular) is evidence of that

If Wigan go down, which players do you expect to leave the club?

Mohamed Diame, Hugo Rodallega, Victor Moses & James McCarthy although I think 2 or 3 of those will be going this summer any way (the first 2 are out of contract & Rodallega has said he will be leaving this summer)

Has Martinez done a good job on the whole and do you see him being snapped up/jumping ship if you go down?

Possibly the most devisive question you could have asked. He’s not without his critics (me included). In his defence he has had to operate under a vastly reduced budget to any of his (top flight) predecessors & he is trying to restructure (with some success if you ask some) the club from top to bottom. Against him at times over the last 3 seasons the 1st team have played some awful stuff & received some absolute kickings (9-1 to Spurs, 8-0 to Chelsea), he’s tried to shoehorn players into a formation, positions & tactics to which they clearly weren’t suited. He’s seemed unable or extremely slow to learn from his mistakes & some of his team selections & substitutions have been baffling. Some of his signings have been dire but in his defence haven’t all managers

He does now however seemed to have hit on a way of playing that suits everyone at the club & if he keeps us up he has achieved his brief from the chairman

As to whether he would jump ship if we got relegated – I don’t think so. He does have a genuine love for the club & I think he’d see it as his duty to get us back up. Will he be snapped up? Eventually but to go this summer I think it would take a special club & I don’t think any of those will want him

The relationship between Roberto Martinez and your owner seems a genuine friendship, Should Whelan have been more cut-throat and brought in another man earlier on?

If you’d asked me 6 weeks ago I would have said yes. At the moment I’d say I don’t know. Ask me again at 6pm on May 13th!!!

I think it’s down to the management in having found a system & tactics that suit the squad. This has bred a confidence & that can be seen in the way they’re playing

What's a realistic aim for Wigan next season? Where do Wigan need to strengthen to achieve this?

The ultimate aim is always going to be staying up. If we manage that this season then I think a realistic aim next season could be a nice safe season. To achieve that I think Bobby would need to bring in a striker who is ideally suited to playing the lone striker role because at the moment, none of them are

It’s s toss up between Al Habsi & Gary Caldwell

A lack of a finishing touch has cost Latics points in so many games. Off the top of my head I can think of at least 10 games where missed opportunities have cost us in games in which the team dominated

As much as I dislike him as a person (in how he comes across in the media) & this goes back to his days at Reading it would be hard to argue that Pardew’s achievements this season (regardless of where Newcastle finish) haven’t been the most impressive

Van Persie

I wouldn’t worry about a danger man as such. It’s very much a team thing at Latics at the moment. Moses & Maloney’s pace can cause havoc though

Your front 2

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Wigan, one without)

For Latics, the 2-1 win at Arsenal. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a more complete performance & deserved result as that since Latics got promoted

For somebody else, Chelsea’s last night

Can’t say I ever go to a game & think away fans have impressed me (possibly once against Millwall) but as for the least it would have to be Blackburn – I know they have their problems but it was as if they couldn’t wait for their team to go behind for the protests to start, then they’d equalise & be happy as Larry, then go behind again & the banners were unfurled once more. Bearing in mind that it was 3-3 this up & down support was really evident

2 (or 3) – 1 to Newcastle

Chelsea Away 02/05/2012

Torres? I mean, the guys is clearly a talented footballer, what's happened since leaving Liverpool and will he come good (as recent performances seem to suggest) or will he have to be moved on?

rsp2009
– He's come good.

paulw66
– Starting to come good – think we will and have to stick with him as we’d be selling at a huge loss. It has taken time for him to adapt to us and visa versa.

Ross
– This guy obviously has talent but Liverpool got rid of him at the right time..He'd been playing pretty poorly for them 12 months before he signed for Chels (due to injuries IMO) I still think if a decent bid comes in for him in the summer then Chelsea will accept..

Exiledblue –
I always felt he was trying, he came back a lot and now having scored he will be more trusted, I always felt he wasn't getting the ball often enough from some players

With Chelsea's starting line-up having an average age of 28, are you expecting wholesale changes in the summer or just the replacement of a few key players? Or do your successes prove that the recent trend towards younger teams isn't a guarantee of anything?

Ross –
I am hoping we do have wholesale changes like we should of done when we won the double two years ago. Instead the board gave players new contracts on more money, this i think led to them not playing for the club anymore, they'd lost their will to win and love for the club as they'd received their last big paycheck, Anelka aside and maybe even Drogba (China,US maybe?) These guys wont get the money they're on at Chelsea anywhere else..

paulw66 –
We need younger players for sure and the clubs targets are clearly now in 23-25 age bracket (Luiz, Ramires, Mata and for next year De Bruyne 20 and Marin 23). That said, Lampard, Terry, Drogba etc can still contribute. When United use Scholes and Giggs they get praised to high heaven. When we use Lampard and Drogba, we are relying on old guard. Double standards.

rsp2009 –
I think we need to replace a few of the players - Malouda, Kalou, Meireles most notably, and bring in some younger talent.

bluepuma –
I'd hope for evolution rather than evolution. Observers look at the age of Terry, Lampard, Drogba and Essien, but forget that Mata, Sturridge, Luiz, Ramires and Cahill are all on the scene now, all at the right end of their 20's and indicate that the change has already started.

Speaking of youth, other than Sturridge, McEachran and Bertrand are there any other youth prospects to watch out for?

rsp2009 –
Nathaniel Chalobah although he's still very young, Sam Hutchinson (if he counts as youth), Lucas Piazon.

paulw66 –
Nathanal Chalobah, defender or DM, captains England above his age group. Islam Feruz is supposed to be a red hot CF, aged 16

Ross –
Youth wise we have a very good Youth/Reserve setup..Personally i'd suggest you watch out for Lucas Piazon, Islam Feruz, Nathaniel Chalobah, Tomas Kalas, Kakuta (i know but he is still young and coming back this summer) Plus others who are 16/17 who in a couple of years should (he says) be in or around the first team. Plus we have many youngsters out on loan who hopefully will return either this or next summer once they have a good amount of experience under their belts.

bluepuma –
Chelsea have a good academy (regulars in the FA Youth Cup final and winning 4-0 after the first leg of this year's final) but seem to struggle to turn its prospects into first team regulars - so far at least. Lucas Piazon is probably the stand out talent of that group but it's too early to say how far he can go. Probably our best 'bubbling under' prospects aren't academy products at all - Kevin de Bruyne (on loan at Genk) and 'keeper Thibaut Courtois (on loan at Athletico Madrid) - neither have ever worn a Chelsea shirt at any level.

Chelsea fans were heard to jeer and boo Anton Ferdinand when you played last weekend and there was a notable disruption of the silence for Hillbrough; was this representative of Chelsea fans feelings in general to the ttwo issues or just a vocal minority?

Ross –
Both the booing at Wembley and at home to QPR was disgusting in my opinion. The Wembley incident was a small minority but against QPR it was most of the ground.. Now are they actually booing someone for being racially (allegedly) abused on a football pitch?? Then have the nerve to judge Luis Suarez for the same thing?? At times Chelsea fans really disappoint me with their behaviour but that's ignorance in football for you..I for one was upset that they were booing as it just shows we're no different to any other country who racially abuse players and fans who aren't white!!

paulw66 –
Bit of both. Anton hasn’t helped the JT situation and has been keen to stir the pot. The Hilsborough thing was just ridiculous. Why was it even acknowledged at a game not involving Liverpool some 23 years after the event? Not condoning the interruption but an early evening kick off and all day on the booze, this was always going to happen.

rsp2009 –
Of course not, it was a minority of idiots.

Exiledblue –
Personally I think the Ferdinand thing has dragged on too long, the charge has hung over JTs head for the whole season. I think player abuse happens every game against black, white pink, yellow, short, tall and fat players. Will frank be taking every fan that calls him names to court? I dont think so it not nice but will always happen. Regarding Hilsborough, I think they were wrong to expect Chelsea and Spurs fans to accept it after a day in the boozer. There is still a great deal of thought that the liverpool fans charging the gates were the cause

Media and rent-a-quotes seem to be suggesting Chelsea have had a disappointing season, despite you having two trophies within your grasp. Is this because the English Press only use league position as a marker, or something else?

Exiledblue –
We have been an easy target for a long time and dont always help ourselves, we are not the first club to have had money, we are not the last and there will be many more but we were the first for a while to actually have created and maintained a team for a longer period and the old, heavily supported, guard dont like it

Paulw66 –
Partly, but also a couple of months ago not only was our league form terrible but we never looked like doing anything in the cups either. If AVB was still in charge we would be nowhere near the CL or FA Cup finals. That said, the league is your bread and butter and the league position doesn’t lie.

Rsp2009 –
If we manage to make fourth place and win both finals then lets see what the media are saying
;)

Ross –
The thing is with Chels (media wise) we're the victims of our own success, you don't see Arsenal getting the treatment from the media like Chelsea do nor have Man City had to deal with the same shit that we have. Frankly AVB didn't help by losing the plot towards the English media the way he did. Once you get on their wrong side they will chew you up and spit you out in an instance. Yes we could potentially win both the FA Cup and the Champions League but i like most fans judge the season on what position you finish in the league. Cup runs come with a lot of luck where as your league is a whole season of graft and strength.

Why does Abramovich go through managers so quickly, is his only measure for success the Champions League AND the Premier League?

Ross –
God only knows why Roman goes through so many managers, we won the double under Ancelotti but it still wasn't enough. I personally think we don't have any football minded people on the 'board' upstairs. Only money hungry business men who want instant success every year. Would they sack Guardiola for not winning every trophy every year...Possibly... If Mourinho came back would they sack him for not winning every year...More than likely.. What upsets me is that we have become a laughing stock of English football as everyone knows you lose a few games and you could get sacked..The amount of money they spent on AVB just to sack him half way through was another chapter in the life and times of Roman Abramovich

Rsp2009 –
As much as I love Roman for all he's done for the club, he's too impatient and wants instant success when bringing a manager in and because of this it's made it more difficult for a manager to build the club for the long term e.g. bringing younger players through.

Paulw66 –
You’d need to ask him. Of all the managerial sackings, to me the only one that was harsh was Ancellotti. Mourinho was always going to leave and try and conquer Spain and Italy.

Exiledblue –
No idea, maybe its a cultural thing. Perhaps in Russia there is less tolerance of employees not doing what's expected immediately.

Is Roberto Di Matteo the man for the job full time, or is he riding the "New Manager" wave? If not him, then who?

Exiledblue –
He could be but so far as an interim he hasn't had to upset anybody, if he is that will have to change and we should buy early in the summer to give time to rebuild unity before next season

Paulw66 –
I would give it to him. He knows the club, the players and has shown tactical acumen far greater than most expected.

Rsp2009 –
Still not too sure, if we win both finals then I think it's a given that he has to stay.

Ross
I think what RdM has done at Chelsea shows the players had no respect for AVB as they're playing out their skins for Di Matteo and at times didn't give more than 50% for AVB.. I would give him the job full time though as he has been brilliant at Chelsea. I just wish we didn't shit on people like Steve Clarke or Ray Wilkins as they're brilliant coaches with both knowledge of the game and how to talk to players on a personal level. Something which has been missing in the club for a few years now.

This morning you were linked with Redknapp (with his face like a melted welly), do you think he could make the step up from performing well to actually competing for honours?

Ross –
As for Harry Redknapp..This guy has only won the Championship with Portsmouth 6/7 years ago and an FA Cup a few years later..He's now a great manager and personally i don't know why people rate him so highly. I think what Pardew has done at Newcastle this season outshines what Redknapp has done at Tottenham during his tenure at the club. I'd be really disappointed if Chelsea approached him as their new manager.

Rsp2009 –
No thanks

Paulw66 –
I can’t asnwer this without being very rude

Exiledblue –
No thanks

The Chelsea physio is bang tidy, well done. Not a question as such I suppose. But still, a marked improvement on the usual fat knacker.

Ross –
Chelsea physio...Badoiiiiing

Rsp2009 –
Yep.

Paulw66 –
Agreed. Have definitely done worse.

Exiledblue –
absolutely

bluepuma –
GIven that we've basically played two half-seasons - one under AVB and one under RDM - one pretty disastrous and one exceedingly all expections... as they say, you do the maths...

Ross –
This season is down to both management and the players. The players didn't want to play for or respect AVB and now they do respect and play for Di Matteo. Its upsetting as a fan that these so called legends of the club can mess about like that. AVB had a vision to change the average age/playing style and general outlook at Chelsea but he should of made those changes in the summer rather than push players aside (Anelka/Alex) and treat players with disrespect (Lampard/Torres etc) It didn't work out for him and he lost the dressing room way before he was sacked.

Rsp2009 –
I think it's a mixture of both. AVB obviously didn't have the players on side which made it more of a struggle for him but RDM has motivated each and every one of the players.

Paulw66 –
Both. The buck stops with the manager which is why he went but big players were underperforming

Exiledblue –
It takes 2, AVB was a little brash, the players a little self cocky and the 2 didn't mix

What's a realistic aim for Chelsea next season? Where do Chelsea need to strengthen to achieve this?

bluepuma –

Ross –
Next season i want to see Chelsea pushing for the title. That's my honest opinion. It will be harder but with good/clever investment in the summer and both youth/returning loan players mixed with the team we have it could be a good year for us. I still think we need a RB and some with. Yes we bought Marin & De Bruyne but i still think we need width/skill in out team. With Kakuta returning and the emergence of Piazon we could have some good wing play next year..Time shall tell..

Rsp2009 –
I think with the right signings we could compete for the title. We need to bring in a creative midfielder and a couple of wingers.

Paulw66 –
I think we need to be closer than where we are now, maybe within 10 points of first as opposed to the 20+ we are currently adrift. Pace and width very required. Another good go in the CL is par too.

Exiledblue –
CL again is a minimum, we need to lose a few of our great old boys and a few of our no hopers and I would include most specifically Kalou and Malouda

bluepuma –
Mata. Simple as.

Ross –
My player of the year has to be Ramires. Most people would say Mata and i understand that but when Ramires isn't in the team we have no pace/energy whatsoever and he has scored some crucial and brilliant goals this season. He has been brilliant all season and will be out biggest loss for the Champions league final against Bayern

Rsp2009 –
Ramires or Mata.

Paulw66 –
Mata, Ramires.....could argue Cech, JT and Cole too for pure consistency. Mata has been the creative spark though

Exiledblue –
Ramires, despite my early doubts

bluepuma –
Just how badly the AVB "project" went. Right plan, maybe even the right person - but definitely the wrong time.

Ross –
Biggest frustration has been the players disrespect towards the fans whilst under AVB, yes you may not have like him but you're supposed to play for the club and fans first and not your egos.

Rsp2009 –
I think it has to be some of our lacklustre performances towards the end of AVB's reign.

Paulw66 –
Media – the JT saga has been blown out of all proportion. AVB’s ineptitude at doing the obvious is up there too. RdM has shown what this group of players can achieve. We should be sitting in the top 3 with CL qualification already assured.

Exiledblue –
Team selection and with AVB the obsession to make changes.....if it aint broke dont change it

bluepuma –
Brendan Rodgers (ex Chels...)

Ross –
Pardew and Rodgers have impressed me the most. Pardew with his sneaky signings and Rodgers with his at times breathtaking football which for a promoted club is both refreshing and great to see in English football

Rsp2009 –
Rodgers, Lambert, Pardew, Di Matteo.

Paulw66 –
Pardew, Lambert, Rogers.

Exiledblue –
Pardew, never expected you in the top 4.

Ross –
Aguero,RVP,Kompany, Cabaye, Silva, Mata, Ramires, Valencia, Jones & Rooney have been my favourite players to watch this season

Rsp2009 –
Aguero, Silva, Sigurdsson, Vorm, Valencia, Ben Arfa, Krul.

Paulw66 –
Cisse (yours, not QPR’s), Silva, RvP.....usual lot.

Exiledblue –
Silva

Ross –
Ramires, Torres (cant believe i wrote that) & Mata is who you should be watching for..Even Kalou is playing well tbh

Rsp2009 –
Ramires, Mata, Torres
;)

Paulw66 –
Mata, Torres, Drogba......depends who gets picked.

Exiledblue –
All of them if they turn up in the mood

Ross –
Personally worried about Cisse as he has been on fire since he came to England

Rsp2009 –
Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba are the obvious candidates.

Paulw66 –
The front 3.......Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa

Exiledblue –
None, think we have enough wise heads to handle them

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Chelsea, one without)

Ross –
Chelsea' away to Barcelona or the semi final Vs Tottenham. One without Chelsea would have to the 6-1 away win for City at Old Trafford

Rsp2009 –
Both of our games against Utd, and the other would have to be City 6 - 1 United.

Paulw66 –
Chelsea has to be away in Barca. Non Chelsea......United – Everton was a great game.

Exiledblue –
Barca both games

Which fans have impressed you the most/least?

bluepuma –
European fans normally make a decent racket, but the Barca away mob were unusually muted.

Ross –
Wigan fans are almost non existant..Reminds of Wimbledon in the prem all those years ago. The best fans are probably any away fans in the prem, newcastles are always loud and proud wherever they go.

Paulw66 –
Don’t know about the most. Your lot always travel well and in numbers. Least – QPR or Spurs.....both leaving well early when getting spanked.

Exiledblue –
Barca fans always disappoint, they expect so much and are happy if its gotten unfairly

And finally what do you predict the score to be?

bluepuma –
I'm hoping your 'wobble' continues! 2-1 Chelsea.

Ross –
Hopefully we win 2-0 tonight but i'd love it to be 3-0..But i wouldn't be surprised if it were 2-1 or 4-2 Chelsea

Rsp2009 –
1-0 to Chelsea.

Paulw66 –
Narrow home win.......2-1

Exiledblue –
Comfortable home win, we are going well

Edited by The Fish

Class how they all went for a home win. Didn't give us a look in.

Neither did most of us, mind. :D Seemed like decent enough lads I thought, at least compared with some of the knackers Fish manages to unearth!

Neither did most of us, mind. :D Seemed like decent enough lads I thought, at least compared with some of the knackers Fish manages to unearth!

I'm not sure if just emailing one of the mods/admin from the boards would be a better idea than posting a stack of questions on their boards? Almost like a "proper" interview, and then put the standard "Who's been impressive/whats the biggest disappointment/what do you think the score will be" on their message board.

Whaddya reckon?

I like this way, cross section of mongs and decent people

also

Exiledblue – All of them if they turn up in the mood

Exiledblue – None, think we have enough wise heads to handle them

:crylaughin:

I like this way, cross section of mongs and decent people

also

Exiledblue – All of them if they turn up in the mood

Exiledblue – None, think we have enough wise heads to handle them

:crylaughin:

Read his reply to the Anton Ferdinand Hillsborough booing question. The guy is a mong.

Man City Home 06/05/2012

Is Tevez proof that nobody cares what you do off the pitch as long as you perform on it?

Bluemoon73 –
We put our faith in Roberto and stand behind his every decision

Gerrygowsjockstrap –
No, the situation should have been sorted out behind closed doors then forgotten.

Huddersfield
Blue –
The Tevez situation is unique in world football, I think it is a one off, and I think the club have handled it well. I want rid in the summer, but because we are challenging 'them' for the title, I want us to win it anyway we can.

Bongo Joe –
No, I think the way players behave off the pitch is important too. He ultimately apologised and the manager forgave him which in turn meant we did as well I think. Better to pay him and have him playing than be paying him and have him playing golf on the other side of the world, whatever happened.

Along the same lines; Balotelli has lit up the Premier League, both with his headline grabbing performances and his "antics". Does he have a place at Eastlands or will he be moved on?

MCFC BOB -
I think he has a place at City, but only if he can cut out the childish antics that have landed us with negative press every week of the season. I do like that side of Mario when he's handing out money in Manchester after a Derby win, or having the audacity to bicycle-kick a ball in to give us the lead. But when he's letting his naivity get too much in the way of his performance and general mannerisms it does beg the question of whether his potential is worth what he's put us through.

ElanJo -
As far as I'm concerned, he has 1 more season to show us the player he can be. If he wants to f0ck up his career he can go and do it in Milan with Cassano. If he wants to fulfill his potential and be amongst the top 3 players on the planet I'd love him to stay.

Bartinbarca2 -
Balotelli is a genius, he will come good one day. In addition he has got a whole new group of people into football that would have never shown intrest, just ask people from housing estates like the APE of Moss Side.

IH8MUFC -
Balotelli definitely has a place here. He is a class act. His penalty taking ability is worth a fair few points a season. Could well be very important if a champions league game goes to penalties. Add to that moments of brilliance against United and Sunderland as well as others.

Marvin -
He is over-rated. About the only player I'd want to sell.

Firkinbarsteward
- One last chance. I dont know about you but I was a right twat at 21. I cringe when I think of some of the things I did.

The Champions League must have been a massive disappointment, was it too much too soon, tactical naivety or something else? As a follow up what happened with the Europa League exit?

Bluenjamin -
We did pretty well in our first attempt, 10 points is usually enough, just the disappointing result at Napoli done us. With regard to Europa we and Manure we're very much in it but I think the league battle took precedent and our eye of the ball!

Halfpenny -
I think our Champions League 'failure' is overplayed somewhat. We were in by far the toughest overall group, and our points total would've sent us through in most of the other groups. I think we were unlucky. I count our exit from the Europa as a blessing in disguise: if we'd beaten Sporting we'd have faced a trip to Metalist Kharkiv, and I think we wouldn't be in this position now if we'd stayed in it.

Firkinbarsteward
- Naivety and lack of cohesion as a team.

Marvin -
Bayern will win it, and we missed out by going to Bayern and trying to attack them. Did the same to Napoli. We could have won the Europa League if we had prioritised it as Sporting were not very good.

ManCitizens. -
Disappointment? Far from it, we finished with 10/18 points in the group of death. Yes I would have liked to have gone through but i enjoyed the experience. I was however disappointed with our Europa exit.

When you saw you 8pt lead disappear, did you think you were copying our collapse of 95/96 and what happened to get you back on track?

ElanJo -
I don't recall being 8pts clear, I don't really count the times when Utd play like 5 mins after our game. TBH, a mix of complacency (we were thrashing everyone and looked destined to win the league), ACN, injuries at CB, and some rough refereeing decisions (eg. 1st defeat vs Chelsea) and Silva's loss is what f 0 cked us. And Utd went on one hell of a run.

Huddersfield
Blue -
First up, it was a 5 point lead once we had played the same number of games, and well, really, I think the players just got their heads down and worked. No presure allowed free flowing football and the grit from the likes of Barry, Kompany and Aguero ground out results.

Bluenjamin -
We were bound to have the odd blip here and there and it wasn't just are poor form at the time it was the 3 or 4 dodgy decisions that got them back in the race, thankfully we regained are mojo and they got carried away as usual.

Blue>Red –
Everyone thought it was over, you could see after our game at the Emirates, especially looking at Lescott, Kompany and Hart that the gap seemed too far. Then all we could do was win our games and leave the rest up to the other teams and thank god for the likes of Everton and Wigan, doing us huge favours. Also, the introduction of Tevez and Aguero upfront cannot be overlooked.

How much of an impact do you see the FFP having?

bluemoon73 –
Protects the elite and takes a big shit on all the other clubs

IH8MUFC –
FFP will be around until one of the big clubs i.e united, Arsenal, Madrid, AC Milano fail to comply and it will be wiped out again.

IcelandicBlue –
None, the Sheikh is too good a businessman.

Jimmymart –
Don't think it will deny anyone of European football that would be stupid. It will damage them as much as us.

Bluenjamin –
Not a lot, so many other teams with debt problems if they focus on us, then the world we'll see the UEFA and G18 for the shithouses they are. I'd bank on our owners being savvy enough to deal with anything thrown at them.

Waspish –
Zero...our turn over in 3 to 5 years will be 300m+

Halfpenny –
I think we'll find a way round it, there will always be loopholes. I think we climbed the ladder before UEFA pulled it up.

Marvin –
None for City, but it will kill football, and there will be a glass ceiling though which it will be very difficult to break through.

Are you lot taking as much delight from Liverpool's disastrous league season as we are?

Blue>Red –
Oh it’s hilarious!

Jimmymart –
YES!

IH8MUFC –
Yes, I hate the dippers

Gerrygowsjockstrap –
don’t look at their results, they are not fighting for a euro place

Bluenjamin –
fuck the dippers and their midtable mediocrity, glad they lost today. So that would be a yes!

Pezzer2 -
Its fantastic. Title winners every year according to the most deluded set of fans going. They keep referring to their history and the famous Kop Anfield is one of the worst grounds for atmosphere. Im sure Geordies agree

firkinbarsteward -
Yes!! Fed up with the media sychophancy where "King Kenny" is concerned. Hes a miserable ignorant fuck wit.

Honestly, how did you feel when Chelsea were buying the title a few years ago, and how do you feel now?

Bluenjamin –
We ain’t the first but we might be the last so fuck the hypocritical cunts, way I see it you’re either in the A ) wish it was your club or B ) on of the sky4 sh0tting themselves over lost CL money either way way fuck em!

Halfpenny -
I felt envious, but who wouldn't? I know we're not going to have everyone on side, and I understand it, but I can honestly say I didn't 'hate' them for it.

firkinbarsteward -
Wished it was us then. Thankful its us now. I feel no guilt about the money. No set of fans (and I include the geordies) are as loyal as the City fans. We have been down to div 3 and had record season ticket sales. Thick and thin mate.

Pezzer2 -
To be honest Its not bothered me, I was admittedly jealous but would rather them win something than Arsenal, United or Liverpool. I dont agree with what they done but who can begrudge the fans a bit of success. Same with us, no club can have sustained success and break the monopoly of the big 4 without a massive cash injection. I would prefer it if we had a squad of Mancunians delivering success on a shoe string budget BUT realistically it will never happen. Any other fan who wouldn't love our owners at there helm are lying. Its jealousy pure and simple and im loving the hatred to our club for once RATHER than poor old little city, everyones favourite club.

The Scarlet Pimpernel -
yeah felt it was wrong, kind of feel our money is wrong too but its the whole system which is wrong really - without this cash, manure and co would be top forever. FFP will only seal the top teams into position - some fair play hey? load of shit!

Balti -
Was pleased for them tbh. Teams have always bought the title. Nothing new. Some teams have tried to buy it but failed. I'm sure you know all about that though. I'm fucking delighted now thanks. Hypocrites.

Danburge82 -
Honestly, I was happy for them. They bought our best player and I didn't moan or bitch about Chelsea once. The Sky clubs monopolised English football to suit themselves and keep themselves at the top; they needed breaking up. With that they had the help of UEFA and the G14 clubs where they all tried to monopolise football to keep themseles all in the CL and gain all the money keeping them rich and everyone else poor and no threat. Huge investment in clubs is great for football. I'm sick of seeing them stinking clubs in Spain at the top year on year; Bayern are so powerful they just buy everyone else's good players; United and Liverpool are fucking horrible clubs - fuck all of them! They have no right to anything! In business you have to invest to improve. To be the best you have to invest heavily. In a well established industry you have to invest like never seen before to succeed. Football is a business. Platini can fuck off. The Rags, Bayern München, Barcelona and all the rest can fuck off! Good on anyone who wants to invest to break the monopolised cartel! Good luck to Malaga and PSG I hope they really succeed!

Worth mentioning here that this question seemed to get the most visceral replies, it also got a lot of ‘As long as someone was beating the Rags, we don’t care’ responses, that’s why I’ve included so many answers.

Do you think Mancini will be there next season? do you want him to be?

Bluemoon73 –
Yes and forza Mancini

IH8MUFC –
I think Mancini will be here next season. I am happy if he stays or goes. He has made very good signings and has taken us up a level

Jimmymart –
He will and I hope he remains our manager for many years

Marvin –
Not sure. Whispers he will resign

Firkinbarsteward –
yes and most definitely yes. It took whisky nose 4 years to land a trophy at the richest club in the world and 7 years for a title

Huddersfield
Blue –
I believe it has to be down to the players. People like Kompany seem to lift the team more than David Platt and co.

Bongo Joe –
I think the staff have been very good, particularly Mancini in these last few weeks. I think he’s beaten Ferguson at his own game, whatever happens now. Platt and Kidd both seem to play their part too. The players have been brilliant though and they’ve gotten us back into this with some brilliant performances.

Skashion –
The management procured the players and has greatly improved the ones we already had.

Dass –
I personally think that managers are too overrated in football. If a team play terrible it’s always the managers fault. Although a manager may have got something tactically wrong for a team to play bad, there is as high of a chance that the team played bad.

Jonny on the spot
Look at our player of the month polls (8 different winners this season?). Says a lot about the squad. Kompany is imperious - serious captain material and the league's best defender. Bobby now seems to be steering a title push with wit and authority - winning mind games with baconface week after week.

What's a realistic aim for Man City next season? Where do Man City need to strengthen to achieve this?

goatboy -
A title defence or re-newed challenge, whichever the case may be. I'd sign Phil Dowd from Liverpool, Howard Webb and Chris Foy from United and Mark Clattenburg from Arsenal.... Haha! In honesty the squad is strong but needs greater depth - it's a smaller squad than most seem to believe, especially when Yaya and Kolo go to the ACN again. A Pirlo/ Viera type midfielder to strengthen midfield, an attacking midfielder to help cover Dave Silva and Sam Nasri, and an experienced, possibly 30 ish centre half as primary cover for Kompany and Lescott

Bilboblue -
Top 2 in the prem and knockout stages/ 1/4 finals of the Champions league, signing Edin Hazard and Papiss Cisse (joking)

Why Always Ste
- Same as this season, competing for the League and a definite Champs League progression, quarter finals? Domestic cups I'm not too bothered about, I feel we should be using our young talent such as Denis Suarez and John Guidetti in these cups.

Blue>Red -
We need to keep building, so another title challenge alongside a European push, perhaps the QFs of the champions league or beyond. It depends on any departures but at the moment we have a world class squad, the only thing I think we lack is extra width as a back up plan, then in the front line itself it depends on Tevez/Balotelli and whether they leave. At the back I think we are sorted, although if Kolo leaves us, I'd like a decent centre half as there is not too much trust in Savic at the min....

danburge82 -
The realistic aim for every season ongoing is to primarily and most importantly challenge for the title. Then to get as far as we can in Europe and any cup competitions we can win will be bonuses. To sustain challenges like this we need to just get a slightly bigger squad (Kompany was suspended and Lescott injured and we lacked a bit of quality in central defence; and when we're struggling to break a team down we look to the bench for a tricky wide player and have just Johnson). I'd add a few young up and coming players like Javi Martinez, Victor Moses or Nathan Dyer to our squad. Our full strength starting XI is as good as it gets anywhere, but nobody has that available every week.

Why always Ste
-
David Silva. Alot has happened but I remind myself where this club has been and think it could easily slip away... But soon as He made that pass to Dzeko to make it 6-1 against the Rags I realised where we are now interms of quality... Immense player.

Dass
-
So many too choose from. Hart because he's great, Richards for his progression in to England's best right back, Kompany and Lescott for being amazingly solid, Clichy for being the only great left back i've seen at city, Barry for his distribution and his efforts infront of the front four, Yaya for his strength/speed/skill and we missed him so much when he went to the ACoN, Silva for his amazing start of the season or Aguero just for being amazing. Would probably go for Aguero, with Kompany and Lescott joint second.

Waspish -
That's a tough one we have quite a lot of player of the season in our squad and that's probably why we are challenging for the title. If I had to pick Kompany and Yaya we struggle big time with either one of these missing

Blue>Red -
Wow. Im going to go for Aguero, I think he's been sensational all season. Silva was immense for the first half, then quietened with his ankle problem and now appears to have found his form again, if you asked me in January it would have been him. Mentions also to Yaya, Kompany, Lescott and Barry.

Halfpenny
-
For me, it was Yaya. He's been absolutely quality. Though there are far too many to choose from, Kompany, Silva and Aguero are equally deserving. Even Clichy, he's played brilliantly of late.

Why always Ste
-
The negative press. constantly reading bullshit that's purely written to rally other football fans into reading this shit. The more you read, the more you believe and the more money they will make. We've been whored by the media to cover their columns and news channels, gossip websites... I can take the stories but when I speak with other fans from other clubs - they actually believe these stories - it's crazy..

IcelandicBlue
-
Seeing Balotelli fuck up time and again. I really wish the lad the best and hope he succeeds but if he doesn't get his act together he won't get anywhere.

firkinbarsteward
-
Media. Always looking for the negative. Obsessed with the money and totally unwilling to give Mancini any credit for what he has achieved in just over 2 seasons in a foreign league in a foreign country. Also a complete lack of respect for the owners who are putting £500m in to one of the poorest parts of our city and creating 1300 new jobs.

Blue>Red -
Refereeing decisions for the rags and against us. Apart from that, Mario Balotelli. His actions on the pitch annoyed me more than the whole Tevez thing.

ManCitizens
-
The media, refereeing decisions and tippy tappy Arsenal like football that put us 8 points behind the rags.

Firkinbarsteward –
David Moyes as always and your very own Alan Pardue. Also Bredan Rogers

Mansour’s tow ropes –
Pardew, Rodgers, Di Matteo

Huddersfield
Blue –
Pardew and Woy, on and off the field, pure class

MCFC BOB –
Alex Ferguson, Alan Pardew, Paul Lambert, Brendand Rodgers, John Terry, Dider Drogba, Frank Lampard

Bongo Joe –
The way Brendan Rodgers has got Swansea playing is fantastic. It's great to see them play that way and be fairly successful. Pardew has done a brilliant job in building you up. His signings have been great and for me that's the standout thing. Lambert also deserves a mention too for doing so well in keeping Norwich up with relative ease.

Why Always Ste
- Brendan Rodgers. His football at Swansea has been great to watch, I wasn't too impressed by them at the start of the season when they came to our stadium, but when we went down to their stadium the football they played was upper-premier league quality.... Playing the game the correct way. Alan Pardew. I was surprised really as when Barton, Nolan, Enrique, Carroll All left I thought You guys would struggle as Enrique in particular I was impressed by. But he's made some decent signings, had you guys playing together as a team and the football has been good to watch (Hopefully you'll be shit against us)

Bartinbarca2
- Alan PArdrew. SAF and Roberto Mancini. Pardrew : Newcastle against the odds have achived the impossible of even what their own fans expect, today we play them and we are more worried about them turning us over than our niegghbours.

MattD -
RVP. Rooney. Kompany. Hart. Silva. Aguero. Cisse. Tiote. Cabaye. Bale. Holt. Krul. Dempsey. Mata. Valencia.

Kun -
A load of your gang (Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Coloccini), RVP, Valencia, Sessegnon, Vorm, Siggurdsson, and Shaun Maloney

ElanJo -
Clint Dempsey. I won't bother naming the others since others will

Huddersfield
Blue -
Ben Arfa and Krul from you, Rooney, Mata, Vorm, RVP, there's a few! Ba and Cisse are awesome as well.

Bongo Joe -
Robin van Persie has had a brilliant season. I'd like to think Sergio Aguero has stood out to other fans. Cisse for you has had a great impact since January and Demba Ba was great before that

bluemoon73 -
We have 11 players capable of magic

IcelandicBlue -
Our dwarven frontline of Tevez, Agüero, Nasri and Silva. Also watch out for Clichy, Richards, Touré and some subs like Dzeko and Balotelli.

Blue>Red -
Our front 4 to start, Tevez, Aguero, Nasri, Silva. Then Yaya driving forward. Depending on who we play at right back, Micah is a very powerful guy who gave your defence a tough time at our place last time around. It sounds ridiculous but im still pinching myself at the players we have!

Marvin -
Nasri and Lescott from set pieces

ManCitizens -
Aguero, Tevez, Yaya, Nasri, Silva and our full backs.

waspish -
Cisse because you can't defend against the goals he scores

firkinbarsteward -
Tiote and Papiss

FeedTheGoat10 -
I'm having nightmares about Ba and Cisse, especially after Cisse's goals the other night

Dass -
Cisse could be a threat if he manages to get away from Kompany and Lescott. It will also be interesting how Clichy copes with Ben Arfa. In my opinion, except from Collocini and Simpson (when fit), your defense isn't amazing.

1961_vintage -
Ben Arfa - a quality footballer. Plus Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse, oh and your goalie is pretty decent to!

goatboy -
Your front 3 is the best attacking unit in the league (after ours of course!) ;oP

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Man City, one without)

Laertes -
The 1-6 and the 4-4 draw between Everton and United (mainly for what it allowed us to do).

waspish -
The Arsenal vs Norwich today and obviously the 1-6

Marvin -
1-6 and Wigan 1-0 Utd

ManCitizens -
City 6 Utd 1. Rags 4 Everton 4

mansour's tow ropes -
the 6-1 and also the 3-0 newcastle v united or the 3-2 united and blackburn

Huddersfield
Blue -
I was at the 6-1, it was incredible. You lot beating 'them' 3-0 was great to, Phil Jones' finish was something to behold. Your recent win at Stamford Bridge was good too!

Bongo Joe -
Napoli and Bayern's fans were the best we've seen at the Etihad overall. United's fans were very poor last week. Your lot were probably the best in the league to be fair, said that at the time!

FeedTheGoat10 -
Most, compared to previous seasons has been ours. Not saying we've been the best in the league but we've had some pretty good positive support this year even when we've been f0cking up. Chanting Mancini's name all match at Blackburn was top. Least, Liverpool's with all that about Suarez.

Laertes -
The Napoli fans impressed me with an entirely mental celebration in the Champions League and I remember being impressed by the Swansea fans at the start of the season but nobody
really
stands out.

Huddersfield Blue -
Swansea and Newcastle top as always, Sunderland and Chelsea idiots.

Why Always Ste -
Hmm, Anfield was an absolute shit atmosphere... Full of tourist's, where's that infamous Kop Roar? all sky marketing bullshit. Swansea away... We lost 1-0 but their fans way before they scored were singing non-stop, constantly making noise, Superb support, crap result for us

Bluemoon73 –
1-3

IcelandicBlue –
1-1

Jimmymart –
2-3

Blue>Red –
1-1 I’m absolutely bricking it, it means so much to you as well as, I couldn’t think of a worse fixture to play given the situation really. All the best.

Gerrygowsjockstrap –
0-2

Bluenjamin –
0-2 Would love yers to get a CL spot, yers deserve it but of course not at the expense of us winning the title.

Waspish –
This is hard to predict because of your fans the noise and encouragement you’ll give I’m going for 2-2 end to end entertaining game

Marvin –
2-0 you’re due a result against us. I’d take a draw now. I think that would be good enough as I see Utd drawing at sunderland

Firkinbarsteward –
1-2 but very, very close game

Pezzer2 –
Jesus, haven’t a clue. I’m nervous as Hell. My heart says 1-2 but my head says score draw.

Huddersfield
Blue –
1-3

Bongo Joe –
I think it will be tight, but City will get stronger as the game goes on and we’ll knick a couple towards the end. Either 1-3 or 0-2

Laertes –
Not sure. I’d like to think 1-3 but I have no idea. I’m very nervous.

Nice one Fish.  A good read, they seem a canny bunch.  When you read them reeling off their "danger men", it fucking knocks the wind right out of your sails.  I have this strange confidence about the game today but it's definitely got a slow pucture now.

Everton Away 13/05/2012

Final game of the season

Every season Moyes is complimented on a difficult job done well. Without the financial backing he could get elsewhere, how long do you think he'll stay?

GreatBrit101 -
I think he'll end up staying here for the forseeable future now the spurs job is sorted. It'll be interesting to see how contract negotiations go this time around between him and bill mind.

Bibby -
I personally think he'll leave at the end of the season, and I couldn't blame him for doing so. He deserves a chance at a club with money, although I think he'll flop.

Heiting! -
I think because 'Arry is staying at Spurs he will now continue at Everton for at least 2 years. He could well go when eventually a big club comes knocking, although it could take us by surprise this summer.

Zaitoichi -
I don't really care, he's gone stale and without the goal injection Jelavic gave us he'd still have a vast amount of Evertonians on his back, like he did in January. If we start slowly again next season he can fuck off.

Jelavic has come in and scored a hatful straight away, is he the striker you've been waiting years for? Or has his haul masked a bit of good fortune?

Heiting! -
He has been brilliant since he came in. All his goals are first touch, in the back of the net. He knows where the goal is and for a striker who we need to score goals, he will do. The only slight worry is he might over rely on service into him unlike your Cisse who can score from pretty much nothing so when we begin next season with our usual slow start it will be interesting to see how Jelavic copes.

GreatBrit101 -
When he first came in a lot of us were expecting him to struggle with the step up from the SPL to the Prem, thankfully he's proved us all wrong and been one of our best players in the 2nd half of the season. Considering that he has played up front on his own most games where he has no-one to hide any lack of skill behind proves that he is the real deal and a striker with a natural ability to find the back of the net is something we have sorely lacked since Yakubu's debut season.

Zaitoichi -
He's definitely what we've been missing. All but one of his goals have been first touches, probably the most natural goalscorer I've seen play for Everton. Fingers crossed he stays in the summer and can propel us up to a top 4 challenge.

Bibby -
Definitely the striker we've waited years for, he's an absolute poacher. His movement is nothing like a striker I've seen for Everton in my lifetime.

Has Liverpool's absolute shitter of a season taken attention from your own good season?

Bibby -
Absolutely not, we did our normal thing of starting woefully then picking up around January. I'd class this as a poor season, losing to your rivals three times in a single season can't be successful.

Zaitoichi -
We haven't had a good season. No Europe. No trophy

Heiting! -
Not at all. In usual circumstances we would be laughing into the next season but unfortunately our biggest game of the season came against them in the semi of the FA cup and we bottled it once again and ruined our chances once again of ending our cup drought.

GreatBrit101 -
Not really, aside from the cup semi and the refereeing controversies at the goodison derby we've more or less left them to it.

Baines is (again) being linked with "big clubs", are you worried about losing him?

Zaitoichi -
I don't think he'll go. United won't pay the £20m+ it should take to get him, he's the best left back in the league and £10m is an insult

GreatBrit101 -
Unless one of the Manchester sides want him and are willing to pay £30m+ then no. He's already said he dosent want to move too far away so that would rule him out of a move out of the north west and City & United represent the only step up in career terms for him. United would have to unseat their captain to accommodate him so I cant see that happening and I dont think City desperately need him either.

Heiting! -
Linked a lot, especially this week with rumours of '10 million to United' and '15 million to Bayern'. He has already dismissed Bayern before, he is happy in England and in the north west but that doesn't then put off a move to United. Although, Evra is their captain and still has a good 2/3 years in him so I think the rumours are ridiculous. Also, Baines is our key player, why would we sell him for that money. Baines has been picked for most pundits team of the season, was in team of the year. If Ashley Cole were to be sold now he would fetch over that so why shouldn't Baines, seeing as he is even more of a key player for us.

Bibby -
Yeah, but every year we sell a big player, it's bound to be him sooner or later.

Pienaar's ill-fated move to Spurs surprised a few, but his return to Goodison and return to form was even more surprising. What the Hell happened there?

Bibby -
Weird isn't it? Just seems to be one of those weird situations where a player only really performs for one club.

GreatBrit101 -
Pienaar was never properly utilised at spurs and as is always going to be the case at a club with a large squad, new players are going to struggle to establish themselves and I dont think Pienaar ever properly got a chance to get himself in. All of that was more than to bad luck & injury rather than a lack of dedication. I think he's a better fit here where he has freedom to be creative with his play and he has a natural partnership on the left wing with Baines.

Zaitoichi -
He just fits here. He has a fantastic understanding with Baines, feels the love from the supporters and 'gets' the club. I think coming back has made him realise what a mistake it was leaving

Heiting! -
Here at Everton we are reasonable. We hate players like Rooney and Lescott who force their moves in the public and act like complete nobs when they've gone. Interestingly they were two english players and it was Arteta and Pienaar who showed how it should be done. They asked Moyes behind the scenes if they could have a chance to play in better competitions, a better chance of winning trophies, a chance to earn a lot more money. We all knew why they were leaving but if they do it in a professional manner we can forgive them. Pienaar has come back and been our best player as he was for a good 2 years before he left. His link with Baines has always been excellent and since Baines has been injured he has carried the teams creativity, movement and general play up to a high standard. I hope to hell we can keep him.

There always seems to be some young lad coming through the ranks, who's next off the production line that will make it?

Heiting! -
Barkley was introduced earlier in the season. He had a shocker against Blackburn away and you could see his head drop and his training was poor apparently as well. Moyes did the wise thing and took him out of the frame for a while. He has been on the bench for the last few and made a sub appearance, hopefully will do the same against you lot and you can have a look yourselves. He will make it and he will be a great player.

Bibby -
Ross Barkley, he's not ready yet (despite what our fans think) but he'll be big.

GreatBrit101 -
Theres a few names to keep an eye out for next season, Ross Barkley has already been mentioned but we also have the likes of Apostolos Vellios who made a couple of cameo apperances this season and didnt look out of place with the starting 11 (actually being one of the few strikers we had in the 1st half of the season who could actually score a goal). Theres also Hallam Hope, Shane Duffy and Conor McAleny. The one that excites me the most though is George Green, he's a very highly regarded teenager we signed for relatively big money from Bradford and next season he'll be old enough to play in the main setup. Definitley one to watch around the reserve team next season

Zaitoichi -
Barkley is the most promising. He could go to the very top if he sorts his attitude out. Vellios and Duffy are looking very good too, aswell as some of the younger lads like Garbutt, Forshaw, Bidwell and McAleny

Will Hibbert ever score?

GreatBrit101 -
Probably not, but if he did it would be the jammiest goal ever scored.

Zaitoichi -
If he does, say goodbye to your family, because the end is nigh

Bibby -
He had three shots against Wolves I think, he's getting closer! But no

Heiting! -
No. He hit the bar with a cross earlier in the season. Against Wolves he had 2/3 long range chances and hit the first man. Never.

The only thing left for Everton to play for is local pride, Can you see your lads straining every sinew to finish above Liverpool, or do you think they'll already be on the beach? If Liverpool are losing do you not fancy rolling over for us?

Zaitoichi -
Our lads are pretty professional, they'll give everything on Sunday, I'm not arsed about finishing above that lot though, gets us nothing.

Heiting! -
We have had 3 out of the last 4 days possible of training this week and after the end off season awards last night they probably have another one off today. Looks like they're already on their holidays so will be interesting how we are on Sunday.

GreatBrit101 -
I think we'll be wanting to end the season on a high, I dont regard a season where we fail to qualify for Europe again but finish above Liverpool to be worth writing home about but a lot of people do so I think you'll have to earn your champions league place.

Bibby -
Haha , I just want the season to be over, I'd shake hands on a 5-5 draw right now.

Bibby -
Our season only really turned round after January, so you've got to give credit to the lads who have come in (Jelavic, Gibson, Pienaar, Donovan for 2 months), but also to the management for bringing them in.

Heiting! -
Think its 50/50 really. Since new arrival of players like Gibson, Pienaar, Donovan, Jelavic we have been a lot better, no surprise there. Moyes has actually made good substitutions this year. Bringing on Vellios and Anichebe to get us late goals to win games.

Zaitoichi -
Definitely down to the players, in particular Pienaar, Gibson, Donovan and Jelavic who stopped us finishing about 12th

GreatBrit101 -
50/50 there have been times where we've been set up to play teams off the park and the players havent managed to produce the goods and vice versa. When it all clicks though we are a joy to watch, as has been the case for most of the 2nd half of the season.

What's a realistic aim for Everton next season? Where do Everton need to strengthen to achieve this?

GreatBrit101 - This time of the year is extremely frustrating to be an evertonian as we can see before us the bulk of a potentially successful side with only 1 or 2 pieces needed to take us to the next level. the problem is because of our financial state we have to take a key component of that squad away before we are able to add so we are forever stuck in a viscious circle of filling gaps by creating new ones. Our board badly let us down every summer without fail and we're all more or less resigned to losing one big player. Best case scenario is we get decent money for Jack Rodwell and we use some of it to sign Pienaar permanantly.

Heiting! - Few things that will determine our next season:

- How bad our summer is, Kenwright could sell anyone and not give Moyes the funds to bring anyone in.

- Can we keep Pienaar?

- Can we find a young and decent RB, RM, number 10. Heavily linked with Powell from Crewe and he looks a good winger.

Bibby - If we make a few signings I'd say 6th, we have a good core but we need a right back, right winger, sign Pienaar permanently. Maybe a keeper and a cover left back, but as if we'd have that money.

Zaitoichi - I think now we have goals, a realistic aim is a top 4 challenge, providing we sign Pienaar and a right midfielder, preferably Donovan funded by selling Rodwell.

Who has been your player of the season? and Why?

Zaitoichi
- Heitinga. Solid as a rock, excellent distribution, shits all over Jagielka.

Bibby
- Heitinga for me, he's been fantastic.

GreatBrit101
- Cant look past John Heitinga, his consistancy and passion for the team have been second to none. Were it not for his mistake at the cup semi I think Distin would have been in with a shot of winning that too.

Heiting! -
Heitinga won player of the season and was certainly my vote. He has composure at the back and his positioning is excellent. A top CB and this season has seemed to 'understand' what Everton is.

Heiting! -
Wembley semi final. Comfortably winning (although our goal was fluky) and they were there for the taking but we allowed them back in through a sloppy back pass and gave them the win through a stupid foul and not marking at a freekick. More than frustration.

Zaitoichi -
Wembley. Frustration doesn't even come close to describing it. We fucking bottled a relatively easy game.

Bibby -
Being "plucky little Everton overachieving again". Surely if you over-perform for years, you're just performing?

GreatBrit101 -
Our neighbours handling of the Suarez case. Both the club themselves in the way they publicly backed a tried and proven racist which made his behaviour acceptable in the eyes of many of their fans which as role models to many kids was disgraceful. The fans themselves for racially abusing people on Twitter, Tom Adayabe from Oldham and their treatment of Patrice Evra from that point on was disgusting. Its bad enough that we share oxygen with those bastards but seeing them destroy any good name they may have had and seeing people associate their behaviour with others from our city be it blues or not annoyed me no end this year.

Bibby -
Parde w, definitely. I was bemused at the sacking of Hughton, but what a decision it was in hindsight.

GreatBrit101 -
I was expect ing Newcastle to be alot lower down the table than they are now so i've got to give Pardew a lot of credit for his work. Roberto Martinez has impressed with his recent form and Paul Lambert has done well with the step up to the top flight.

Zaitoichi -
Pardew ob viously. Who saw that coming? I remember Newcastle fans being apoplectic when he got the job. Good ol' Mike Ashley eh? Stroke of genius

Heiting ! -
Pardew obviously gets the first mention. Manager of the season no matter where you finish now. Ba was a great capture and has been used excellently until Cisse has come in. Cisse has been another great buy although you might expect that for 9 million. He has got the best out of the players, that is for certain. When we played you at ST JAMES' I looked at your line up and thought 'Dear god that is shite, their defence is midtable standard (bar Coloccini) and their midfield is not much better'. Admittedly at the time you were missing Tiote, Ben Arfa, Cisse. Finally, the consistency he has maintained has been brilliant. Throughout the season I have been thinking you would slip up soon but you have just kept going brilliantly. Although, I don't think you will be the force you are this season, next season. Sorry. Others: Lambert, Rodgers.

GreatBrit101 -
Cisse, Aguero, Dempsey, Holt

Heiting! -
Apart from yours, Grant Holt, Aguero, Leon Britton, Dempsey.

Bibby -
Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, half the bloody Newcastle squad. Grant Holt's been a revelation as well, a good old fashioned striker.

Zaitoichi -
Aguero. Cabaye. Holt. Hoilett. Yakubu considering he was an obese lazy Sunday league player when he left us.

Bibby -
Jelavic, Pienaar, Fellaini, all three have been fantastic lately.

Zaitoichi -
Fellaini. Jelavic. Pienaar.

Heiting! -
Pienaar, Baines might be back, Jelavic.

GreatBrit101 -
Fellaini, Pienaar, Jelavic

Zaitoichi -
Cisse obviously. Ben Arfa. Cabaye.

GreatBrit101 -
Ba, Cisse & Ben Arfa

Heiting! -
Ben Arfa, Cisse and I think Ba will score.

Bibby -
Hard not to be worried about Cisse, but probably my favourite player in the league is Ben Arfa, he's wonderful to watch.

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Everton, one without)

Bibby -
Everton 4-4 Man Utd, I still don't understand what happened. And City 2-1 Chelsea, that was a real turning point for them with the return of Tevez.

G reatBrit101 -
Our 4-4 draw with United and City's 6-1 win at Old Trafford

Heiting! -
Man Utd 4- 4 Everton. We usually go and roll over and this showed if we have a go at them we can get something, and in style. Either Arsenal 3-3 Norwich, Swansea 3-2 Arsenal. Can't think.

Zaitoichi -
Ours, Sunderland away in the cup. Sublime footballing performance on the field and the best away support you can ever wish to see off it. Perfect night. Not involving Everton: Wigan 4-0 Newcastle. Amazing result

Zaitoichi -
Nobody has a pleasant opinion of Newcastle, I dislike your fanbase on the whole immensely. Especially after seeing you all "Everton are just bitter of our status in the game". Delusions of grandeur. Least, Sunderland not selling out the cup replay. Most, probably United, they always travel well

Heiting! -
Most: No idea, hate most teams. Least: Us at Wembley in the second half where you could hear a pin drop.

Bibby -
Stoke always impress me at home, can't shut them up, I'm starting to hate Delilah, the slag. Wigan fans were the least impressive, they may as well not turn up

GreatBrit101 -
Most: Swansea, Very vocal home & away and like Blackpool last season soaked in their taste of the top flight. Least: Liverpool fans for the aforementioned racism.

Bibby -
2-1 Everton of course, Jelavic brace

GreatBrit101 -
2-1 Everton

Heiting! -
1-1 36' Ba. 78' Heitinga.

Zaitoichi -
3-0 us.

While most seem pretty reasonable, special mention goes to Zaitochi who claims he came on here last year to do a survey and was given dogs abuse (can't find that, the only Everton fan who came on here with a survey that I can find was the year we went down and even that kid had his questions answered fairly until Tom went on ToffeeTalk and found stacks of posts calling us worse than shit :lol: ). He says we're deluded, and then goes on to say Everton will be challenging top 4 next season. We're challenging for top 4 this season and I think most of us agree we think challenging for 6th is a more likely aim next season :lol: but like I say, the others seem pretty reasonable lads.

but Zaitochi is my favourite :wub:

I was gonna say they seemed very reasonable and level headed - especially regarding Liverpool, in contrast to of course the mackems and surprisingly the Man City fans you asked - until I read that guy's answer about fans. :lol: