The Put Leazes On Ignore Thread

Gemmill

For those saying when they joined up LM was far more reasonable, I'd echo this point.

Years ago (Souness & Bellamy carry-on) he was a crazy mad bastard who pissed everyone off but he mellowed, became reasonable and was a real asset to the place. Lately though he's taken back towards his former status (the decline has generally been in parallel to people beginning to accept that things are on the up).

Wholesale hatred of Ashley & Llambias is seen by him as acceptance that Shepherd was better. As has been said, it's not that black and white - both regimes had their really good points but also their absolutely dreadful points.

JawD's postings have been succinct and 100% bang on of late. The underlying points really need to be taken on board.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this forum a lot without posting and this argument and the divides involved make many of the potentially interesting threads unreadable. Both sides contribute to the drivel a lot more than they realise despite the fact that they are all aware of each others opinions and also aware that they acheive nothing from engaging the arguments. Its massively discouraging to new posters and horrible to read. Anyway, thought an onlookers opinion might be worth something even if it wont change anything. :)

I can accept that, and I see your point.

I read this forum a lot without posting and this argument and the divides involved make many of the potentially interesting threads unreadable. Both sides contribute to the drivel a lot more than they realise despite the fact that they are all aware of each others opinions and also aware that they acheive nothing from engaging the arguments. Its massively discouraging to new posters and horrible to read. Anyway, thought an onlookers opinion might be worth something even if it wont change anything. :)

I can accept that, and I see your point.

Why not then be the big man here Leazes and understand that you have upset a lot of good posters with this same old patter. Very simply decide that enough is enough and give yourself a month of not posting about how much better the old board were and how Ashley is going to fuck it up.

Its such a simple thing you can do.

Ultimately, I have begun to realise that I have an obsessive-compulsive relationship to the internet, this is probably true of others on here too. Logging on is an excuse to kill an hour or more that could be spent doing something worthwhile. While the interaction with the faceless, anonymous users on here can be 'entertaining', lately it has become so shite that the only possible motivation for me to come on is one of habit. The irony of this is that NUFC are simultaneously going through a very entertaining and relatively successful period in the league. I've been having these thoughts more and more as I've got older, and the relentless diatribe between Leazes and others--about what is in reality an insignificant matter that they have little to no influence over--blares out at me like a screaming drunk with a loudspeaker: "YOU ARE WASTING YOUR LIFE." I think the only reason I come back now is that I currently have access to a PC and I like the act of writing. If this stuff spreads and consumes the forum, I too will 'take a break' and stand for election as an MP, my sole campaign pledge a promise to ban pointless arguments on internet forums.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Ultimately, I have begun to realise that I have an obsessive-compulsive relationship to the internet, this is probably true of others on here too. Logging on is an excuse to kill an hour or more that could be spent doing something worthwhile. While the interaction with the faceless, anonymous users on here can be 'entertaining', lately it has become so shite that the only possible motivation for me to come on is one of habit. The irony of this is that NUFC are simultaneously going through a very entertaining and relatively successful period in the league. I've been having these thoughts more and more as I've got older, and the relentless diatribe between Leazes and others--about what is in reality an insignificant matter that they have little to no influence over--blares out at me like a screaming drunk with a loudspeaker: "YOU ARE WASTING YOUR LIFE." I think the only reason I come back now is that I currently have access to a PC and I like the act of writing. If this stuff spreads and consumes the forum, I too will 'take a break' and stand for election as an MP, my sole campaign pledge a promise to ban pointless arguments on internet forums.

:lol:

It's actually quite appropriate that you refer to MM and Gemmill as the so-called solicitor and so-called accountant. Do you know what their faces look like? For all we know, MancMag could in fact be, and probably is, judging by his posting style, an asylum seeker from the Republic of the Congo posting from the Isle of Man. Gemmill could be a frustrated nun who posts from an internet cafe during breaks from the monastery. And YOU could be a schizophrenic ballerina from Moscow--we have no way of knowing; will any of us ever meet in 'real' life? It makes the endless attempts at point-scoring all the more ridiculous.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

It's actually quite appropriate that you refer to MM and Gemmill as the so-called solicitor and so-called accountant. Do you know what their faces look like? For all we know, MancMag could in fact be, and probably is, judging by his posting style, an asylum seeker from the Republic of the Congo posting from the Isle of Man. Gemmill could be a frustrated nun who posts from an internet cafe during breaks from the monastery. And YOU could be a schizophrenic ballerina from Moscow--we have no way of knowing; will any of us ever meet in 'real' life? It makes the endless attempts at point-scoring all the more ridiculous.

I've met both Manc and Gemmill and I can state that you're bang on the money.

I read this forum a lot without posting and this argument and the divides involved make many of the potentially interesting threads unreadable. Both sides contribute to the drivel a lot more than they realise despite the fact that they are all aware of each others opinions and also aware that they acheive nothing from engaging the arguments. Its massively discouraging to new posters and horrible to read.

Couldn't agree more and pretty sure the majority of lurkers do too.

I'm one of LM's staunchest defenders, but even if we come 6th, it's something you can begrudgingly say well done to them. Times change, we used to be in my opinion from 94-04 the fourth biggest club in the country, we're not now and we should accept that to get back there will take luck time and patience, because football has changed, clubs have changed, times have changed. We should celebrate 6th because given the fact we're coming back up the slope and are no where near as a business and stature wise where some of us believe we should be. I think we might get there. The signs are positive, no one can say on and off the pitch hasn't improved 10 fold from 2 or 3 years ago and that's why I've decided to stop slagging fatty off, and LM should join me on an Ashley Amnesty because it would help this board.

yup.

For those saying when they joined up LM was far more reasonable, I'd echo this point.

Years ago (Souness & Bellamy carry-on) he was a crazy mad bastard who pissed everyone off but he mellowed, became reasonable and was a real asset to the place. Lately though he's taken back towards his former status (the decline has generally been in parallel to people beginning to accept that things are on the up).

Wholesale hatred of Ashley & Llambias is seen by him as acceptance that Shepherd was better. As has been said, it's not that black and white - both regimes had their really good points but also their absolutely dreadful points.

JawD's postings have been succinct and 100% bang on of late. The underlying points really need to be taken on board.

I answered your reply in the other thread, it is post nr 693, but as you have me on ignore is there any point in replying to this ?

Anyway, as I said, it takes 2 to tango. I am asked the same question by numerous people, don't you think that entails giving the same answers ? And these questions have increased because the amount of people fooled by the current good run has increased accordingly, the 2 things are linked.There has also been an increase in the amount of comments directed at me by immature posters who could not take up my suggestion of getting these disagreements discussed, and you put me in the sin bin for attempting it.

Nevertheless, I have looked at Stevies post which has some meritm and am going to reply to both him and JawD. I won't respond to the immature comments made by others but I would expect you to draw the same attention to them if they appear again, that you have done to my responses.

I'm one of LM's staunchest defenders, but even if we come 6th, it's something you can begrudgingly say well done to them. Times change, we used to be in my opinion from 94-04 the fourth biggest club in the country, we're not now and we should accept that to get back there will take luck time and patience, because football has changed, clubs have changed, times have changed. We should celebrate 6th because given the fact we're coming back up the slope and are no where near as a business and stature wise where some of us believe we should be. I think we might get there. The signs are positive, no one can say on and off the pitch hasn't improved 10 fold from 2 or 3 years ago and that's why I've decided to stop slagging fatty off, and LM should join me on an Ashley Amnesty because it would help this board.

Fair comment Stevie. I don't really despise Mike Ashley as people think, he is entitled to do things his own way, it just isn't what I want as a supporter and it isn't how I think a club behaves if they want to be among the elite. We will see. I will certainly admit if I am wrong, but I bet others won't do the same !!!

Anyway, for the good of the board, as I've said to Craig, I'll ignore the juvenile comments and engage good debate with those who offer the same.

Hopefully that will benefit everybody, its certainly what I would like from the board rather than pointless bickering.

I realise Mike Ashley has done some good things, and this season has been great and I want us to go higher, get into the Champions League and win a trophy or more just like everybody else. It's all I;ve ever wanted for over 40 years.

Right then, no more discussion about running a football club since it's fucking ridiculous carry-on. No more wading into threads going "Well, what will happen when we sell our best players" and then no more biting to it. Can we please just enjoy potentially finishing 4th ffs?

Right then, no more discussion about running a football club since it's fucking ridiculous carry-on. No more wading into threads going "Well, what will happen when we sell our best players" and then no more biting to it. Can we please just enjoy potentially finishing 4th ffs?

This

005583-mark-viduka.gif

kris3.jpg

I agree with what people have said about leazes putting lurkers and new members off posting on this board

I mean honestly, why would you post here if you could go to NO and have a leazes free experience?

I specifically said it wasn't just him though, it's both sides. I wouldn't go to NO cause people on here seem more intelligent and better informed, the problem is many seem to put their efforts into the most boring never ending argument, quite like you have here trying to wind LM up.

Whether you agree with him or not I think he was expressing a genuine opinion when he said that (and when he said Leazes was ruining the board). He's not a wum, or doesn't seem the type, and doesn't get involved with arguments with Leazes. Obviously others are involved but there's always one common denominator. He'll be reasonable about it for a short while then normal service will resume. I totally agree it must put a lot of people off the place as well.