Any motorbike riders on here?

Kid Dynamite

Can anyone decipher this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/yamaha-dt125r-bike-dtr-125-/221002553527?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3374c758b7#ht_720wt_1270

The main bit that sticks out is 'left fork seal gone'

Is that a hard/expensive fix? I only want something cheap to take my test on and not lose a fortune on when I come to sell it

I had one of these .

Played havoc with ya knuckles .

Evel-Knievel-Stunt-Bike.jpg

My cousin had one, it was the coolest thing out until Big Track.

You done owt with your wallpaper yet?

ok....hubby said its a job for a mechanic really, but not an expensive job. Provided the fork tubes were ok and not pitty he would probably do it as a two hour job and fork seals are only about £20-£30 quid.

All in all he said if he was doing it down here for you it would be about £100. (shame you dont live nearer)!!

Edited by Toonraider

Not really too interested in dying at 150mph :lol:

Nice laid back cruiser is more like it! Always like the look of the Harley Dynas

fxdb-dyna-street-bob-vivid-black.jpg

But after doing a bit of reading up the other day a few of the Motorbike mags reckon our very own Triumph do a superior version with their Thunderbird

1102_crup_01_o+2011_triumph_thunderbird_storm+.jpg

Edited by J69

A mate used to have a Norton Commando...I remember it well as during the course of a day we fell off it twice!! :rolleyes: We have an Enfield 500 which I love, and hubby has almost finished totally restoring and rebuilding his kettle, GT 750. Its beautiful and VERY LOUD!!

I gave up getting a classic car in the end. I had £5k to spend but everything I liked the look of (old 911s mainly) were £7k+ before you had even fixed what was wrong with them. Add to that tax and insurance and it was a no go.

Motorbikes are obviously more dangerous but you can reduce that greatly by taking the right precautions. 99.9% of riders live a long life, and there's plenty of car drivers get killed on a daily basis

Yeah well, everything is relative I guess.

This is a fact though J69:

Motorcyclists make up less than 1% of vehicle traffic but

their riders suffer 14% of total deaths and serious injuries on Britain’s roads (DETR,

2000).

Food for thought as you have a family that needs you :)

• 4 years later...

2efooap.jpg

Guy Martin will be riding a purpose built Triumph Infor Rocket Streamliner later this month in an attempt to break the speed record. The bike is made up of two turbocharged Triumph Rocket III engines producing a combined 1000bhp @ 9000rpm.