Some more good news

harrynufc

Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

Just been doing some research online and worked out that ramadhan wont affect Ba & Cisse's performance next season because..... the season wont have started! Thats right, Just checked the dates online and ramadhan officially starts on the 20th of July and ends around the 17th of August. Premier league season 12/13 doesnt start until 18th of august, meaning our boys will be ready to kick some ass. Surely a good sign of thing to come?

All we need now is for the ACON to be cancelled next season because of some malaria scare (i joke, ofcourse) but God i do wish it didnt come round so often, its a real bite in the ass (thats not another malaria joke btw).

Edited by harrynufc

However the Europa starts quite early so Ramadan will effect them then! ;)

True but we could always play shola and best up front for those games. Then unleash the dembas as soon as they open their fast at half time. Boom! :D

Surely Ba's recent goal drought has put to bed the ridiculous claims that he was shite when he first came here because of Ramadan.

He was very poor in his early matches, whatever the reason. I don't think he's been particularly bad of late, getting fewer chances partly because of the change in tactics owing he personnel.

Surely Ba's recent goal drought has put to bed the ridiculous claims that he was shite when he first came here because of Ramadan.

do you watch football?

do you watch football?

Hold on, are you blaming his goal drought purely on him playing on the left side of a 3 man strikeforce? if so I have to ask, do you watch football?

So fuck. He doesn't eat during daylight hours.

I'll take a battering in this thread like. If you have evidence other then the fact he was wank when he first came here then show me, I don't mind being proved wrong.

How can you possibly think that being unable to eat or drink in the run up to a 3pm/4pm kickoff and maintaining a completely irregular diet in general, plus being unable to refresh at half time, isn't going to affect performance on the football field? Tiote wasn't himself in those matches either.

do you watch football?

Hold on, are you blaming his goal drought purely on him playing on the left side of a 3 man strikeforce? if so I have to ask, do you watch football?

not purely no, its definitely had an effect though

just looking at the number of shots he gets, since he last scored we've played 9 matches and in 5 of them hes had 2 or fewer shots.

playing out on the left is meaning he doesn't get in the position to score as often, mix that in with clearly being pretty tired (similar to the effects of not eating in the run up to a match) and you get his goal drought

Let's not forget that I believe since the first handful of games he has started every single match for us this season, been the focal point of our attack for a lot of it and had a sojourn to the African Cup of Nations in between! That would take its toll on anyone - the fella's barely had a rest and he does look tired out there lately.