Other clubs summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got to wonder whether spurs will be able to keep that side together if they fail to finish top 4 two years running. could see bale, modric, VDV et al all walking.

got to wonder whether spurs will be able to keep that side together if they fail to finish top 4 two years running. could see bale, modric, VDV et al all walking.

Selling club tbh

Thing is, if your Bale, would you really be content to go back to being a left back if that's what they wanted him for? Granted their fullbacks aren't exactly defensive but I'd imagine wherever he goes he'd want to keep attacking?

I'd imagine they'd play him in a similar role to Dani Alves, i.e. he won't actually do any defending at all.

Dani Alves, who incidentally is looking to move on so he can afford his upcoming divorce apparently.

Always thought him and Messi were close so I doubt he'd leave.

Thing is, if your Bale, would you really be content to go back to being a left back if that's what they wanted him for? Granted their fullbacks aren't exactly defensive but I'd imagine wherever he goes he'd want to keep attacking?

Dani Alves isn't exactly shackled to the right back position. I'm sure Bale would look at the opportunity to play alongside some of the best players in the world and in the best team in the world and snap their fucking hands off.

He'd be an awesome signing for them, would be well-suited to La Liga. Also it'd get his hideous fizzock and the worst celebration in the league (since Robbie Keane left for pastures anew) out of England.

I'd just be glad to be shot of the ridiculous circle jerk that goes on every time he takes tot he field

Bale leaving is a dead cert imo. He's been fluttering his eyelashes as the spanish clubs like a tease. Brilliant footballer but a complete bell when it comes to other stuff - why would you say stuff about if the current club doesn't finish top 4 then he will have to consider what is best for himself? So arrogant, no responsibility taken at all or the fact acknowledged that HE is part of the current team that is struggling to get into CL.

Bale leaving is a dead cert imo. He's been fluttering his eyelashes as the spanish clubs like a tease. Brilliant footballer but a complete bell when it comes to other stuff - why would you say stuff about if the current club doesn't finish top 4 then he will have to consider what is best for himself? So arrogant, no responsibility taken at all or the fact acknowledged that HE is part of the current team that is struggling to get into CL.

Aye I've said the same elsewhere. That's modern footballers for you though isnt it. He'll have his agent in his ear telling him it's the club's fault, and he'll talking to his mam in the third person about how Gareth Bale needs to look after Gareth Bale.

ehhhh...

anyone knows how much they paid? what about wages?

obviously better than not having anyone alongside van persie but not really that impressive. I doubt any of the other top 5 teams in englad were after him, i dont think barca or real were after him either, so who did they beat to his signature? maybe bayern? (i doubt it, they are going after Pizarro instead)

ehhhh...

obviously better than not having anyone alongside van persie but not really that impressive. I doubt any of the other top 5 teams in englad were after him, i dont think barca or real were after him either, so who did they beat to his signature? maybe bayern? (i doubt it, they are going after Pizarro instead)

who said anything about them beating anyone to sign him?

does someone HAVE to be courted by other teams in order to be worth signing?

ehhhh...

They got him for something like 11 million I think. Could go either way that one. I think Wenger is sick of signing players who will fuck off in 5 minutes like Nasri so is going for more reliable/less exciting options. Bayern already had him and it didn't work out.

I take it you didn't read the atricle.

"a number of clubs thought to be chasing"? show me a transfer story that doesn't have those words in somewhere

that wasn't my main point anyway, it was the idea that hes not an impressive signing because no "top clubs" were after him that I was really after.

were we in a battle for most of our players, was anyone else after cisse?