Other clubs summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Can't be construed as wasting money as long as they are BACKING their managers.

If they back their manager(s) enough in this manner, their AMBITION will make success inevitable.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool fans seem delighted with the link. They all seem to think he's an improvement on Henderson and what not.

Am I the only one thinking he looked good in a mid-table club and isn't actually that amazing a player?

i second that notion.

So their CMs are now: Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Henderson and Adam.

Gerrard & Lucas would be 1st choice surely? But if the first two are injured at any point then that's a very average central midfield.

So their CMs are now: Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Henderson and Adam.

Gerrard & Lucas would be 1st choice surely? But if the first two are injured at any point then that's a very average central midfield.

I image they'll play something like:

------------Striker

Suarez-------------Bellamy

----------Gerrard

-----Allen----Lucas

Not to mention they have Aquilani as well as CM.

I image they'll play something like:

------------Striker

Suarez-------------Bellamy

----------Gerrard

-----Allen----Lucas

Not to mention they have Aquilani as well as CM.

Striker = Borini, not sure about a 433 with Bellamy as he's a bit past it.

Besides SkySports might have - not for the first time - jumped the gun a little, apparently Laudrup will speak to the player over this weekend. Still, hope he goes myself, the more Liverpool overspend the better.

Striker = Borini, not sure about a 433 with Bellamy as he's a bit past it.

Besides SkySports might have - not for the first time - jumped the gun a little, apparently Laudrup will speak to the player over this weekend. Still, hope he goes myself, the more Liverpool overspend the better.

Right, meant to put Borini in on the right instead of Bellamy. I still think they're looking for a striker, as he wont want Suarez to play centrally, Carroll looks to be frozen out, and other than that they haven't got much else. Maybe Dempsey? But I really hope they sign Allen. He's exactly the type of player they need to fade into mid-table obscurity.

The Sun say Sunderland are signing James Collins and Stephen Warnock from Villa :lol:

There was me worrying about lack of signings...it could always be worse.

The Sun say Sunderland are signing James Collins and Stephen Warnock from Villa :lol:

Know nowt about Collins but Warnock is absolute shite. I was glad we didn't pursue our rumoured interest further and actually sign the guy.

If he hadn't played for Liverpool once then he wouldn't be so highly-rated.

Does he primarily play out wide right then? If so I'm guessing it'll be a straight fight between him and Valencia for the starting position. Seems odd given how well Valencia played there.