Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United Saturday 28th April 3pm

Christmas Tree

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah well. Deep down we all knew we wouldn't keep it going until the end of the season. That's probably the end of our CL charge now if you look at the three games left. Still, it's been an amazing effort. And 5th or 6th is still a superb season whichever way you look at it. I was starting to get caught up in the excitement of it all but this is what being a supporter of this club is about innit. When we're up it's easy to get carried away but at the back of your mind, we all know a crushing low is just around the corner.

I don't think I'm revealing any secrets here when I say that we aren't part of the established top four. We're overachieving and shit like this will happen from time to time. We're on a rapidly improving trajectory though - throwing your hands up and declaring that everything's shit cos we've lost one in seven is idiotic.

Fair enough, I suppose I can agree with that - I don't think it's all shit though, for what it's worth I think we've had a fantastic season for our standards, it just gets my goat when we capitulate against wanky teams like Wigan. On a side note it is amusing to see me getting put in with Leazes just because I don't agree with some of the trendy opinions. I'm not a conformist but that's why I'm here and not on N-O -_-

Think Ben Arfa should have shot there. Decent run of play.

...and should have scored there. Made the space then shot off target.

Fair enough, I suppose I can agree with that - I don't think it's all shit though, for what it's worth I think we've had a fantastic season for our standards, it just gets my goat when we capitulate against wanky teams like Wigan. On a side note it is amusing to see me getting put in with Leazes just because I don't agree with some of the trendy opinions. I'm not a conformist but that's why I'm here and not on N-O -_-

Wigan have played fantastically to be fair to them. Our players and formation certainly haven't helped, but it's more down to their desire than a capitulation from us.

Ah well. Deep down we all knew we wouldn't keep it going until the end of the season. That's probably the end of our CL charge now if you look at the three games left. Still, it's been an amazing effort. And 5th or 6th is still a superb season whichever way you look at it. I was starting to get caught up in the excitement of it all but this is what being a supporter of this club is about innit. When we're up it's easy to get carried away but at the back of your mind, we all know a crushing low is just around the corner.

Summed it up perfectly.

totally agree with you about having to conform to other peoples views....a lot of wankers on here follow each other like sheep....COCK SUCKERS