Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United Saturday 28th April 3pm

Christmas Tree

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bad day at the office, that's all.

I hate this kind of talk. This result is not an anomaly, there have been several performances and results this season which have been terrible. When teams run in straight lines against us, rather than the usual zig-zag tactics, we have no answer. See Chelsea, Fulham, Tottenham, etc.

I agree KSA. That being said, Wigan looked nothing like a relegation candidate, really lovely fotball I have to commend them.

:lol:

But anyone who suggested they might play well before the game was a negative bell end.

Edited by Happy Face

We started with 4 from what I can tell but when we went 2 down he seemed to change it to match Wigan. Couldn't really tell who was where and don't think the players knew either.

In hindsight I reckon a solid 4-4-2 would've been the best approach, like early on in the season.

Edited by Besty

downloading motd now, i;ll watch it and no doubt regret doing so

That you will, I agree with Besty's post we seemed to switch after their 2nd with Simpson, Colo and Williamson as centre backs and Jonas and santon as wingbacks but like Besty said the players seemed pretty confused about it which tbh I don't blame them switching formation mid way through a half is daft.

:lol:

But anyone who suggested they might play well before the game was a negative bell end.

More like anyone being positive being an optimistic bellend ;)

I didnt think they would play like barcelona, but they were impressive.

Onto the next game, hopefully the boys will show up for this.

tumblr_lh37htBdDo1qfu1dq.jpg

Yep, but we were playing for champions league so I thought we would to a larger degree show up.

They wanted it more and they got it.

Hopefully the boys will lash back against chelsea. Thought Ba was turboshit as well.

Ba seems absolutely exhausted lately. we could perhaps do with pushing Jonas up to that Left forward role and bringing guthrie into midfield

"It will not affect our confidence. Everything went wrong today. We didn't get any breaks in the game.

"The referee did not play us particularly well either. (It was) one of those days.

"We move to the next one and maybe things will work our way."

Pardew, though, did not want to take praise away from Roberto Martinez's Wigan, who won just a fourth league game of the season at their DW Stadium home.

"Wigan were superb," he said. "The players and the manager can take great credit from this victory, because, forget about our problems, they were excellent today."

Gracious in defeat, makes me proud to be a toon fan. Excactly my sentiments too, I thought wigan were unplayable for the first 30 minutes.

Well said Alan.

Ba seems absolutely exhausted lately. we could perhaps do with pushing Jonas up to that Left forward role and bringing guthrie into midfield

Dont know why he would be exhausted. He played less games at the ACN than if he had stopped with NUFC

Dont know why he would be exhausted. He played less games at the ACN than if he had stopped with NUFC

maybe so but it doesn't change the fact.

It's a terrible result whichever way you look at it. As an aside, why do Sky continue to let Phil Thompson cover our games. The man seems to have now given up trying to hide his hatred for us and took great delight in every Wigan goal that went in yesterday. Prick.

Any else wake up thinking this was just a bad dream?

What a pointless post

Nah, I agree. But we were due a beating, 18 out of 21 in the last 7 games will still do me nicely, like.

Could be a cold shower will do us well for the upcoming games...

Ciss e hadn't played as many before the ACN :razz: by 1 or 2

I haven't even seen the game tbf. Semi on is probably talking shite.

harsh

Any else wake up thinking this was just a bad dream?

It was one of those where I woke up not believing what had happened. Crazy in any situation that we could ever lose 4-0 to Wigan.

With regards the ACN point, you only need to look at Demba Ba in some of the games since then and compare him to before. He looks more tired and listless. He has had some good games and linked up well on the left but yesterday he gave the ball away frequently and the shot that flashed wide I could have easily seen him scoring back in December.

I would say he needs a rest but 3 games to go and none to replace him kinda rules that out...