So who actually thinks we will finish 4th?

Kid Dynamite

Up until last month I would have been ecstatic at finishing 7th and getting into the Europa League. The press still had us down as flukey and no-one was really giving us that much attention. Our result and Spurs result today has really shifted the balance. We are now the bookies favourites to finish 4th and the press are up our arses . They seem to forget we have to play a resurgent Chelsea and Man City yet. I think it's suited the players so far not having any real attention on them.

The mad thing is, I'm actually going to be slightly disappointed if we don't finish in the top 4 now after getting within touching distance of it, Call me deluded by I cant help but think what if . . . we hadn't dropped points against Wolves or we held out against Arsenal etc.

I have a feeling it's going to take 69 points to finish 4th. Thats 2 wins and a draw for us in the next 4 games and hope that Spurs lose 1 more this season.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly haven't got a clue. It all depends on too many things - whether Chelsea win the CL this season, whether Spurs can find their early season form, whether Arsenal keep on being so inconsistent...

Plus we play 3 strong teams, two away from home; one against a Chelsea side who will have something to play for unlike Everton. We also play Wigan who today aside have played their best football of the season as of late and doubled their win total for the season in a matter of weeks.

We look good at the moment but there's a massive difference between the likes of Stoke and the likes of Man City.

I'd be over the moon with fifth - as long as Chelsea don't win the CL, fifth place will go straight into the group stage of the EL. Much as I want to see us in European competition, not having to play a couple of games against some tiny European club in a qualifier wouldn't hurt.

I reckon we'll finish 4th. The wheels have come off at Spurs and Chelsea have got too much on their plates. Spurs run in isn't as easy as people think given that they're Donald ducked and they're playing teams that need results.

Wherever we finish I'll be very happy.

I think we will finish 5th but it makes it more interesting now Arsenal have dropped 5 points in the last 2 games, feels like another position has opened up.

Hopefully Man Utd can win the league before we play City which will hopefully see a disinterested City team turn up, also Chelsea might put out a weakened team against us like they did against Arsenal today with it being a few days before the cup final.

As every game goes by you can't help but get more excited.

i still think we will end up 5th, even though we are firing on all cylinders and looking good, we still do have lapses of concentration and its through luck rather than anything else that we haven't gone behind in the last couple of games

City have scored 10 goals in the last 2 games man, I see them powering home to the end of the season and think we will have a rough time of it, chelsea are an odd one, we could see a weakened side against us, but i doubt it, wigan on the other hand, I think we should still take 3 points from

last 3 games of the season, I would be happy with 3 points

5th I reckon. If you look at Arsenal and Spurs respective run-ins then it's hard to see where they'll drop points. I think we can beat Chelsea away, but we'll have to be at our best. Man City at home will be the hard game, they seem to be picking up form again with the return of Tevez and the past few seasons we haven't had much luck against them.

Aye quietly optimistic, we're in a perfect position tbh, I'll not be disappointed with anything from 3rd-6th places as we've surpassed any expectations coming 6th let alone 3rd!

Realistically I don't see us coming 3rd but the way we're playing and the poor form of spurs 4th is a possibility. If next weekend we win and Spurs + Chelsea lose/draw the Man City and Chelsea fixtures will be less of a worry.

I can easilly see us finishing 4th, 5th or 6th to be honest, but my big worry is we finish 4th and fucking chelski spawn the CL and cost us a place in it!

But as people have said, Spurs are struggling and Chelsea have a heavy fixture list so we have a very good shot at 4th because of that added to the confidence we are currently playing with. Be even better if arsenal were to drop a few clangers and slip up near the end and make it so we have a sneaky shot at 3rd!

And as much as i hate manu winning anything, ever, i think it would suit us nicely if they win the title at citeh and leave us facing a beaten and down citeh in our home game who hopefully are shot to pieces and don't really turn up!

I'm going to go for us definitely finishing top 4 if we beat wigan, and even if not we still have a shot.

I just hope we finish above Spurs. I hate Spurs. :nufc:

this....i have a buddy who supports spuds and if they end up ahead of us it will be unbearable

Given my thoughts at the start of the season, I will be absolutely chuffed to just finish in a European spot. That said, with the recent run of form and the position we find ourselves in, I can't say I won't be disappointed at not getting a CL spot. Whatever happens, this season belongs to us. We have been a different class throughout, and in all honesty I don't want it to end.

Just hope it isn't a flash in the pan season and we can build from here to become regular challengers for the top four.

If we got into the CL, I would celebrate like how id imagine semi-regulars of the competition would if they won it. I would go Chis Akabusi, and wouldn't come down from my buzz for about a month. To even contemplate this is still absurd. It is romantic (not in the contrived, force-wretch Liverpool way)... we are the team that the media can no longer ignore, or try and deflate at least. We were the 'laughing stock' of the PL 3 years ago, before this season i was hoping for mid table. I cant quite express my words... basically, I'm so fucking proud of the club and the toon army this season. We've had to put up with so much shit, so much animosity from the press for so long; I hope we get one over on at least ONE of the cockney cretins and finish 5th. But to finish 4th... well...

Im easily pleased when it comes to supporting our club - so long as (and i really don't want this to sound proper cheesy) the players play their hearts out for the club and the fans then Im happy. This season they have surpassed that. Beautiful football at times, so much enthusiasm, so many exciting players on the pitch that work for the team. If we finished 6th I wouldn't care, they have made our city proud.