So who actually thinks we will finish 4th?

Kid Dynamite

We'll be needing Chelsea to lose at Anfield and Spurs losing one of their away games against relegation fighters. If we can get a draw at Stamford Bridge. Spurs are in terrible shape right now so am more concerned about Chelsea. It will be very annoying if Luiz not getting sent off at SJP makes the difference in the end.

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know what to think. I keep looking at the league table and just smiling, what a season! It's going to take a massive effort to get 4th, but if we don't manage it, it won't be for want of trying. Which I think is one of the key things here, the effort and commitment that everyone in the club is putting in. And, like many, yes, there will be a tinge of disappointment if we don't manage it, but only because it's so tantalisingly close. But it will be nothing in comparison with the pleasure and the pride this team have given us this season.

As some have said, is it overachievement, others underachiveing or us taking the opportunities when they are presented to us and playing to our potential? Not really sure on that, probably a mixture of all of them in some respects. It is hard to think about next season, but only because we have something to play for with only 4 games left. And how fantastic is it to be able to say that?

I didn't really follow the club when we were in the champions league last time, only really came in towards the end of SBR's time in charge, so I for one am abso-bloody-lutely loving it.

We've also dropped points in games where we've deserved more so it evens itself out.

Like I said we're beating the teams we should be beating, which is what you have to do to get where we are.

Not sure I can remember any other than Arsenal away.

3 away games, 1 at home.

3 against top 7 opponents.

Only beaten one top ten team on the road. Only won 2 from 9 against the top 7.

They'd have to do even better than the great job they've already done. 6 points from wigan/everton and 1 from Chelsea/man city would be enough to outdo Chelsea and would mean spurs need 10 points from mostly relegation threatened teams.

In our hands, but a tough ask.

Seems utterly odd people are worrying about next year rather than enjoying the present. We have thoroughly deserved our place in 4th and given our form I think we will finish 4th or even 3rd if Arsenal slip up. Best season fo ra decade this and I agree with CT and others that sustainable foundations have been set. Anyway, I'm loving this season; going to the match is

now something really to look forwards to.

Obviously I'm enjoying this season. I'm not worried about next year, just wondering if the impressive January window will be the sign of things to come in the summer. If so, we'll be in good shape.

Heart says we'll finish 4th. Head says we'll finish 6th.

Have done the BBC predictor thing over and over again each time being more favourable to us but still being fair in the results for the other clubs around us. Best scenario I came up with was with Chelsea and Spurs level on points and us a point behind them. Obviously anything better than that and I'll be as happy as a pig in shit. :)

Chelsea lad at work text me earlier and said "Manure score worst possible result for NUFC. Citeh now will need to play properly against you". I replied with

"I'm just glad Everton didn't win. Whatever happens, European football is now confirmed and that is a massive achievement in itself!"

I suggest that you start practicing your booing.

:lol:

Tannoy: "And let's salute our team, who've topped off a fantastic season by qualifying for the Champion's League!!!"

BOOOOOO! BOOOOO! YOU WANKERS! BOOOO! YOU COULD'VE HAD THIRD!!!!! BOOOOO!