So who actually thinks we will finish 4th?

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a measure of how far we've come this season when so many of us (me included) would be massively disappointed with finishing 5th.

If we'd been offered 5th place back in August, we'd have ripped their hands off.

Whatever happens in the last 4 games, the worst we can finish is 6th. Whilst there will obviously be disappoinment on missing out on CL football if that happens to be the case, we've still got to look on this season as a massive success.

Agreed. I just don't want us to miss out on something by a fine margin, or because a certain London club had to ruin it by something beyond our control.

To get this far and to lose out because of Chelsea or because of that Vermaelen goal would be hard to take, but as you say either way there's a lot to be positive about. Still, we'll see. The next few weeks will be massive, both short term and perhaps even long term if we make the CL.

To be fair, Barca has had it coming for a bit now. Hardly in the greatest of form.

They dont respond that well to parking the bus tactics either, Real Madrid is a different shark

Edited by Lake Bells tits

To be fair, Barca has had it coming for a bit now. Hardly in the greatest of form.

They dont respond that well to parking the bus tactics either, Real Madrid is a different shark

Bayern will probably go through anyway.

I wouldnt be to confident of a 2-1 lead going into santiago bernabeu.

Yeah but you can't disregard Bayern either. They are on pole position at the moment and I rather be in their shoes than Real Madrid.

Dunno like, 1-2 is a canny result going into the home leg. Even 1-0 will do.

Dunno like, 1-2 is a canny result going into the home leg. Even 1-0 will do.

Whereas, Bayern do not even need to win to go through. Definitely rather be in Bayern's shoes.

blaming their slide on a lack of squad rotation.

How have we got there then? Their slump has happened after they were knocked out of EL and we have key players like Simpson, Coloccini, Cabaye and Gutierrez who have played nearly every game. They'll never recover if that's the attitude in the dressing room; between us and Chelsea now.

Aye. I said earlier, we've made our season a huge achievement already. We're in Europe next season which is more than any of us thought possible AND we've done it in style. I dont think we'll make 4th though still a lot of football to be played and Im sure there are twists in the outcome yet.

Getting in to the CL would be amazing, but even getting to the EL is a superb effort and Im not going to let not making the CL be a let down.

Aye. I said earlier, we've made our season a huge achievement already. We're in Europe next season which is more than any of us thought possible AND we've done it in style. I dont think we'll make 4th though still a lot of football to be played and Im sure there are twists in the outcome yet.

Getting in to the CL would be amazing, but even getting to the EL is a superb effort and Im not going to let not making the CL be a let down.

Spot on

Definitely. I'm rooting for Chelsea now. Spurs have planned on having CL money

I don't think they have tbf, their wage bill is full of bonuses if they reach it apparently which is why it shot up so much when they qualified.

It certainly isn't over like. Still in our own hands and I hope we go to Chelski and make a fist of it like we have done most of the season. We've consistently bounced back from ridiculous results so I'm hoping for the same again. Also, Chelski will have an FA Cup final to think about as well as the rest of their congested fixture list.

I think 4 points from our next 3 will be enough for fourth. A win at Chelsea would be huge.

After a 4 - 0 loss to Wigan, which I thought would be the easiest of our last four games, I'm not at all confident we'll get any points from the remaining three. I hope I'm wrong inn thinking that.

I think we may have blown our chance of Champions League today but I'll settle for a place in Europe and an unbelievable season which wasn't expected.