Donning my eating pants

peasepud

I predicted we'd come 7th-8th and think that was one of the more optimistic predictions at the time. I don't think anyone predicted us to challenge for the champions league places. By far and away the biggest factor in this season's success has been how quickly and brilliantly the new signings have settled and performed. Every one of them apart from poor old Obertan have been fantastic.

We sold our two top goalscorers. No idea if we'd adequately replace them with other goalscorers. I'm very surprised, (and very happy to admit it), that I got my knickers in a twist about fuck all. The team has kicked on and that is the main thing. Very well done to all involved including the players. :good:

Aye. Here as well. Like most I was slating the actions of the club. It's hard not to some around some when you're sitting in 4th. Nice to be wrong sometimes.

the pies in a foil tray and looks to have lumps of red and brown shit in, mingin, isnt even golden brown, as patchy white as jacko :puke:

Of course it is, it's a humble pie

Aye, nobody saw this coming.

As someone said, they way the new signings have fitted in has been great, but the recruitment team deserve lots of credit for the type of players we've brought in as well. Not fancy dans like Gervinho etc but players that have quality and are happy to get stuck in and work.

In parallel to that you also have to give Pardew and the coaches massive credit for getting so much out of Players like Rtaylor and Perch.

One wit in the Leazes (not me) did try and tongue in cheek version of "one Mike Ashley"....... it didnt catch on.

Its just a shame the season has to end in a couple of weeks.

I think it'd be fair to say that even the most optomistic of people on here didn't think the season we've had was possible.

I've never been more happy to be proven so wrong.

Aye, nobody saw this coming.

As someone said, they way the new signings have fitted in has been great, but the recruitment team deserve lots of credit for the type of players we've brought in as well. Not fancy dans like Gervinho etc but players that have quality and are happy to get stuck in and work.

In parallel to that you also have to give Pardew and the coaches massive credit for getting so much out of Players like Rtaylor and Perch.

One wit in the Leazes (not me) did try and tongue in cheek version of "one Mike Ashley"....... it didnt catch on.

Its just a shame the season has to end in a couple of weeks.

He was excellent when he came on, he looks like a completely different player, amazing transformation.

I think it'd be fair to say that even the most optomistic of people on here didn't think the season we've had was possible.

I've never been more happy to be proven so wrong.

I didn't think it was possible to challenge where we are without an Arab and around £200-£300 Mill outlay, which obviously was out of the question, it's surreal tbh.

I read a post somewhere this evening which said, what Pardew's getting out of our "ordinary" players is Clough-esque, it's not far wrong. Not anointing him as such mind, but this season has been just terrific and wouldn't have been sniffed at by Mr C..

I'm kind of at the crossroads where I'm thinking 'Has it all been a fluke?', 'Have other teams just been shit?' or 'Has the plans of Mike Ashley actually come to fruition?'. As I've said before I still don't sit happily with the current regime due to my hatred of Derek Llambias and past indescretions... however, I can't knock what's been achieved and the amazing job done by the playing staff and the management team (ie, the coaching and scouting staff). For a change it's a great time to be a Newcastle United supporter, I admit I still have that gremlin in the back of my mind say "Just wait til the summer transfer window again" but I never thought we'd be where we are this season. The only criticism I have is that by getting rid of one man Mike Ashley could win me back but he just can't see past the speccy wanker.

Surreal is the right word. I keep finding myself day dreaming about the champions league. When you look at the league and the recent form, we're favourites for 4th. Unbelievable

send a slice over here, I said we'd come somewhere around 12th and I'd be happy with 17th, even my avatar sums out how i was feeling at the start of this season

infact, dont send a slice, I'll just have a whole one to myself :D and you know what, I'm LOVING IT!