Donning my eating pants

peasepud

We sold our two top goalscorers. No idea if we'd adequately replace them with other goalscorers. I'm very surprised, (and very happy to admit it), that I got my knickers in a twist about fuck all. The team has kicked on and that is the main thing. Very well done to all involved including the players. :good:

I wasn't arsed about Nolan going as it was clear how limited he was, however no way did I expect us to be in this position. Fucking ecstatic.

Best thing is we're doing it in style as well! Its a nice change to see everyone talking about just how good this team is on whatever website you go.

A fair few of us are eating humble pie, but it sure tastes good! B)

I don't think I've seen a NUFC side this universally liked/admired since Keegan's first era. Obviously we were a top club under Sir Bobby too but we've come a darker place this time round to be where we are at the moment.

The media love us, fans of other clubs admire us and want us to do well. It's all a bit overwhelming. And it's not like we've come from nowhere, we've been decent all season long aside from a couple of dodgy spells during the winter period.

I don't think I've seen a NUFC side this universally liked/admired since Keegan's first era. Obviously we were a top club under Sir Bobby too but we've come a darker place this time round to be where we are at the moment.

The media love us, fans of other clubs admire us and want us to do well. It's all a bit overwhelming. And it's not like we've come from nowhere, we've been decent all season long aside from a couple of dodgy spells during the winter period.

The media still ignore us on the whole. Good. The only time they pay much attention it's usually because of something negative. As for other clubs admiring us, fuck 'em. They all took the piss when we went down, clubs not fit to wipe our arses have patronised us but if we keep our shit together will patronise us no more. Nothings won yet but I'm getting the feeling our players are thinking a hell of a lot more positively than Spurs players for example. I just get the feeling they know there's still a job to do and they'll roll their sleeves up and do their best. That's all we can ask for.

It's been a long long time since I've seen us play so well, so positively. It's the best side we have had for a long time and there is a great opportunity to strengthen it further in the summer.

I'm not the only one to be totally surprised and very pleased with this season, in fact it seems like its a 100% "surprise rate" among not just the board but every supporter everywhere. Not even CT saw this coming :clapping: Long may it continue and we all hope he builds on this and we go higher.

I'm not the only one to be totally surprised and very pleased with this season, in fact it seems like its a 100% "surprise rate" among not just the board but every supporter everywhere. Not even CT saw this coming :clapping: Long may it continue and we all hope he builds on this and we go higher.

Seconded.

I want to book a holiday in europe ffs. :D

Echo the sentiment in here.

On the media front we're often mentioned in the Chelsea/Tottenham/Liverpool doing poorly, potentially missing out on European positions etc.

Throughout the season the prevailing feeling from the media was that we were an early season flash in the pan and that across the length of the season we'd settle into our rightful spot in the middle of the table. Even when we're flying high they treat us like a mid-table club at the moment. On par with the likes of Everton, second tier to six clubs that I need not mention.

All in all it's a great place to be as it keeps the pressure off and keeps other teams expectations for us lower.

Other fans will like us because we don't have any abhorrent personalities in our team.

We've had loads of players over the years who have had brushes with the law (Barton, Bowyer, Bramble etc). Now we've moved on from having a team of players beginning with B, and we have Cisse, Cabaye, Coloccini. Things are moving up.

PS - Ben Arfa, Best and Ba were strategically ignored for the purpose of making a non-existent point.