Driving test!

toontony

Heya,

I've got my driving test booked in at Elswick test centre along Scotswood Road next week. Bricking it!

Anyone taken their test there recently? Any tips or good crack?

Didn't think I'd be nervous....until now!!! :faint:

TT

Awful test centre is Elswick. Wouldn't take a pupil of mine there at any cost. But, you've likely taken all your lessons in the area so you'll be as ready as you need to be.

Good luck with it. Just remember to keep it simple and use you're MSPSL in good time - especially through the independant drive. I'm sure your instructor will have prepared you right. That is unless you're with erm....'pass in 1 week'

"heya"

Sorry... AREEEEET SON! :D

Awful test centre is Elswick. Wouldn't take a pupil of mine there at any cost. But, you've likely taken all your lessons in the area so you'll be as ready as you need to be.

Good luck with it. Just remember to keep it simple and use you're MSPSL in good time - especially through the independant drive. I'm sure your instructor will have prepared you right. That is unless you're with erm....'pass in 1 week'

Cheers man. Yeah, have been leaning around there for last couple of months. My instructor is fair crack, def haven't been doing one of those pass in 1 week courses! I think my face would have imploded if I did! Where do you normally take your pupils? Although it sucks, I think I'd rather do Elswick than Gateshead, which seems like one giant multi-lane roundabout with a billion bus lanes. Wouldn't mind a crack at Blyth tho by the sounds of it...

You're right. I got 3 faults for undue hesitation and passed 1st time. Anyone that fails 3 times shouldn't be allowed to drive.

I read it was 4?

Eat 5 curries the night before. Soil yourself during the maneuver. Wait till the examiner gets out and drive away. Free car.

Mmmmmm curry.... Could eat one of those for breakfast like. Nice Jalfrezi on cornflakes with a couple of cans like.

Anyone got their test at Elswick coming up?

Cheeeeeeeee-az!

Sorry... AREEEEET SON! :D

Cheers man. Yeah, have been leaning around there for last couple of months. My instructor is fair crack, def haven't been doing one of those pass in 1 week courses! I think my face would have imploded if I did! Where do you normally take your pupils? Although it sucks, I think I'd rather do Elswick than Gateshead, which seems like one giant multi-lane roundabout with a billion bus lanes. Wouldn't mind a crack at Blyth tho by the sounds of it...

I read it was 4?

Mmmmmm curry.... Could eat one of those for breakfast like. Nice Jalfrezi on cornflakes with a couple of cans like.

Anyone got their test at Elswick coming up?

Cheeeeeeeee-az!

I use Blyth as first choice and Longenton. It depends where the pupil lives and whether their preferance is for 1 or two hour lessons. 2 hours is Blyth regardless. Examiners at Blyth are the best bunch around.

I use Blyth as first choice and Longenton. It depends where the pupil lives and whether their preferance is for 1 or two hour lessons. 2 hours is Blyth regardless. Examiners at Blyth are the best bunch around.

If only I'd seen your advert when I started! I'm normally a 2h lesson kinda guy. To be honest though, although Elswick is a pain in the arse to get around it's quite good to have learned somewhere that's not totally straightforward. Dunno if I'll be saying that when I'm on test mind! Know any of the examiners round Elswick??

I did Gateshead. Was alright. If you parked your car in the end bay you always got a reverse park as your first manoeuvre which was good as you could get a bus into the space!

Gateshead is horrible (to drive in) in my opinion. As soon as I go over Newburn Bridge I just wanna turn around and go back to Newcastle. Loads of massive roundabouts as you go over and around TGI Fridays. And that stupid big hill (Blaydon bank??) - who thought that would be a good idea to build a road on!Wouldn't mind the bays there tho, the bays at the Elswick are a bit pokey. Nice one tho for passing n that! :clapping:

If you want to get the top marks for hitting someone make sure its a Mackem on a zebra crossing. :jonas:

Don't tempt me, bunch of b*****ds!! Almost worth failing for! ;)