Newcastle's Season

ffdave

I've come to say congratulations on the great season you're having, was great to have a big club in the Championship playing us (PNE) when we were there a few years ago.

I've written about Newcastle as a club in my blog, if you could have a read and maybe comment on either the blog or what you'd like to see in the blogs about Ben Arfa and Cabaye then it'd be much appreciated.

http://ffdave.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/newcastle-united.html

Cheers.

Edited by ffdave

Decent, Im not onboard with the sentiment of singing Perch and Simpson praises though. They have performed above expectation and done a job, but if we had 11 perches or 11 simpsons on the pitch we would have been relegated by christmas.

How someone even go as far as nomination the likes of simpson/perch/raylor as "players of the season" baffles me.

The spine and engine room will always be the big players, Krul/Colo/Ba/cisse/Tiote and Cabaye, hoy ben arfa in there the last 10-15 games as well

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Read it quickly. We didn't get 50m for Carroll, but other than that it reads decent. I mean it's canny factual rather than offering any great insight, but nothing wrong with that.

The might be some Poindexters along to correct you on some stuff...

Decent, Im not onboard with the sentiment of singing Perch and Simpson praises though. They have performed above expectation and done a job, but if we had 11 perches or 11 simpsons on the pitch we would have been relegated by christmas.

How someone even go as far as nomination the likes of simpson/perch/raylor as "players of the season" baffles me.

The spine and engine room will always be the big players, Krul/Colo/Ba/cisse/Tiote and Cabaye, hoy ben arfa in there the last 10-15 games as well

Being a Preston Fan, we had a James Perch type player in Billy Jones. He would fill in at cm, lb, cb and do a job, and was predominantly a right back. I think as an outsider looking in, Simpson playing so many games obviously looks well for the lad. From what I've seen, Simpson looks a decent right back, and I'd rather have him than a lot of other Premier League right backs (Bosingwa, Hibbert, Kelly to name a few).

I could be right in saying that Pardew has recently said that Perch is in the form of his life, and you can't argue much really. He's played everywhere and done admirably in every role asked of him.