NEWCASTLE UNITED ARE IN EUROPE

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mean to bring a downer on this but it's not 100% confirmed yet. Hopefully "When" it is we get an away play off with a small team in the middle of the Ukraine or somewhere. Passport isn't out yet. :nufc:

All but a done deal. Good stuff. Despite the naysayers it's good to see the club lead back to where we believe it belongs. Not saying we deserve champions league and we certainly dont have the squad for it at the moment. But there are a stack of teams under us would love to be in this position. Might as well try for the CL anyway.

All but a done deal. Good stuff. Despite the naysayers it's good to see the club lead back to where we believe it belongs. Not saying we deserve champions league and we certainly dont have the squad for it at the moment. But there are a stack of teams under us would love to be in this position. Might as well try for the CL anyway.

If we get Champions League, Ashley is more likely to invest in the squad.

Edited by Flair

Could you about that sig? its obnoxious. I'm happy to wait if you have to ask Leazes first.

Just because Ashley is getting lucky with regards to results on the field, doesn't mean we still aren't a circus off the field. Stadium called Sports Direct Arena ffs, we still haven't seen all of the Carroll money. Fair play to him on recruiting Graham Carr but that's about it. Time will tell with regards to Pardew, you have to remember Hughton himself wasn't exactly doing a crap job.

Could you about that sig? its obnoxious. I'm happy to wait if you have to ask Leazes first.

Just because Ashley is getting lucky with regards to results on the field, doesn't mean we still aren't a circus off the field. Stadium called Sports Direct Arena ffs, we still haven't seen all of the Carroll money. Fair play to him on recruiting Graham Carr but that's about it. Time will tell with regards to Pardew, you have to remember Hughton himself wasn't exactly doing a crap job.

So that's two managers mentioned that paid off, how many under the old board?... ;)

:lol: So much to pick apart. Shepherds rule was knows as the days of the circus but while he pissed us off a plenty, we turned a blind eye as we had periods of living the highlife. Why cant people see the similarity in what is happening now? I dont like what he is doing behind the scenes but like the hypocrite I am I will turn a blind eye so long as I m enjoying the football and we are "riding the crest of a wave again".

On Pardew, I was wrong. I said that I didnt expect him to do any better than CH. I have the utmost respect for CH but I cannot play down the decision to remove him and add Pardew.

Fact is, we're in Europe and fact is to some people hating MA is more important.

A circus of the field....think you might want to rethink that.

:lol: So much to pick apart. Shepherds rule was knows as the days of the circus but while he pissed us off a plenty, we turned a blind eye as we had periods of living the highlife. Why cant people see the similarity in what is happening now? I dont like what he is doing behind the scenes but like the hypocrite I am I will turn a blind eye so long as I m enjoying the football and we are "riding the crest of a wave again".

On Pardew, I was wrong. I said that I didnt expect him to do any better than CH. I have the utmost respect for CH but I cannot play down the decision to remove him and add Pardew.

Fact is, we're in Europe and fact is to some people hating MA is more important.

Spot on.

Spot on.

Ditto. I went through the whole hating MA but supporting the club is more important. Like it or not he has made some unpopular decisions but turning a 3million loss last year is nothing to be sniffed at.

We are in Europe, that's fine. I am happy, it is fair to say though, that is only because of the shit over the last few seasons. Europa League should be the very minimum for this club.

Can we maintain our position there? Only time will tell. We have had some good buys, no doubt, will that happen season after season? Running a club on a shoe-string will only get you so far. If Ashley starts spending large sums of money and we qualify for Europe in the form of Europa League/Champions League every season only then will I turn a blind eye to the level of piss take he has delivered. We have been relegated, the stadium has a joke name (officially at least) and he's leaching the club through free advertising that makes us look like bargain bin city.

Edited by Flair

We are in Europe, that's fine. I am happy, it is fair to say though, that is only because of the shit over the last few seasons. Europa League should be the very minimum for this club.

Can we maintain our position there? Only time will tell. We have had some good buys, no doubt, will that happen season after season? Running a club on a shoe-string will only get you so far. If Ashley starts spending large sums of money and we qualify for Europe in the form of Europa League/Champions League only then will I turn a blind eye to the level of piss take he has delivered. We have been relegated, the stadium has a joke name (officially at least) and he's leaching the club through free advertising that makes us look like bargain bin city.

Maybe in recent years but not now. Think how many other fans think their club should be were we are now. Were there cause we've worked our socks off all season, no club has a right to be there.

Edited by 2bias