NEWCASTLE UNITED ARE IN EUROPE

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: So much to pick apart. Shepherds rule was knows as the days of the circus but while he pissed us off a plenty, we turned a blind eye as we had periods of living the highlife. Why cant people see the similarity in what is happening now? I dont like what he is doing behind the scenes but like the hypocrite I am I will turn a blind eye so long as I m enjoying the football and we are "riding the crest of a wave again".

On Pardew, I was wrong. I said that I didnt expect him to do any better than CH. I have the utmost respect for CH but I cannot play down the decision to remove him and add Pardew.

Fact is, we're in Europe and fact is to some people hating MA is more important.

Seriously. This reaction of BEING BACK IN EUROPE of going "WELL ACTUALLY, he's going to rape Cabaye, just watch, you'll see, you'll all see!" is ridiculous. The toon are in fucking Europe.

I can't get my head around people assuming the world of football is the same now as it was a decade or so ago. Regardless of what's happened at NUFC. Look at the likes of Man City - now they can say that the bare minimum they should achieve is CL qualification, but that's only because they've got spending powers far beyond most clubs in the world.

Stop living in the past.

We are in Europe, that's fine. I am happy, it is fair to say though, that is only because of the shit over the last few seasons. Europa League should be the very minimum for this club.

Can we maintain our position there? Only time will tell. We have had some good buys, no doubt, will that happen season after season? Running a club on a shoe-string will only get you so far. If Ashley starts spending large sums of money and we qualify for Europe in the form of Europa League/Champions League every season only then will I turn a blind eye to the level of piss take he has delivered. We have been relegated, the stadium has a joke name (officially at least) and he's leaching the club through free advertising that makes us look like bargain bin city.

Jesus christ. You'll be one if we draw Barcelona, complaining about playing 5 in midfield.

It was two years ago we were away at Plymouth watching absolutely SHITE football, now we could be in the Champions League. There's absolutely no cause for concern now. No point in even following and supporting the team if you can't get caught up in the moment of it all; you can do it perfectly fine as well as look at the long picture.

We are in Europe, that's fine. I am happy, it is fair to say though, that is only because of the shit over the last few seasons. Europa League should be the very minimum for this club.

Based on what exactly? We don't have a history where we've been regulars in the European Cup or anything like that. You're talking like a Liverpool fan, but we lack any of their pedigree in that tournament. And they sound like cunts WITH that pedigree. This season has been a huge achievement, and this qualification is a huge achievement.

Aquirring players is the aim - not spending money, our recruitment policy has been a massive success!

The current financial policy is fine for where we are at; but to get to the next level, we need to spend money. We were meant to be seemingly thankful that Ashley was prepared to spend £9m on Cisse. Cisse is a quality buy and worth probably more but we should be spending money like that regularly. You spend money, you get quality, obviously it may not happen if you spend it on shit but no one is saying that. As I say, if he starts spending money, all fine and good.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy. However, I can't see why it suddenly changes the fact that we were regularly qualifying for such competitions under Freddy Shepherd.

He must be trolling.

The attitude some appear to have - a cynicism born of worrying about what might happen in seasons to come instead of just enjoying the here and now when the lads are doing well - is just beyond my comprehension.

We absolutely should feel aggrieved by stuff like the name change that has actually happened. Nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, some make their arguments centre around thing such as us selling players in windows and not replacing them adequately (which hasn't actually occurred yet)- things that might happen. What's the point in following the club if you're just going to depress yourself over (unfair) assumptions?

Aquirring players is the aim - not spending money, our recruitment policy has been a massive success!

The current financial policy is fine for where we are at; but to get to the next level, we need to spend money. We were meant to be seemingly thankful that Ashley was prepared to spend £9m on Cisse. Cisse is a quality buy and worth probably more but we should be spending money like that regularly. You spend money, you get quality, obviously it may not happen if you spend it on shit but no one is saying that. As I say, if he starts spending money, all fine and good.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy. However, I can't see why it suddenly changes the fact that we were regularly qualifying for such competitions under Freddy Shepherd.

We've bought French league winners, leading goalscorers, supreme attacking talent and exciting Italian prospects with our policy. WHAT could you possibly want to see? Millions spunked up the wall Liverpool style?

Cabaye, Tiote, Santon, Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa. Howay then, what one isn't quality? Santon will be in a season or two, it's plain to see.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Bollocks. Torres £50m, Carroll £35m....Cabaye £4m, Cisse £8m, Tiote £1.5m. You do not need to spend stupid amounts of money to get quality. We are so fortunate that we have a scouting system set up which can go out and find us real quality at low prices. The days are long gone that we get ourselves into pointless debt by overpaying for "BIG NAMES" to appease fans like yourself.

People on this board for some reason think spending money is synonymous with buying crap. No one is saying that...

If I were to go into a supermarket, I don't know, lets use Tesco. There may well be some new Italian brand which is cheap or some French varieties of food which seem attractive. It may taste good today and serve the purpose of giving me a meal. However, at the end of the day, when I sit down after grafting many hours at work, I want a quality meal. It is far more worthwhile buying quality products from quality brands to get a nicer meal than continually trying cheap alternatives. Same applies here.

People on this board for some reason think spending money is synonymous with buying crap. No one is saying that...

If I were to go into a supermarket, I don't know, lets use Tesco. There may well be some new Italian brand which is cheap or some French varieties of food which seem attractive. It may taste good today and serve the purpose of giving me a meal. However, at the end of the day, when I sit down after grafting many hours at work, I want a quality meal. It is far more worthwhile buying quality products from quality brands to get a nicer meal than continually trying cheap alternatives. Same applies here.

You think the players we have in our team are cheap alternatives...Near enough all of them are INTERNATIONAL players. Even Santon has nearly 10 caps for Italy at 21 years old. Jesus man.

Could you about that sig? its obnoxious. I'm happy to wait if you have to ask Leazes first.

Just because Ashley is getting lucky with regards to results on the field, doesn't mean we still aren't a circus off the field. Stadium called Sports Direct Arena ffs, we still haven't seen all of the Carroll money. Fair play to him on recruiting Graham Carr but that's about it. Time will tell with regards to Pardew, you have to remember Hughton himself wasn't exactly doing a crap job.

Not sure what you mean by the bit underlined, but I certainly reckon that the rest is utter horseshit. Lucky for 33 games?? IMHO we are LESS of a circus now than at any time in Ashley or Shepherds reign.

Instead of having teammates fighting each other on the pitch we have teammates fighting FOR each other.

Instead of gaining backpage headlines for off the field nonsense we are getting backpage headlines for our on the pitch achievements.

Instead of having the country mock us for for being "deluded geordies" we are now gaining envious glances from a lot of the country.

Instead of spunking money we havent got on players past their prime we are investing money we DO have on good players with potential to get better

Instead of having our Chairman in the papers laughing at us for buying shirts, and slagging off our city we have an owner who HAS made mistakes, but HAS also put a lot of them right, along with the previous incumbents mistakes also!!

We're going to come 6th minimum from the looks of it, 2 years after watching stars like Marlon Harewood we now get to watch a french title winner and current regular in their national side Yohann Cabaye. No idea how anyone can be miserable at the moment, IF Ashley suddenly flogs the whole squad and starts buying shite for cheap then we can all moan but for the moment let's enjoy it eh or just pack in watching football.

Could you about that sig? its obnoxious. I'm happy to wait if you have to ask Leazes first.

Just because Ashley is getting lucky with regards to results on the field, doesn't mean we still aren't a circus off the field. Stadium called Sports Direct Arena ffs, we still haven't seen all of the Carroll money. Fair play to him on recruiting Graham Carr but that's about it. Time will tell with regards to Pardew, you have to remember Hughton himself wasn't exactly doing a crap job.

Not sure what you mean by the bit underlined, but I certainly reckon that the rest is utter horseshit. Lucky for 33 games?? IMHO we are LESS of a circus now than at any time in Ashley or Shepherds reign.

Instead of having teammates fighting each other on the pitch we have teammates fighting FOR each other.

Instead of gaining backpage headlines for off the field nonsense we are getting backpage headlines for our on the pitch achievements.

Instead of having the country mock us for for being "deluded geordies" we are now gaining envious glances from a lot of the country.

Instead of spunking money we havent got on players past their prime we are investing money we DO have on good players with potential to get better

Instead of having our Chairman in the papers laughing at us for buying shirts, and slagging off our city we have an owner who HAS made mistakes, but HAS also put a lot of them right, along with the previous incumbents mistakes also!!

THIS!

:lol: you know fuck all about the players we signed then. Do you even watch our games?

Yohan Cabaye has CL experience and captained the side that won the French league last season, Ba has shown his excellence, quite how Cisse, the man who has scored goals EVERYWHERE, is a low-rent version of a goalscorer is beyond me. Tiote has shown that he could slot into any top side in the PL with very little effort, Ben Arfa is, well, it's Ben Arfa ffs. The kid was as highly-rated as an angel's blowjob until his attitude got a bit dodgy. Santon has had rave reviews from managers like Mourinho.

You want money spunked on players like Adebayor who are just mercenaries at the core of them. I bet you leapt through the room when that horrible little shit Martins signed on daft wages for a pay day.

You are, literally, the first person I've heard that wants us to stop buying 20 goal a season strikers and highly-rated prospects on the cheap that have got a hunger to succeed and revert back to signing players based on agent chatter who just want vastly inflated wages off a daft cunt who was desperate to have all the charades of being a big club.

We weren't a successful side in the dying years of Shepard but fuck me if we're not looking like the start of one now.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Yup. We absolutely have a squad I find it easier to get behind (I say squad - I'll always be 100% behind the club) nowadays. To a man they just seem more on the right level; not saying the big names of the past were bad people, but I don't think they were together as the lads are now, nor do I think they were all totally in it for the right reasons. They all seem approachable, down to earth men. No big egos, no dodgy attitudes, no silly salaries. They've all bought into the club, whether firstly through Hughton or via Pardew alone.

We've had the odd player such as Barton and Ranger who's been controversial, so we've still had the odd embarrassment. But the club have gone about those players in the right way - look at where they are now.

If you want to compare us now to previous eras - just read the papers, visit football blogs, listen to people in the game etc. We're an admired club now. People like us. They like our ethos, our policies (for the most part), our abilities, our attitudes, our players, our support. The amount of positive press as of late has been overwhelming to see, as an NUFC fan. We've a club for which few neutrals want us to do badly.

Can we maintain our position there? Only time will tell. We have had some good buys, no doubt, will that happen season after season? Running a club on a shoe-string will only get you so far. If Ashley starts spending large sums of money and we qualify for Europe in the form of Europa League/Champions League every season only then will I turn a blind eye to the level of piss take he has delivered. We have been relegated, the stadium has a joke name (officially at least) and he's leaching the club through free advertising that makes us look like bargain bin city.

"Europa League should be the very minimum for this club" -- No club has a guaranteed right to anything. It should be applauded when its achieved, not booed when it isnt.

"Running a club on a shoe-string will only get you so far" -- It can get you out of crippling debt, which is when you can really start to build on solid foundations, instead of trying to build on shaky debt ridden, credit card propped quicksand.

"If Ashley starts spending large sums of money and we qualify for Europe in the form of Europa League/Champions League every season only then will I turn a blind eye to the level of piss take he has delivered." -- What if he gains regular qualification without spending big, would you be happy or not?

"he's leaching the club through free advertising" -- I'd much rather that the siphoning money through warehouse scams and the likes!!