United to unveil Sir Bobby Statue

Mr Gittes

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does SBR have to do with your bizarre drug taking methods, Deaderz?

williamson, worse than drugs

SBR, as good as drugs!

Saw the statue on sunday. It looks nothing like him. If they do these things, they ought to do them properly or not at all.

Only real view I have of it, is I know Sir Bobby was a great football man who was respected throughout the footballing world, a great manager, lovely man, and gave us good times as a manager, but there are 2 people who are more worthy of that and they are Joe Harvey and Kevin Keegan who both served the club with distinction as players and managers and did much better jobs as managers.

Some may not agree, but that's what I think anyway. Speaking of which, the appeal for the Joe Harvey statue of which the Fairs Club are helping to raise funds for, seems to be going very well with lots of ex players, both NUFC and otherwise, chipping in with all sort of memorabilia to help out through the Club [Fairs Club].

Edited by LeazesMag

More probably an attempt at his England look but still doesnt really capture him. Shame.

edit: Its actually just the eyes that he hasnt really got right in fairness. The rest is pretty spot on.

article-1203514-05E9B2B3000005DC-791_468x438.jpg

Edited by Christmas Tree

I have no issue with having a statue to SBR.  Not so much only for the footballing things he done for our club, but for what he done for the region and continues to do through his charity.  On the footballing only side then for me Joe Harvey is the only choice.  Won the FA Cup twice with us as a player and the fairs cup as a manager.

KK I'd maybe consider when he died and you look back and reflect what he done.  Bit soon though atm I think.

On the SBR statue, Im hoping to get down the the ground and take a decent pic.

I think it's a decent enough statue, certainly the posture is spot on.

It's very hard to replicate somebody's face in sculpture & you seldom see an accurate representation.

nice gesture by the club. shame it looks nowt like him.

still, could be worse

stadium%20of%20light%2027.jpg

That thing is fucking disgraceful man.:lol:

Imagine before they pulled the sheet off, it would have looked like your classic Halloween sheet ghost. WoooooooOooooOooo the ghost of paedo past.