Favourite experience meeting a footballer

Ayatollah Hermione

Be interesting to know which footballers you've picked up in your taxi tbh!

Off the top of my head I've only ever picked up Elmohamedy, which I still do a few times a week.

So, not that interesting then. :razz:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met Gary Lineker when I was a young fella, got my photo with him signing a football in the front page of the sports section in rugby mad Rotorua! Had no idea who he was at the time, but was keen as on the free football.

Met Sir Bob at a U16s (iirc) game at Ponteland in the Northumberland Cup. Won't surprise you to know he was as enthusiastic about that game as any other. Had loads of time for anyone there talking to him.

Beardsley I've met a few times. Can be a bit of an arse tbf. Still best player I've seen though in b&w.

Nolan I met at a charity gig, he was canny. Didn't realise he was as tall like!

I sat with Jack Charlton at a charity gig last year and he was just a decent down to earth bloke and a good laugh.

Gary Bennett I've met a few times again through the charity football. He can't commentate but tbf is a really good bloke.

Met Franco Baresi a couple of times now. He can't speak English (or barely) so still not sure, seems ok.

Met Gary Lineker when I was a young fella, got my photo with him signing a football in the front page of the sports section in rugby mad Rotorua! Had no idea who he was at the time, but was keen as on the free football.

Think I'd be more keen on a free football than linekers autograph, smart kid.

:lol: The worst thing is, this will be 100% the truth!

It certainly is, at the time there was a newspaper that had done an interview with Budgies wife and she told them he slept with the keepers gloves on and with a football in the bed and gave interviews in his sleep to Gerald Sinstead, I asked her if it was true or if the reporter had exaggerated and she confirmed it was 100% right. nice bloke but mad as a ships cat.

I had a job as a waiter in Pizzaland for a couple of months and Watson, Clarkie & Elliott used to come in for Carbonara & Milk. We'd often swap their meals for match tickets.

When I was a kid we used to have a knock around in the car park behind John Andersons house, he'd sometimes join in.

Cheeky twat denied it on the phone in a few weeks ago though, might have to go put his windows through

It certainly is, at the time there was a newspaper that had done an interview with Budgies wife and she told them he slept with the keepers gloves on and with a football in the bed and gave interviews in his sleep to Gerald , I asked her if it was true or if the reporter had exaggerated and she confirmed it was 100% right. nice bloke but mad as a ships cat.

:lol: especially the bit in bold.