Down and out in Paris....

PaddockLad

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabs are quite cheap PL, about €45 from the airport for a 45 minute journey. Around Paris, very reasonable, much much cheaper than a black cab in London but hard to find late on a weekend. Metro is ridiculously cheap, if you are there just for a couple of days get a carnet of tickets.

I would go to Entrecôte anyway, force her to watch you eat there as recompense for her organising the holiday at such a crucial time in the season.

I don't often drink round Republique (in fact I'm the proverbial pilot light - I never gan oot) but I think The Rush Bar is near there and will have the football on.

Round my gaff is quite nice. There is a reasonably priced hotel near by called the Jardin de Villiers which was recommended by the Sunday Times in their review of my area. Villiers is the metro station, go west towards the arc de triomphe and you have Parc Monceau which is small but nice for walking around, there is a Roman colonnade with a lake, some bizarre small pyramids, statues of composers and in the summer its full of fanny. Go east and north from Villiers, you have the market which is great on a Sunday (Marche de Levis) and marks the border of the area called Batignolles. Rue des Dames runs though it which the old road the nuns used to take walking up to sacre coeur. Start at the west end of rue des dames and bar hop up to Place de Clichy. Start at Scoop bar (owned by an ex London correspondent for Le Monde), announce yourself as a Geordie and the manager will probably call me. Next up 3 Pieces, bar food and art in there are good, cheap pints, then have some cheap and decent plonk in Caves Populaires, then Guiness and more anglophone welcomes in the Lush Bar. Or spend all night in Le Bloc bar which is at the north end of the area. Eat at Comme Chez Maman, have the cote de boeuf for 2. Or Les Grandes Bouches, or Le P'tit Canon on rue Legendre. Or just about anywhere, loads of great eats and bars.

By the way, don't believe anything Chez says, he's full of shit. He said he hung around with drug gangsters in London, people who will have routinely raped and murdered civilians in cold blood--he enjoyed their patter, but apparently if you photoshop his head onto Himmler's body, you've gone too far. Well I have to call bullshit on that one I'm afraid.

No, I said I hung around with some dodgy kids who knew some horrible cunts. I was reflecting on their mixed attitudes to race, some proper nasty and some very liberal.

The biggest revellation of this thread is that you actually have been stalking me, you wrong un.

No, I said I hung around with some dodgy kids who knew some horrible cunts. I was reflecting on their mixed attitudes to race, some proper nasty and some very liberal.

The biggest revellation of this thread is that you actually have been stalking me, you wrong un.

I went through your underpants drawer when I was in Paris and you were at the large halldron collidor. Minty fresh, with a hint of almonds.

Cheap beer too. And women.

Went to Tallinn a few years ago with a few meights, thought if we went home alone there we should consider ourselves lucky - eastern european birds must surely appreciate some scandinavians right?

Well we all ended up clawing on the door of a strip club at 4 AM, when they finally let us in they opened like 5 champagne bottles simultaneously and charged us for it immediately. I guess it was nice. One of the strippers sat on my face without a thong. must admit I stuck my tongue out. Proceeded to get taken the piss out of for going down on a prostitute.

Deservedly so, I guess.

Edited by Lake Bells tits