FA given Permission to speak to Roy Hodgson over England job

Tooj

I love that Redknapp has been overlooked. :lol:

Likewise. He's been prancing around for over two months believing it's his to reject. His twitches must be in over-drive! :lol:

his trials AFTER the euros isnt it?

agree with everything else you said though

You're right of course, for some reason I thought it was in early June.

If Roy and the FA dont bite the bullet and just leave him out altogether then the tournament will be a waste of time. He's divisive to say the least.

Edited by PaddockLad

You're right of course, for some reason I thought it was in early June.

If Roy and the FA dont bite the bullet and just leave him out altogether then the tournament will be a waste of time. He's divisive to say the least.

I don't think they can, cos it looks like they're condemning him. Not that I give a fuck like, but the FA will.

I don't think they can, cos it looks like they're condemning him. Not that I give a fuck like, but the FA will.

I'm sure you're right, but I think the precedent is Bowyer and Woodgate not being considered for international before their trial. They seem like innocent times now like :jesuswept:

It's the correct move imo. The only problem is that it now makes Good Old 'Arry © The Tabloid Press a martyr who we'll be told would have 100% of won us the Euro 2012 and then probably the 2014 World Cup...but he was never given the chance by the nasty pasty FA. This will be shoved down our throats by every tabloid hack for at least the next 10 years.

It's the correct move imo. The only problem is that it now makes Good Old 'Arry © The Tabloid Press a martyr who we'll be told would have 100% of won us the Euro 2012 and then probably the 2014 World Cup...but he was never given the chance by the nasty pasty FA. This will be shoved down our throats by every tabloid hack for at least the next 10 years.

Very true

I like Hodgson and I do think he's a good manager but the age old problem of egos and cuntish behavior in the England squad might be too much for him to handle. A lot of the players seemed to want Redknapp too so I can imagine some of them not respecting Hodgson in the same way.

I like Hodgson and I do think he's a good manager but the age old problem of egos and cuntish behavior in the England squad might be too much for him to handle. A lot of the players seemed to want Redknapp too so I can imagine some of them not respecting Hodgson in the same way.

Just don't pick them then. :lol:

I've been quite amused by the press caliming that Redknapp is the fans choice. Personally, I don't want the tactically naive, big game bottling, dead dog fraudster anywhere near the national team.

Plus, if Good Old Harry © TTP really wanted the England job then he should have fucking applied for it. Oh, that's tight, the greedy bastard would want his Spurs pay off.

That would be the logical answer but it won't happen imo. He should get rid of Terry altogether, not because he's a bad player but because he is more likely than not going to cause some sort of problem. Can't just drop him either has to be completely gotten rid of. Stevie G should be nowhere near the team based on recent performances and Lampard should probably be benched. I can easily imagine nothing changing though.

(in reply to Johnny2J)

Edited by TicTacWoe

As much as I hate harry england would have been - if not anything else - a more interesting side with him leading the line.

Roy Hodgson and england just screams snorefest to me. Out in the 1/8 finals at best..

Not really. Would have played 442 with wingers and we'd have got battered every match.

Might be some semblence of tactics under Woy.

For Redknapp see Brian Clough over 30 years ago. Hodgson will probably fit into the Ron Greenwood mould too.