Food Expiry Dates

TheMoog

Anyone who stores ketchup in the fridge needs to have a word. Severely impairs the flavour.

I always keep bread in the freezer for as and when I need it. This means I never have to throw out perfectly good stuff. It's interesting that homemade bread has less tendency to grow mould than shop-bought. Probably all the shite they put into making it!

So long as something passes the sniff test, it's fine. I'll even cut around a bit of rotten veg as more often than not the rest of it is perfectly fine.

Last year we went on a camping trip and cut a hole underneath a box of butter and and shat in it, and glued the bottom back on.

When our mate starting helping himself to the butter next morning, the more he dug into it the more brown it got - gradually.

We intervened in time for him not to eat anything, but he still insisted we could eat the part that was not directly in contact with the faeces.

Hes not picky like

Edited by Lake Bells tits

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i go by look and smell too, rather than use by date. eggs being the exception.

though i've always got a bag of unidentifiable green stuff lurking somewhere at the back of my fridge that i won't eat.

i've got no problem with trimming of bits of cheese that have gone mouldy and eating the good stuff.

i go by look and smell too, rather than use by date. eggs being the exception.

though i've always got a bag of unidentifiable green stuff lurking somewhere at the back of my fridge that i won't eat.

i've got no problem with trimming of bits of cheese that have gone mouldy and eating the good stuff.

There is usually a bit of vegetable fluids in my veggie drawer too :lol:

Last year we went on a camping trip and cut a hole underneath a box of butter and and shat in it, and glued the bottom back on.

When our mate starting helping himself to the butter next morning, the more he dug into it the more brown it got - gradually.

We intervened in time for him not to eat anything, but he still insisted we could eat the part that was not directly in contact with the faeces.

Hes not picky like

You've got problems.

Hes not picky like

Why would you do that?!

Hes not picky like

:o

Doesn't Tomato Sauce have vinegar in, which is a preservative?

This.

No need to refrigerate the stuff, which gives it a really weird wet taste.

Room temp and it's divine. Why would you put something cold on hot food?

From Heinz FAQ

Q: Do I need to refrigerate Ketchup?

A: Because of its natural acidity, Heinz® Ketchup is shelf-stable. However, its stability after opening can be affected by storage conditions. We recommend that this product, like any processed food, be refrigerated after opening. Refrigeration will maintain the best product quality after opening.

Q: What is the shelf life of an unopened bottle of Ketchup?

A: Fifteen months from production. Look for the “best by†on the cap or back of bottle.

Personally a cupboard man and it stays there til it's empty!

I didnt shit in it! I was just there, and it was funny.

Couple more posts and it'll be "I once saw this thing on YouTube about some guys who...".

Blatant butter-shitter tbh